• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Anybody seen this show. Part of it is filmed in S. Texas and these guys catch ONE hog at a time. WTF?
    Farmers who have 100 hogs tearing the place up and they want to get paid to catch ONE?

How bout you go out there with an AK and take out 5-10 a night, every night, and we can see if you are making any progress with the farmer's problem.

This show is dumb.
    Guns International

Carolinaboy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    South Carolina
    Yeah I thought that was a little bit ridiculous to get one at a time. I was thinking they should go take out like you said 5-10 a time. Take a few buddies out there and whack and stack em'

blackwater

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    odessa
    I am totally with both of you guys on this, I watched that show the other day and after I found out they only got one every night kind of pissed me off. If the farmer is out there paying you take care of thier hog problem get a group of buddies 4-5 guns as Carolinaboy suggested and you could take care of thier problem within a month if it took you that long. I wouldnt mind going down there for the right price and getting in on the action. Who's with me?!?!?!?

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    I can't imagine a rancher in Texas not being out there with some friends and their AKs. I do understand not shooting them in a suburban neighborhood. I did like watching the dogs work and I thought the guys in Hawaii are crazy; no weapons, no dogs just some rope.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    I didnt see them in any suburban areas. I did keep hearing them say, "if we intrude on their space they will go elsewhere". We dont want them somewhere else...we want them exterminated!

I compare this to the guy that calls ORKIN and they come out and kill one roach and tell him "Whew! Thats a start, see ya next month."

Sid

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 14, 2010
    Austin
    Saw this last night too. Their attempts to make things overly dramatic began to grate on me by the end of the show.

At first, I was wondering why they were trying to capture them alive. Finally, about half-way into the show, the two guys with only ropes and a plywood board mentioned how this hog will feed a lot of the local community there. So, catching 'em alive is just to keep 'em as fresh as possible before the slaughter.

Then the narrator personifying how "This will make all other hogs think twice before stepping hooves back on this ranch..." just killed me.

All these idiots are doing is just making the other pigs that got away smarter and harder to catch. =\

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    I didnt see them in any suburban areas. I did keep hearing them say, "if we intrude on their space they will go elsewhere". We dont want them somewhere else...we want them exterminated!

I compare this to the guy that calls ORKIN and they come out and kill one roach and tell him "Whew! Thats a start, see ya next month."

In the episode I saw they were in a gated community in or near Tampa and the trappers could be seen going through peoples yards. I didn't see the entire episode but the guys in Tampa used dogs and the two I saw them get they said they were unable to rope so they dispatched them with knives. They did mention something about feeding the poor. Killing or capturing one or two a night in any area won't help much with the overall problem.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    Several years ago, I use to kill hogs all around here. The farmers would pretty much beg me to shoot all I want. 15 or 20 a weekend wasnt a big deal at all. The little one, I kept. The big one's, just drag em to the edge of the field for the other varmit's to eat.
    Now day's, they want me to pay them to kill their problems!
    I aint payin them jack! Let the hogs tear all their stuff up, I dont care!
    BTW, a friend of mine has a place in Jacksboro. Come worm weather, were killing tons of hogs!

billto48

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2011
    tyler,tx
    Discovery channel Hogs gone wild

In 3 months we have killed 54 hogs and have processed all that was good to eat. We are trapping and also shooting them all on 1 ranch. I don't think we are lowering the numbers yet. We killed 15 in 1 day. Good eating if handled and prepared correct.

The Lox

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Farmers Branch
    In 3 months we have killed 54 hogs and have processed all that was good to eat. We are trapping and also shooting them all on 1 ranch. I don't think we are lowering the numbers yet. We killed 15 in 1 day. Good eating if handled and prepared correct.

Entertain the idea of a guided hunt or something similar? I'd like to get out this spring with my hunting buddy from Missouri, bring him down for a weekend or something..

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    I've got a few friends with property to shoot/hunt on. I've thought about getting a few TGT'rs together to go out for a hog hunt or coyote hunt. Deer season is usually pretty booked up w/ friends and family out hunting. One place is in Granger, the other is in Pearsall. If I get enough interest, I'll see if they are cool w/a guided hunt out on their property. I will probably be out in Granger next weekend for a coyote hunt but there's only 1 tripod out there. The place in Pearsall is well equipped w/blinds(3 covered, 3 tripods) so it supports a larger group. Ya'll can PM me a let me know what you would like to pay for a guided hog hunt and what kind of accomodations you would expect. In Granger, there is a good sized pond which makes for some decent bird hunts too. This year I am gonna try and convince the owners into planting some maize in some empty fields near the tank. Down south, hogs come out in groups of more than 30 just about every night. There is great hog hunting there and some good places to camp out. Don't want to get everyones hopes up just yet but I'm gonna work on it. Hopefully I can put together some good budget hunts that make it worth the trip.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    I've got a few friends with property to shoot/hunt on. I've thought about getting a few TGT'rs together to go out for a hog hunt or coyote hunt. Deer season is usually pretty booked up w/ friends and family out hunting. One place is in Granger, the other is in Pearsall. If I get enough interest, I'll see if they are cool w/a guided hunt out on their property. I will probably be out in Granger next weekend for a coyote hunt but there's only 1 tripod out there. The place in Pearsall is well equipped w/blinds(3 covered, 3 tripods) so it supports a larger group. Ya'll can PM me a let me know what you would like to pay for a guided hog hunt and what kind of accomodations you would expect. In Granger, there is a good sized pond which makes for some decent bird hunts too. This year I am gonna try and convince the owners into planting some maize in some empty fields near the tank. Down south, hogs come out in groups of more than 30 just about every night. There is great hog hunting there and some good places to camp out. Don't want to get everyones hopes up just yet but I'm gonna work on it. Hopefully I can put together some good budget hunts that make it worth the trip.

Man, you would really make someones day by doing that.

Top Bottom