• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cool 'Horn Luke

Come on. Love me, hate me, kill me, anything.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2022
    Corsicana, TX
    I do not have a link that I can share sorry but I am not lying to you

This is the most realistic take imo and where I end up in all this mess ^^. Being a registered R is probably enough to have you on some sort of dissident list
    Don't forget the "White Supremacist" and the "Domestic Terrorist" lists.

TxPython357

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2022
    Spuger, TX
    Then again, them knowing just how many guns they'll face might not be so bad.....
    They know, that's why they don't go door to door or attack 2A directly. Nope, they will nibble around the edges, slow, incrementally, and deliberate. Like our taxes, rights, freedoms, and privacy. A little at the time. That way they don't spook the sheep.

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    The merchants also have to alter their Configuration or Software to send that Merchant code. Most of them are probably sending a sporting goods merchant code. I doubt any of them will be in a rush to change it.

Reactions: MTA

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    The merchants also have to alter their Configuration or Software to send that Merchant code. Most of them are probably sending a sporting goods merchant code. I doubt any of them will be in a rush to change it.
    Most will more than likely stick with the misc codes that are available

OneGunTX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2021
    Houston
    Every time I buy a gun, I have to fill out the 4473 form. So, the government knows I bought a gun. However, I don't fill out any forms when I purchase range ammo, at least in Texas. My real concern with the credit card companies collecting data is the anti-2A compiling a hit list and publishing it on the internet. Do you know your neighbor has a gun?? Of course, in Texas, most of us do. But, think about Ill-Annoy, or NY where people are triggered by just knowing you have a gun.

For example, just this past month. I have a client from NYC. We traveled together to Europe for work. During our long flight, he asked if I own a gun. I said no, I own guns. Then he asked if I carry and I said yes. Then he asked if I carried a loaded gun. I said it does me no use without bullets. It freaked him out like I just slapped his wife. It's this mentality that I fear the most.

Catherine1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    USA
    I never had a Discover card.

I think (?) that almost ALL cards are doing this now when it comes to anything GUN related but I could be WRONG.

There have been MANY online lists with card companies, banks, credit unions, and many other businesses that have gone WOKE and/or anti gun in their own way too. Plus with other .gov intrusions with more regulations!

I or we don't use cards now.

That includes ANY TYPE of a cash/gift card (Visa or whoever.) bought at a GOOD bank of mine (It came out of a bank SAFE not hanging on a rack at a grocery store!) that got hacked all over this nation and even in DUBAI that I mentioned in another thread. I use 2 banks and a credit union now. I may use - ADD ON a 4th bank soon too. LOCAL places.

I used that gift/cash card over the telephone speaking to a real human being to LL BEAN, MIDWAY and to BUCK KNIVES out of IDAHO - their official stores, actual telephone numbers and so forth.

I do NOT DO any financial work, banking or ordering over a computer - online at home. So one or more of those THREE places above or their CARD processors or someone at META BANK hacked it. It was used at 3 places ONLY and it never left our house with ONLY my husband and I living here. I even had a card protector thing-sleeve protecting the card while sitting in a locked/secure device here at home. I did the 2 orders for HIM. I did the 3rd order for myself - BUCK KNIVES in Idaho.

ALL of the products came here in GOOD CONDTION and they were fine. They were shipped to our post office box. NOT on our front porch.

BRASS - 45-70 for him on sale.

Clothing for him on sale.

Knives for me.

This was several years ago too.

I did get that money back finally. It was a couple of hundred dollars that was hacked/stolen out of a $1,000. original balance.
    My bank and I were on it. I was on it BIG time. The MB man in Florida barely spoke English. We had letters back and forth for my CLAIM against the theft too. It was META BANK'S responsibility to get the money back to me since it was not a usual type of debit or cash or check card that a regular bank or credit union can issue with your account IF you CHOOSE to want one. Or Not!

META BANK was the official name of that bank that sold that VISA cash/gift card to my own bank and they issue them to MANY BANKS, some credit unions and to MANY stores all across this nation and world.

META BANK WHO ISSUES many gift/cash cards is SLOW in their refunds even though it was THEIR ERROR, etc. They did FIX IT and I had all documents, dates, etc. My own bank and the one head bank lady were shocked at where it was used all over the nation and in DUBAI! I let the bank manager know what was up too.

META BANK is NOT the name of my bank but the Visa cash/gift card company bank that MAKES THEM and SELLS THEM to banks, stores, etc. ADDED MORE HERE.

I USED to use 1 card on a regular basis for all items including all of my firearms way back when. I got huge rebates on it. I used it for everything shy of paying RE taxes, ES taxes to the Feds and state, insurance payments, etc. It was from a gas company and that company changed 'bank names' a couple of times before my late husband died of cancer. My late husband had that GAS card after he got out of HS, in college, while in the military and until he died @ barely 56 years old. Same gas company - same name but different 'banks'. He asked me if I wanted to be on it and I agreed to this AFTER we got married.

I was using up the gas rebates (FREE fuel.) after my late husband died too. I had a LOT of them too.

I USED 1 other card with him mainly for TRAVEL. I got some bennies from them too.

I closed both of them - only 2 cards after he died.

So I saved up for my guns and any other thing, I charged it, and paid off the bill in FULL early or on time. NO fees, NO interest, etc. ever paid. Big rebates and I was happy with them too.

For a time frame, I used a debit card (Rarely!) with one of my old and former banks from back east. I closed that bank account after several years of living here.

I closed up a second debit card that I had out here and RARELY used too.

The way things are HACKED in this day and age make me wary even though you DO have 'protection' with a regular charge/credit card AND with a debit/cash/check card with your financial institution.

