Do you turn your cell phone off at bedtime?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ILexpatriot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2024
    Piney woods
    I don't. But mine automatically switches to vibrate during sleeping hours. The wife has hers set to receive every type of alert, and is usually set to BLAST. It woke us up, but the fact that we had no idea what "blue alert" was interrupted our sleep a lot more than the noise..

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    "Do not disturb" between 8pm and 5am, favorite contacts can call. If the same number calls a few times it's supposed to ring, could be an emergency. People I know know my schedule.

Same here, but both the wife and I got the "Blue Alert" (if that is what it was, I silenced it without reading) the other night.

I can only receive call/message notifications from my immediate family and TXSG leadership (both up and down my chain) after 10pm and before 5am.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Leave it on.
    Oldest daughter has medical issues, so need to be able to be reached.

Did not receive an alert.

I've not gotten one of those in quite a while.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    My phone stays on 24/7 and gets messages although I'm not likely to call back then.
    I have returned a few calls at 1-3 am to let the caller know I wasn't interested in selling the home they called about several times earlier in the day.

Last edited:

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Mine is on a schedule to go on Do-Not-Disturb from 8:00pm to 8:00am
    My thought it that my wife and kids are here so I would hear something if I needed to address it.
    If one of my family had an emergency or whatever, I'm not a doctor, so I can't help, and if they're dead, they'll still be dead when I wake up, so why ruin a good night sleep?

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Mine is on "Do not disturb" from 930pm -600 am

Only my immediate family and one friends phone calls or text will come thru during that time

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I have all those public safety alerts disabled so I never hear them. Ever.

Sleep mode is on 9p-6a. Only calls from a very short list of people come thru.

My “wake up” criteria is much tighter than it was during my .mil days.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    I leave mine on. Never know when there might be a late-night emergency call from one of the kids or my sister. But I turned those damn alerts off.

My wife leaves hers on, because she's got responsibilities if an alarm goes off at the store (like the night all of the frozen food coolers shut off - that trips an alarm and she gets a phone call from the alarm company and has to go in with the other managers to try to save the food). She didn't have that alert turned off, so it woke both of us up. On the upside, since I was already awake I didn't have to worry about my alarm fifteen minutes later.

TX oddball

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    DFW
    I don't have a landline, my phone is usually on while I sleep. Alerts are turned off, the few I can get, but my phone is also not a smartphone, it is a flip style phone with no data, just texts and voice calls. I don't get spam calls, the only texts I might get late at night might be from my son. Plus I keep my phone in the kitchen at night, same place on the counter top.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    meh I have no friends or family so I leave my phone on all the time just in case someone has pity on me and calls me. Its even nice to hear from a telemarketer at 3AM

Top Bottom