• Status
    Not open for further replies.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Well, crap! I thought we got the guys off of "whine mode." Actually, I have NOT heard any bitching about unfairness.

Fair? HA! I was banned from the 1911 site. The Greek Knothead said I did something and I did not do it. He insisted repeatedly that I did and assigned punishment points to me. I finally asked him to remove me from the user ranks. There was never anything rude or nasty....I just told him that the Internet was a big place and he could have his little piece of it and I'd find somewhere else to be. He sent several Emails stating that I was banned FOREVER! What a nut! TGT is a breath of fresh air.

In the end, it worked out great as I found TGT and it's been a nice place to hang out. Most of the guys are nice.....except for Skeeter (snicker) and if things get too pushy, I excuse myself and mosey somewhere else on the forum.

I got a little wound up after being out of work for a long time and being forced into retirement. I probably should have been slapped down a couple of times but I wasn't. Maybe that's where the "unfairness" allegations came from. Guys should have been slapped but weren't.

OH....I was pushed into retirement and found out that was the greatest thing that could have happened! Meanwhile, my stress is zero, I have enough to eat, get to go shooting about 3 times per week and I throttled back on my angry posts. When I'm not shooting pistols and rifles, I'm working on them. I put in a whole, well equipped shop and finally know where all of my tools are. Got my crap together and gathered stuff to get back into Black Powder shooting (both pistol and rifle). It's been 20 years since I had the time to do that. Life is Hell! Damn those SOB's for forcing me into retirement! BIG grin.............

Anyway.....NO COMPLAINTS ABOUT THE SITE FROM ME. JUST PLENTY OF "THANKS" FOR RUNNING A GREAT OUTFIT!

FLASH
    Hurley's Gold

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    it appears that the large majority of topics that go astray are non-firearms related.

That has been one of our problems as people who like to shoot and tinker with guns. I always figured that I could do my own thing and let the political folks do theirs. Now I know that the two things are forever linked. I hate politics with every fiber of my body but had to accept that if I didn't get involved, there wouldn't be any second amendment rights. It's necessary to wade in the political sewer to keep our rights.

I don't run with political people and the only way I know what's going on is to keep tuned into posts of those who do. This forum helped me a lot!

It did my heart good to hear and read the public outcry over the way our government was operating then to see our rulers spanked in the election! We saw a swell building and it swamped the deadwood. The neat part was that we could see it building and another wave can come right after that one. Maybe there is some hope! That off topic chat is essential to keep us informed.

Flash

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    Do you care to post what others thought was unfair, and let the majority decide?

As easy as that sounds, most forums are run by a very small yet vocal minority. I see 108 people looking in an area, and no posting going on. A lot of the posts on here are from relatively small group of people vs the membership at large. Is that bad thing? Depends on what advice is being given. If it is just poor advice, then a good throttling may be in order. Sure, everyone tosses in a laugh every once in a while, that is half the fun here. The loose cannons provide a lot of entertainment. Only if someone repeatedly is not respectful to another, then the punishment should be swift.

Personally I like the Singapore system of punishment. If you do something wrong you receive a warning. Just one warning, then you face the cane. Any offense without a prison term is treated similarly. I can tell you from first hand observation, the NO ONE there breaks the rules. Witness or talk to someone that has been caned and ask them if they want it again. Even hardened criminals avoid the prospect of Singapore justice. Maybe we should bring that here, it might make things turn for the better.

jcrntx

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 21, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    As a fairly new member it appears to me that things run pretty fairly. I have seen a couple threads where I was thinking "I would ban that guy" and lo and behold he gets a week to think it over. Seems to be quite a bit of knowledge on the board and quite a few folks who are keen on sharing that knowledge which is nice.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    Looks like most people are pleased with the option to act like adults and enjoy the basic meaning of what we hold dear.
    The Website is called GUN TALK...
    The conversation that guns bring about??
    Well lets see, the first being POLITICS! Politics is what screws us all.. If politicians understood what rights were all about and why we want them, then this site wouldnt exist!
    Whoever started this site probably had "Politics" in mind and i'll bet 2 bucks thats the exact reason why they made the effort to create this great site.
    Religion is the foundation behind us all. Religion is with us everyday and part of our every thought. Its the good stuff that gives us direction.
    And dont forget about the boobs! Guns or no guns, we all like boobs!
    Dogs are part of guns. Who else would run their ass off all day chasing the stuff I shoot? Cant live without the dogs, their just one more of gods great creations that we enjoy.

What wrong with this site you ask? Nothin! You got to face the fact that some people will get all butt hurt over nothing at all. When you start limiting what a person can say, or what topics they want to cover, then I think the site will go down in flames. Of all the sites I have been on, I can honestly say this one has been a great pleasure.
    Thanks Alan, keep up the good work...

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    There are also sub-forums on here for politics, religion, news....many of these topics are DIRECTLY related to our 2A rights. I like have a variety of topics to browse on here. If I want to stick with just the firearms topics I stay on those threads... when I want a little more I wander to others. I dont like havening to go to a dozen forums to get chat or get info.
    THANK GOD someone finally posts the RIGHT ANSWER!!! if one doesnt like politics, stay out of the political forum INSTEAD of asking it to be changed or closed.....

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    THANK GOD someone finally posts the RIGHT ANSWER!!! if one doesnt like politics, stay out of the political forum INSTEAD of asking it to be changed or closed.....

And if you don't like what was said in the political forum, please feel free to adress the offense IN THAT THREAD or by PM, not chase someone down days later and attack them in a non-political thread....especially when the "offending" remark wasn't even aimed at you, nor were you even a part of the conversation to start with!

jake75

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    Hurst, TX
    The site is run great by you guys. Only problem is that I have noticed a few whiney people and cry babies. Other than that, Great site! I have it on my favorites bar.

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    As a new Texas resident I found this site to be a great source of info. I think people do tend to show there ass from time to time. But I have not seen anything handled unfairly. But as others have mentioned if I see a topic im not interested in I generally leave it alone.

dalto

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2010
    Austin
    if one doesnt like politics, stay out of the political forum INSTEAD of asking it to be changed or closed.....

So...you guys realize that a lot of people don't read the board by clicking in and out of every part of the forum, right?

I don't have a problem with the political forum and I am more than capable of ignoring posts that don't interest me. That being said, many of the posts in the political forum regularly cross the line with no apparent benefit in sight. When "political" posts start out with what appears to be nothing more than insulting one-sided name calling they have no value. I am all for discussions of our second amendment rights and how to maintain them but things like "why are libtards such ass-hats" don't go anywhere positive.

I think the board is run well. Just my opinion.

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    I love Texas and this gun related site ! It is my favorite of the several that I view daily. I have no problem with the Boss Man or the rules. I wouldn't care to live anywhere but Texas with all the great folks here. Keep up the good work 1911 !

okie556

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    I've gotten word that a number of members don't think this site is ran honestly or fairly ... well ... rather than talking behind my back, here's your opportunity to say something about it.

As others has said.........it's your site so your call on how it's ran. If I don't like......I'm free to leave and go else where. With that said I will add that I think the site and how you have called out some what I'll call "Bully Posting" has greatly improved. Keep up the good work!

Jeff B

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Flower Mound, TX
    No issues, and like others have stated, it's your board... anyone that comes on/in is a guest. I think folks (all of us at times) forget that we are guests and should act as such.

I've gotten past getting into internet pissing contests. If I don't like how someone interacts, I just ignore them. I also try pretty hard not to show my butt, which should remain covered anyhow.

;)

Jeff B.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I for one am here for the great information on shooting in Texas, and it has been a wealth of information for which I am extremely grateful; but I kinda wish it would stay focused on that and other subjects such as religion and politics be discussed elsewhere...

As has been noted, there is some bleed over between shooting and those subjects. Also, having a place to discuss things like that can help build a community atmosphere rather than keeping everything technical and bland.

... so long as they don't get into insulting each other and being disruptive to that community atmosphere, anyway.

Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    Political discussions are kinda like farting; it's gonna come out sooner or later, so you might as well have a corner of the room for it. Follks just can't help it sometimes. When things get personal, really personal and not just name-calling, then sometimes the ban-hammer must be wielded.

I think the board is run well - until I get banned, that is.

regunner

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2010
    west texas
    I think things are fair on here; but if I could make an observation, it appears that the large majority of topics that go astray are non-firearms related.

I for one am here for the great information on shooting in Texas, and it has been a wealth of information for which I am extremely grateful; but I kinda wish it would stay focused on that and other subjects such as religion and politics be discussed elsewhere...

I don't see the necessity to include such topics on this forum, unless they can be directly tied to guns; especially since there are tons of forums out there for those kind of discussions.

Just something to consider. Otherwise, this has been and continues to be one of the best gun forums I have found. I owe TexasRedneck for steering me to it.

Cheers! M2

im new here and i agree its your call

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom