• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast
    I live fire several times a month, but I have dry practice that I do daily. Do you set aside a time daily or weekly that you work your drills?
    Target Sports

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    I drill anytime I think about it in the house. Im always amused when someone at the range asks why I put one round in a mag and practice reload drills.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Dry fire the AR and 1911 alot. However I alternate between the two every now and then, so I kinda forget the AR trigger when I use the 1911, and the 1911 trigger when I use the AR LOL.

jasont

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Houston
    If I didn't already go to the range for practice or a match I dry fire every day. As soon as the wife goes to bed at 9:30 I do a warm up then three sets of drills that last about 15 minutes each set. I change around the drills depending on what I have identified as being things I need to work on.

Been doing this for a few years but the last month or so have been getting bad pains in my weak hand. Haven't been gripping as hard but still hurts. Taking Ibuprofen to reduce inflammation and that helps some. Have to last just a couple more months until after the shooting season is over and can take a break in December.

Kingsnake

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    Houston
    Live fire training 4 times a week with HK duty weapon practicing both Combat and weak hand reloads.

Try to go out to the ranch in West Texas each month and run drills with issued select fire M4 and 870.

Train hard, fight easy..

Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast
    Have you ever tried mixing up the number of rounds in the mag or having a buddy add some dummy rounds in the mix?
    I drill anytime I think about it in the house. Im always amused when someone at the range asks why I put one round in a mag and practice reload drills.

Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast
    IIRC, Bianchi put a note in with their holsters about being able to do a 1.5 - 2 sec draw before using their security holster on duty. ChunkyMonkey, do you practice any footwork while working your draw?
    Daily practice with draws from my Raptor duty holster. Also practice trigger control.

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    Definitely not as often as I like. I only get trigger time 1-2 times a month(which I'm trying to increase). I dry fire on occasion, but definitely need to step that up.

ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    IIRC, Bianchi put a note in with their holsters about being able to do a 1.5 - 2 sec draw before using their security holster on duty. ChunkyMonkey, do you practice any footwork while working your draw?

I do. Fortunately, the local range allows me to do my version of stress drills, where some others only let you stand and shoot. I do try movement at the house as well. I'm looking into some local courses for more familiarization as I'm always looking to fine tune/progress.

Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast
    Why would you need a "ninja fetish" to put in some good practice? Do those of us that believe in putting in the work with our weapons qualify as wannabe ninjas in your opinion?
    I don't ever touch any of mine unless I'm at the range or my dad's property. I'm confident in my ability and have no ninja fetishes.

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    Why would you need a "ninja fetish" to put in some good practice? Do those of us that believe in putting in the work with our weapons qualify as wannabe ninjas in your opinion?
    Holy crap you guys are sensitive... It was just a joke. Nothing more. Nobody has been called any names.

As you were.

Top Bottom