• ...and so much more!
  • Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    Yesterday I took my Tacoma to Christian Brothers-Aubrey for an oil change. This morning, I saw the technician had struck an object on the right rear of the truck and tire. As I had left the shop before discovering the damage I can't expect that they will take responsibility now. The dishonesty of that technician will prevent any further service being done at this shop again with any of the vehicles I own, even though the damage was minor.

IMG_0751.jpg

Otto_Mation

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2020
    Montgomery, TX
    That sucks. I agree with what @seeker_two said. Worst case those fender flares can be removed and painted as a bench job or replaced with a used one of the same color.

ETA: There is also a lot of aftermarket ones out there that may be cheaper than professionally repainting.

Last edited:

DaBull

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 19, 2021
    San Antonio, TX
    I too would ask them to check their cameras and make it right. While the most expensive option is a factory part professionally repainted, you could also agree on a cash amount to compensate you for the damage or future repair to your satisfaction. You might get even more cash value if you ask for payment as a credit towards future parts and service from them, but this assumes they have been good to you up until that point.

Dermako

Semi-Retired of that
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 16, 2019
    DFW
    Ya know, finding anybody to work on your vehicle (or anything for that matter) that will do an honest and quality job is damn near impossible anymore.
    Even my local Toyota dealer has lost my faith. Used go there religiously. Oil change, tire rotation and drip dry car wash and the oil change was cheaper than the 10 minute quickie places. About two years ago had the Tundra done and immediately noticed a rattling sound. Get home pull it into shop, jack it up and to my complete and utter amazement I find 1 bolt holding the skid plate up.
    I do my own now. Not because I want to. But because it will be done right. I miss the drip dry car wash tough.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    I too would ask them to check their cameras and make it right. While the most expensive option is a factory part professionally repainted, you could also agree on a cash amount to compensate you for the damage or future repair to your satisfaction. You might get even more cash value if you ask for payment as a credit towards future parts and service from them, but this assumes they have been good to you up until that point.
    I had used their shop over a dozen times for brakes, transmission service and other routine maintenance on the three vehicles I own, in the last 1-1/2 years. Touchup paint repaired the damage the technician did, however it won't replace my trust in their honesty.

DaBull

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 19, 2021
    San Antonio, TX
    I had used their shop over a dozen times for brakes, transmission service and other routine maintenance on the three vehicles I own, in the last 1-1/2 years. Touchup paint repaired the damage the technician did, however it won't replace my trust in their honesty.
    I hear you. Finding skilled and honest labor at a reasonable price is more challenging than ever. I take my car to Discount Tire for periodic balancing and rotation, but always remove my wheel covers before I do. This after I discovered they used them as parts bins and would slide them along the floor scratching them all up.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    Rubbed against cement wall/bullard or lift post. Probably could find your paint on it still.

Christian bros are independently owned and I've found them to motivated by profit- more than most. One by me is unethical.
    I started using Christian Brothers in 2011 when Sunoco required their vehicles to use a ARI shop.
    They serviced my company vehicle and personal vehicles for years without any issues until yesterday, but they won't see me in their shop again.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    My son had an old Crown Vic he bought during his last years in college. Former fire chief car, with the spotlights still on the sides. It had lots of problems, as those cars do. I took it to a local Christian Bro's and the guy who worked on it did a good job and pointed out some stuff I could fix without professional help, like the bearings being shot on the belt tensioner. It was a good experience, so when it developed a new problem, I took it back there. The old guy from before was gone. After they kept the car all day, I went by to pick it up. They didn't fix the problem, and the reason they didn't fix it was because they wanted to give me the "opportunity" to fix a ton of other things. For example, there was a very small drip from the transmission. All of those old V8's had that, and I wasn't about to spent a bunch of money for a drip that lost a pint a year. They came up with something like $5,000 of things that could be repaired - all minor stuff except the one thing I brought it in for. I've since heard the same story from others. Unethical as hell. I worked in a gas station while I was in college and I remember those shops that made tons of money by convincing people that if they didn't replace all their shock absorbers the car would crash. I had someone else do the repair that I brought it in for and they'll never see another nickel from me.

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    I had this done once and when I asked to see their cameras two people went into the office for around 10 minutes then came out and invited me in.
    I already knew the outcome.
    They edited the video to show nothing happened, you could clearly see the slight pause and new position of my car.
    This wasn't at Christian Bros but another place of the same type of services.
    Clearly shows how many times this type of damage gets done.

PS remove that fender and take it to a small paint shop. It's black an easy match $100

KTXdm9

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 9, 2024
    Katy, TX
    That really sucks. I would have at least asked them to reimburse me or repair the damage. The worst they could say is no.

I found a local place to me years back that's fantastic. They do good work, are reasonably priced and honest.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Ya know, finding anybody to work on your vehicle (or anything for that matter) that will do an honest and quality job is damn near impossible anymore.
    Even my local Toyota dealer has lost my faith. Used go there religiously. Oil change, tire rotation and drip dry car wash and the oil change was cheaper than the 10 minute quickie places. About two years ago had the Tundra done and immediately noticed a rattling sound. Get home pull it into shop, jack it up and to my complete and utter amazement I find 1 bolt holding the skid plate up.
    I do my own now. Not because I want to. But because it will be done right. I miss the drip dry car wash tough.

<>

Our local Toyota Dealer’s Shop became internationally infamous when a customer video’d both the Porter and the SHOP FOREMAN stealing from his Tacoma.

It went viral, even to major networks’ evening news programs, nationwide.

<>

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I made a barter on my old Nissan to get the A/C fixed and he added in rear brakes on the wife’s Corolla. I actually bought his house that I currently live in. I did John the mechanic a solid and figure the same from him in the future.

Then again with a brand new truck I better not need anything for some time.

Top Bottom