Capitol Armory ad

Does anyone have any experience with current Ithaca's?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    As it turns out i am easily swayed, and after binging every episode of ADAM-12, I kinda have the hankering for a model 37.

I don't care about not being able to slam fire, and while i am not opposed to an older example, every example I've seen was way too expensive or beat to hell and back. Often both.

I'm looking at the home defense model with an 18.5" barrel, wood stock and nitride finish.
    Target Sports

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I traded my Winchester single shot for an Ithaca #37, added the Deer Slayer Barrel at some point. They are great shot guns, bottom ejections makes then iconic.

I would buy a beat up old school American made before dropping dime on the chicom version.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    I traded my Winchester single shot for an Ithaca #37, added the Deer Slayer Barrel at some point. They are great shot guns, bottom ejections makes then iconic.

I would buy a beat up old school American made before dropping dime on the chicom version.
    My understanding is the new ones are all US made, and they better be for the amount they are asking

AZ Refugee

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    I had an older 37T that I sold to one of the members here. He wanted it to convert to a home defenses unit. I looked at what it would take and the cost and ended up limit at the newer model version and deciding that if I was too going to have an Ithaca for home defense, the newer I e was the way to go. They appear to be well made.

single stack

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2011
    FL
    One of the guys in the gun club I belong to is a writer for a couple of shotgun oriented magazines. The new Ithaca gun company from Sandusky Ohio sent him two new 28 gauge pump guns to evaluate. Both failed including the trigger assembly falling out of one. He may have declined to give them a writeup.
    The old ones are quite solid and dependable.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    One of the guys in the gun club I belong to is a writer for a couple of shotgun oriented magazines. The new Ithaca gun company from Sandusky Ohio sent him two new 28 gauge pump guns to evaluate. Both failed including the trigger assembly falling out of one. He may have declined to give them a writeup.
    The old ones are quite solid and dependable.
    Damn.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    I'd sure look for an older one personally. They are solid and reliable. Also they were designed in part by John Browning.

They also had a 17 year jump on the Remington 870.
    Interest has faded. Starting to look into something that starts with M and ends with 203.

WAA

I ❤️ Texas
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2022
    Slab City
    gun club… from Sandusky Ohio…
    Didn’t know Tommy Boy was making shotguns.

Anyone else remember the Beverly Hillbillies episode where Mr Drysdale tries to get Uncle Jed to take up golf? Uncle Jed looks at the golf bag and spikes and says, “Jethro, these Golfs must be some pretty tough critters. After you shoot one, you got to beat it with these clubs, and stomp on it with these shoes!”

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Interest has faded. Starting to look into something that starts with M and ends with 203.
    If you buy it as a registered destructive Device, don't buy it as a 37 mm or as a firearm. Guys who bought them as without 40 mm barrels are finding out barrels are not always available.

I just sold my spare barrel & some chalk rounds to a friend of mine a few days ago. The WTB ads on sturmgewehr.com are popping up pretty regular. Before my buddy bought mine I offered to another guy @ $50.00 over MSRP, but there was no S&H or taxes asked for. My friend drive 2 hours one way, but we ate a steak & he bought the chalk rounds. I even let him have the nice crate.

Last edited:

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    i can see why you want to hold out for that bottom eject…

my home def scattergun is a retired sheriff dept police mag 870 w an 18.1” bbl.
    Ejection side doesn't really bother me. I have a few mossbergs that despite mossbergs *fantastic* QC, I actually kind of like.

My real problem is that i am very impulsive and am terrible with money

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Thaskinny1
    Top Bottom