• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    If you drug it behind a boat, would it recharge enough for a trolling motor? Lol

I'd try it river fishing. Stick in a fast part and run a couple lights. If it'd work.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    So wait, he's making 600 watts of "free" power, but using a decently high volume 45 psi water supply to generate it. Where do you get THAT for free?

I admit I haven't done the math, but I'm thinking shenanigans - I don't see that water supply as having enough energy to push a turbine to generate 600W.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    If you drug it behind a boat, would it recharge enough for a trolling motor?
    No. Come on man...

So wait, he's making 600 watts of "free" power, but using a decently high volume 45 psi water supply to generate it. Where do you get THAT for free?

I admit I haven't done the math, but I'm thinking shenanigans - I don't see that water supply as having enough energy to push a turbine to generate 600W.
    He did pay for the access to the stream in the price of his property, but it's free in that he doesn't have to pay for it now. He's using water to get work from gravity. I haven't done the calculations either, but what matters is the elevation drop from the water source to his turbine.

Top Bottom