Guns International

Do you shoot one gun really good and one really bad? Not sure what is going on here.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • S13

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2022
    Edmond, Oklahoma
    I mean, it is just shooting semi auto pistolas. I can understand if it was a revolver or something.

But I shoot one really good and one I get one round outside of qualifying. What the hell man?
    icon_smile_angry.gif

really good- 100%

Really bad- 68%

DK Firearms

S13

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2022
    Edmond, Oklahoma
    another example

APX- 100%

Astra 600-68%

smiley_confused.gif
    smiley_confused.gif
    smiley_confused.gif
    smiley_confused.gif
    smiley_confused.gif
    smiley_confused.gif
    smiley_confused.gif
    smiley_confused.gif

On a serious note
    smiley_smartass.gif
    icon_smile_wink.gif
    , that APX is one seriously underrated gun. One of the best values in the pistol market today.

Txdweeb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2022
    Temple, Tx
    I’m the same way Cz an 1911 I’m lights out in the context of my handgun ability with a beretta or Glock I’m horrendous.

I’m just a novice pistol shooter in any regards but getting better.

Ausländer

Yak Shaving
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 14, 2022
    New Braunfels
    As was mentioned above - grip angle, grip width, trigger, trigger pull, trigger shape, finger placement, sights, weight, balance, proper hand placement (grip), breath control, sight picture....

Also, try different ammo/different grain.

Are you cross-eye dominant?

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    I can understand the VP-70. The trigger on those is pretty rough. The Astra is a blowback action, so recoil is a factor....especially with that grip shape.

Only thing I can suggest is more practice on each gun.....

S13

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2022
    Edmond, Oklahoma
    I can understand the VP-70. The trigger on those is pretty rough. The Astra is a blowback action, so recoil is a factor....especially with that grip shape.

Only thing I can suggest is more practice on each gun.....
    Lol, yeah. It would take some reps to get decent with that German monstrosity.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>

Back in the 1990’s, I decided to standardize hunting guns for me & my 2 Sons.

Bought 3x 870SF 12GA Models & 3x Mod 7’s in .243Win.

The rifles are interchangeable.

But, one of the shotguns just patterns & “hits” better than the other two. No one could tell us why, but that has been the case.

leVieux

<>

Last edited:

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    My wife has that issue with some. Not sure what is it.
    We took her new PPK to the range along with 4 other guns. At 5 yards, she was barely on the paper with the PPK, but with the other 4, she was her normal pretty-damn-decent shot. I tried the PPK and it was accurate for me. She tried again a few times and just couldn't shoot it well. Got rid of it since it was useless to her.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    My wife has that issue with some. Not sure what is it.
    We took her new PPK to the range along with 4 other guns. At 5 yards, she was barely on the paper with the PPK, but with the other 4, she was her normal pretty-damn-decent shot. I tried the PPK and it was accurate for me. She tried again a few times and just couldn't shoot it well. Got rid of it since it was useless to her.
    <>

I resemble that. Have owned Walther PPK pistols all my life, never could hit anything with them.

OTOH, a lifelong Buddy has 2x Browning “BuckMark” .22 pistols which we both shoot absurdly well.

Despite having fired tens of thousands rounds through various 1911’s, I’m not very good. The relatively lightly used 4” Python is always dead-on.

<>

Enigma57

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2020
    Dallas/ Fort Worth Area
    I am/ was a LEO firearms instructor and over the years I've seen a number of what I call, natural shooters. They can pick up just about anything without the need of much practice and shoot well to above average with it. My Dad was one, my oldest Son is one, me, the blessing missed me. I need to constantly shoot and shoot a lot to stay proficient.

The number of these natural shooters from my observation were decreasing from the time I started as an instructor to time I retired from law enforcement. Most people just don't grow up hunting and shooting these days as they did 40, 30 years ago.

I did make an interesting observation throughout my life growing up in the shadow of a natural shooter and later in my career. A lot of natural shooters don't make very good shooting instructors. Not all, but some natural shooters can struggle with instructing others and get frustrated more quickly in not understanding why the student/ or person can't perform easily up to their level of proficiency. This can cause some student shooters to actually get worse. Eventually this observation changed the way our departmental firearms instructors were selected and trained.

S13

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2022
    Edmond, Oklahoma
    Caniks are insanely accurate because of how they are designed. I shoot a TP9SF like a sniper.. at 15 yards I can make a hole the size of a fist with 100 rounds...

With a glock 19 that hole becomes the size of a dinner plate.

:-)

Yeah, that is my best shooting gun.

With the APX and the Lahti M40 close 2nds.

BBL

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    TX
    I agree with the above. Every gun is different so your grip changes, your trigger finger placement changes, your wrist and forearm angles change to adjust to the different sights, you name it.
    How fast are you shooting? Fast? Slowly?
    Do you place your trigger finger on the trigger consistently between the guns or do you change the placement due to different grip and ergonomics?
    Have you tried shooting with your support hand as primary? It would be interesting to compare results.
    Also, what distance? 10yds? 15? 7?

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Caniks are insanely accurate because of how they are designed. I shoot a TP9SF like a sniper.. at 15 yards I can make a hole the size of a fist with 100 rounds...

With a glock 19 that hole becomes the size of a dinner plate.
    I also have a TP9SF which I got I think 4 years ago when they were really cheap. I paid $289 for it brand new.
    It's not only the cheapest gun I ever bought, it's the most accurate as well.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    As others has mentioned it’s a matter of the gun fitting you and where your trigger finger is in that goldilocks zone. But what can amplify problems is expecting all shooters to use the same stance.

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    I had an S&W Shield . I could barely hit the Paper with it. I sold it and have a g43 I am totally more accurate with it.

Top Bottom