• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I thinking a soft case for my G3K would beat the pelican 1750 travel vault that I have been using. For them times when I aint keeping it in the bed of the truck. Who uses what?
    Capitol Armory ad

ducksps

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Austin, Houston
    I use this for my MP5 and my Robertson Armament SBR. Works like a charm, plenty of space, has mollie attachments inside, and never attracts attention too and from the car. Originally designed for fast access to an MP5. Quick pull and rip takes the firearm from back carry too in the front and in my arms. Looks and carries like a small day bag but hides a fun toy.

Select Carry Sling Pack [58603] - $109.99 : Talon Arms, Your on-line Tactical Tool Box

ducksps

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Austin, Houston
    Another good option is a guitar case. How long is your G3k with the stock folded? My Robertson Armament SBR with a 12.5 inch barrel fits perfectly in the 5.11 case. My goal was to have a case that did not say "gun".

ducksps

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Austin, Houston
    Yep that would never fit. When I saw G3k the K stuck out and I envisioned our post sample gun with the short barrel and folding stock. 5.11 makes some nice standard cases for single or double rifle in 36 inch. I loved my inexpensive cases from China till my zippers started going south. Now I stick to major brands like 5.11 and Eagle. If you want something that does not look like a gun case make a trip to the music shop and check out the soft sided guitar cases.

Side question; I just purchased an HK sear and wondering how happy you have been with your MP5-pdw? That is the one host I have yet to purchase. Which trigger group is your sear installed? Mine is coming in a SEF pack by S&H.

ducksps

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Austin, Houston
    More than a hands on I want to ask some questions. I've shot the pdw on a number of occasions but never spent an extended amount of time with one. I want to learn about its taste over thousands of rounds. Never has one failed in my hands but I'm curious to learn about your history with one in a sear configuration.

I will ping you off list since we have ventured away from a bag discussion.

Chris

Outbreak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2010
    Abilene, TX
    A friend of mine was talking about something like this for his SBR AR when the stamp comes back. We came up with a Pelican Laptop case, and he'd break the SBR into upper and lower so it would fit. And it would look like he was carrying a laptop.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Meat%27s_Not_Green_tote.jpg

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    I want to find some guitar sticlers or muscial instrument manufacteerer's embroidered patches to stick or sew on a discreet case.

anyone know where you can get those?

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Ishot S.E.R.T. made in the U.S.A.

Looks like a keyboard case eh!

Outer pocket has plenty of room for the MP5K with the can attached.

img1530n.jpg

Main case with the G3K sliding stock & .22 conversion kit.
    I had one of these case for that Ar-15 pistol. kind of wish I didn't let it go when I sold it. I ordered some more straps to cinch down more stuff. I need some mag pouches next.

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    It woudl be really cool to find some guitar or instrument manufactuer logo patches to stick on the weapons cases.

I normally carry long arms and MGs into and out of my office building in a golf bag.

anyone looks, just tell them I am heading to the range.

Never a problem in the hallways or elevators.

Freakin' sheep.

Top Bottom