Do you guys like Kel-Tec? My wife wants a PCC and I was contemplating their folding 9mm, but I’ll go with a better option if one is recommended.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I think you're right about that. But the only Kel-Tec I have ever owned, a P3AT, is one I still own because I deem my only option is to either use it as a paperweight or destroy it. I'd never sell a known lemon. Thing went back to Kel-Tec two different times--both at my FedEx shipping expense--and twice it was returned as "fixed." It wasn't, either time. Never got more than about two dozen rounds in total through that thing because of firing pin issues. Gun was simply too inexpensive to start with to justify me spending any more money--in shipping or 3rd-party gunsmithing--to try to get it so that it would actually do its one job and send projectiles out the muzzle.

So, yeah. Once burned and all...and it was almost 20 years ago. I'm certainly an idiot, just ask any of my friends, but that experience left me with no hankering to take a chance at buying Kel-Tec again. Kel-Tec products may be absolutely stellar now, but there are always other options. I don't go back to the restaurant where I got food poisoning.
    If you want to sell it, holler at me. I have one that has been flawless and having a spare parts gun may not be a bad idea.

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    That wouldn't be a subcompact.
    0305230837-scaled.jpg

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    If you want a suppressed .45, get a stribog
    I have been considering the 45A3. Mixed reviews on whether they fixed their teething issues and magazine compatibility.

I also like "weird" so the Vector fits.

eta: One thing I don't like about the vector it's threaded 16x1 LH and the stock attachment seems kinda janky with metal screwing into plastic.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom