Does anyone have any info on my Norinco SKS?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Eli

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Ghettohood - SW Houston
    DSC01762.gif

It's just over 10" long.
    The FAL Files Forums - WTS Chinese Fiberglass SKS stocks (also fits Yugoslavian!) for the red plastic stocks BUT these are also for a blade bayonet.
    Chinese SKS Jungle Stock for Spike Bayo : for SKS at GunBroker.com is exactly what I'd use were that rifle mine!

Eli

Kyle

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Conroe
    DSC01762.gif

It's just over 10" long.
    The FAL Files Forums - WTS Chinese Fiberglass SKS stocks (also fits Yugoslavian!) for the red plastic stocks BUT these are also for a blade bayonet.
    Chinese SKS Jungle Stock for Spike Bayo : for SKS at GunBroker.com is exactly what I'd use were that rifle mine!

Eli

Good call, I may have to go that route, I hate to change stocks though, mine is in wicked good shape from what ive seen to compare to. maybe Ill just leave the bayo deployed just in case! :P

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    By the way, if you join the SKS Boards forum, don't mention the fact that you are considering changing out the bayonet!

Their anal orifices will pucker and whistle, and you'll get never-ending lectures on how that is a violation of 922r and if you disagree you will be kicked off that forum.

Don't ask me how I know that...

chubbyzook

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    houston
    i think most if not all norincos used a spike bayonett, the ones ive seen with blades all had the stock notched for the blade. its simple enough to do your self.

Kyle

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Conroe
    By the way, if you join the SKS Boards forum, don't mention the fact that you are considering changing out the bayonet!

Their anal orifices will pucker and whistle, and you'll get never-ending lectures on how that is a violation of 922r and if you disagree you will be kicked off that forum.

haha, that doesn't surprise me, I get a kick out of how anal gun nuts are (that sounds bad) I just want what is right for it and the stock I have seems to be too narrow in the stock for a bayonet. who knows maybe I will just take it off and save the headache.

Kyle

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Conroe
    i think most if not all norincos used a spike bayonett, the ones ive seen with blades all had the stock notched for the blade. its simple enough to do your self.

That is what I have found too, but then there are occasional instances that show a blade, my stock seems like it is in between the two as far as how it is cut for fitting the nasty appendage.

Eli

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Ghettohood - SW Houston

Ugh! 922(r) doesn't even apply if it doesn't have a detachable magazine!

Eli

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio

LOL, what? Bayonets aren't even listed for 922(r).

The never-ending lectures would end when I told them to show me exactly what part of 922(r) it violated. That is one section that's pretty damn clear.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    LOL, what? Bayonets aren't even listed for 922(r).

The never-ending lectures would end when I told them to show me exactly what part of 922(r) it violated. That is one section that's pretty damn clear.

They claim that replacing a missing item "modifies" the rifle from its original form. Forget the fact that it originally had a bayonet on it, they'll argue that the bayonet may have been removed prior to it coming into the country; therefore it needs to be 922r compliant!

If you think they're anal-retentive over at 7.62x54R.net concerning modifying Mosins (they will even ban you for even mentioning wanting to "restore" anyone on one!), the bozos over at SKS Boards are just as bad if not worse because they don't know what the hell they are talking about!

It's a shame as it is a great source of info on the SKS, but when such idiotic rules are applied I'd just rather not be a part of it all...

Cheers! M2

striker25

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    Dallas/Plano Border
    I sold my very first and only Norinco a few months back and regret it big time. A guy actually tried to run off with it one day. He asked to hold it and like an idiot I said sure why not. he actually started running away from me with my gun. I was so pissed I chased after him and called the cops. By the time they got there he was already gone though.

Top Bottom