• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jetcycles

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Shoreacres, TX
    This old P07 build is a hoot to shoot as well.
    c9483fb5427938a0e96e0ffc2565d369.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Hurley's Gold

Roscoe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    Magnolia
    Only have one right now, a CZ-75 Compact. For me it feels and handles just like my Hi Power. It's also as accurate and reliable. I love it!!!

Shuutr

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 29, 2012
    austin
    CZs are my go-to now.

I picked up a Blue Shadow 2 last week and it’s perfect for me.

It now sits next to my 75BD police, 75 compact, and P10c in the safe waiting for the next range trip.
    2964c9f96a204d1cda170e45857a246a.jpg

Reactions: MTA

Shuutr

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 29, 2012
    austin
    CZs are my go-to now.

I picked up a Blue Shadow 2 last week and it’s perfect for me.

It now sits next to my 75BD police, 75 compact, and P10c in the safe waiting for the next range trip.
    2964c9f96a204d1cda170e45857a246a.jpg

OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    I picked up a Blue Shadow 2 last week and it’s perfect for me
    I have a Shadow 2 Orange which is a step up from the Blue. Both are extremely well made firearms. I had the Blue, but I prefer the trigger on the Orange. Both are very natural to shoot which makes them very accurate. I have attached a photo of my Orange for those who don't believe unless a photo is offered The other is the first range trip with the brand new Orange. The bottom left target is 50 rounds of 45 ACP from my Wilson 1911 and the remaining targets are five shot groups each target with the brand new Orange. I will adjust the point of impact (if needed) once the pistol is fully broken in. This is what a 73 year old guy can do with a nice CZ.
    Imagine what a younger and fitter fellow could do.
    I am a 1911 guy by heart, but damn I sure love these CZ Shadow pistols. Buy one, I bet you won't regret it. I sure haven't. In fact I now own the Orange, and the Urban Grey Shadow 2. Sold my Blue recently. regret it now. Here is a photo of my collection at it's peak. A few have moved on to other homes.

Attachments

• SHADOW 2 ORANGE.jpg
      SHADOW 2 ORANGE.jpg
      752.9 KB · Views: 71
    • RANGE PHOTO 1.jpg
      RANGE PHOTO 1.jpg
      530.2 KB · Views: 81
    • CZ Collection.jpg
      CZ Collection.jpg
      421.6 KB · Views: 77
    Last edited:
    Reactions: MTA

PopPop

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2020
    Leander, Tx
    I liked the CZ 75B brushed stainless steel pistol that I had. To me that is the most gorgeous pistol. However, carrying that all steel pistol sent me right back to the G19. Next CZ was the P07, really liked the way it carried but the double action trigger sent me back to the G19 again.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    I had a CZ-75 for a while. I liked it, but somehow that pistol/my grip/the trigger wore off the bottom of my trigger finger every time I shot a bunch of rounds through it. It sure made me want to shoot another CZ pistol some before getting another one.

smittyb

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Cut N Shoot
    I liked the CZ 75B brushed stainless steel pistol that I had. To me that is the most gorgeous pistol. However, carrying that all steel pistol sent me right back to the G19. Next CZ was the P07, really liked the way it carried but the double action trigger sent me back to the G19 again.
    Try a P10C, you won't go back to a Block 19.

Shuutr

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 29, 2012
    austin
    I have a Shadow 2 Orange which is a step up from the Blue. Both are extremely well made firearms. I had the Blue, but I prefer the trigger on the Orange. Both are very natural to shoot which makes them very accurate. I have attached a photo of my Orange for those who don't believe unless a photo is offered The other is the first range trip with the brand new Orange. The bottom left target is 50 rounds of 45 ACP from my Wilson 1911 and the remaining targets are five shot groups each target with the brand new Orange. I will adjust the point of impact (if needed) once the pistol is fully broken in. This is what a 73 year old guy can do with a nice CZ.
    Imagine what a younger and fitter fellow could do.
    I am a 1911 guy by heart, but damn I sure love these CZ Shadow pistols. Buy one, I bet you won't regret it. I sure haven't. In fact I now own the Orange, and the Urban Grey Shadow 2. Sold my Blue recently. regret it now. Here is a photo of my collection at it's peak. A few have moved on to other homes.

Very nice family shot there.

I’m contemplating getting the orange but I’m unsure if I want to put my money there or fill a bigger hole in my collection.

I may send the 75BD to CGW for some work instead.

claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    I absolutely love CZs, have quite a few.

However, the most disappointing gun I've ever had is my suppressor-ready P-01 in urban grey. I waited over a year for it to come back in stock, and paid well above MSRP once it finally did pop up somewhere.

First range trip with it, and after every few rounds the decocker would start walking out of the frame and deactivate the trigger.

I sent it back to CZ under warranty. They claimed it was fixed. Took it back to the range... and same issue.

That was three years ago. It has been in its box in the back of the safe ever since, and I'm still upset about having spent that much money on something I wanted so bad only to have it turn out to be a hunk of junk.

Love all my other CZs though. I have a non-omega P-01 that is a beat to hell surplus gun that is what I typically carry and it has been rock solid.

I would try contacting CZ again to make this right. I sent the same gun back for a dead front night sight. After a month they could not get a new front night sight, so they replaced the entire gun.

moktor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2019
    Conroe, TX
    I would try contacting CZ again to make this right. I sent the same gun back for a dead front night sight. After a month they could not get a new front night sight, so they replaced the entire gun.
    Funnily enough, my post in January prompted me to go and dig it out and submit another warranty claim and send it back to CZ, since the 5 year warranty expires this year.

The last update was 6 weeks ago, they're waiting for parts from the factory still.

I'm ok with waiting, just hope this resolves it.

claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    Funnily enough, my post in January prompted me to go and dig it out and submit another warranty claim and send it back to CZ, since the 5 year warranty expires this year.

The last update was 6 weeks ago, they're waiting for parts from the factory still.

I'm ok with waiting, just hope this resolves it.
    Good stuff! Hope they take care of it. Sounds like they are working on it and sounds familiar to my situation when they finally just gave me a new gun. Parts not being available ever is kind of getting me thinking of moving away from CZ as my primary platform actually.

Top Bottom