The old gas card with rebates - NO issues whatever.

The second card with a couple of bennies - NO issues whatever.

My late husband and I NEVER paid one cent of interest on any card.

Now, if I did have a bank debit or company charge/credit card which my MT husband and I do NOT have... and they went the way of Discover and like the REST of them are doing... we would drop them.

My MT husband and I do use Costco. Costco does not allow concealed or open carry of handguns INSIDE of their stores.

We did discuss this many times and we still use Costco. He uses their gas pumps too. He does get a Costco cash card ($100. total.) on and off for fuel - for that cash card.

We still get 'some food' at Costco (NOT much any longer.) and since WINCO grocery store opened up here, we use them the most and some other LOCAL stores which do allow handguns.

WINCO is employee owned, good food, good products, a CLEAN store with nice people in it too.

He does almost ALL of the food shopping too. I like it that way, he likes it that way and he is much faster than I am when he shops. He goes when the stores are almost empty too.

Many of our SMALLER and even some family owned local stores CLOSED UP especially with the plandemic BS SHUT DOWNS. A couple of LOCAL PLACES even some .gov places still have NOT OPENED their doors to the public.

They have a drop box for one place - water/sewer. You can NOT ENTER the water/sewer building any longer to pay a bill and get a receipt at the counter! NO kidding!

The other one (One big name - national trash company.) has NO drop box and people are still WORKING from home - most of them. When my 'credit' (I paid extra on my check and AHEAD OF TIME.) on my trash bill runs out - I am going to a LOCAL Montana company that recently and FINALLY GOT A CONTRACT and permission (!) to open up in this side of MT. It was started and run by a Veteran on the other side of the continental divide here in MT.

ALL of us can pick and choose who we do business with. Cards or NO cards. Any company!

My husband wants to continue to use the gas pumps at Costco. So that is HIS decision to make even though both of us discussed this issue.

I heard about more and more banks and not only SOME credit unions that are going WOKE big time. I left one credit union out here in MT when some 'winner' (NOT!) bought it out and when I heard him talk and read what he said... I gave him some time to determine how things would change. Then the rules changed even for people who had VERY good balances in their accounts with NO issues since they were always good and honest customers with their checking/savings accounts. I eventually closed up that account especially since they changed their hours and OFFERED LESS customer service for IN THE BANK customers. People who do NOT use ATM machines and still use human beings aka tellers. Plus they were pushing more ONLINE bs banking. Some people LOVE THAT and to each their own. We do not like it and do not CHOOSE to use it.

I figure to each their own. Plus in this day and age... so many places are changing and it is getting more and more difficult to FIND small town or a larger town for goods, services, etc. since so many of them are GOING WOKE.

I do not use Amazon and many places like that. Some people can't believe that but it is true. We use a check when needed or cash. We TRY TO BUY locally and support our businesses that we like or LOVE and use the most.

I figure to each their own.

We do support LOCAL FFL men especially 1 or 2 of them over the years. Many of our local IN town and one hour away - one way FFL men closed up their stores too. Old age, retirement, death, moving away, hard to make it for some of them and no young person willing to take it over, etc.

We used/use CASH for them or used a full in store credit for items that we bought from our FFL men too. If it was for another gun or guns - the ATF 4473 forms had to be filled out according to the law too.

The way things are going in this nation, I expect many more states including so called RED or purple states to go to FOID types of cards even to buy ammunition and reloading supplies when they were never USED BEFORE.

Even when it comes to LOCAL purchases. That is what I see the control freaks doing.

GUN control = PEOPLE control.

Old Lady Cate

Last edited:

Catherine1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    USA
    I suspect USAA has no control over the policy. It's the mother ships of VISA or Master Card that will decide whether to implement the policy or not.
    ^^^

THIS is how I understand it. NEW .gov regulations and bs rules.

~~~

Side note and this is NOT directed to you now.

All people have to DO is go to their bank or credit union, write a check off of their checking account or withdraw money from their savings account, get the CASH and then go shopping with their CASH.

Some people want to write a check instead of using CASH for some goods and if that works for them - cool.

They don't need a charge or debit card.

Buying a gun from an FFL dealer - you will be filling out your ATF FORM 4473 anyway.

Ammunition and reloading supplies do NOT need any special form in almost all states (For now - NON FOID states.) and they can pay CASH there too. In FOID states - you are ON RECORD for your purchases NO matter how you pay for your ammo.

Any item including RED RYDER bbs or eye/ear protection, etc. if bought in some GUN STORES will still be on some LIST since it shows the type of store even if the INDIVIDUAL ITEMS are listed apart and NOT ammo or a gun.

The list - code and TYPE OF STORE will be ON charge and debit cards from what I read in the past on financial websites.

Even if you buy RF ammo, CF ammo and/or some shotgun ammo from Walmart it will have a CODE from a list and show it on a charge/debit receipt.

We have bought RF ammo from Walmart and it has a code from a LIST and the description of the purchase/puchases on the CASH SALES RECEIPT. It has NO name on the CASH SALE.

Old Lady Cate

Catherine1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    USA
    Just looking at my bank statement, it pretty much already names every place my card is used. As far as I can remember, it's always been that way, so I'm not sure what difference it makes now.
    When I used a debit/check card in the past, it ALWAYS showed on a bank or credit union statement too. I do not use a CARD now but it still works this way. It used to say POS - point of sale and the name of the place, date of purchase and the amount.

When I used a regular charge card (NOT debit.) in the past as mentioned a few posts up - it ALWAYS showed on my charge card's statement too. I do not use a CARD now but it still works this way.

The banks in the past (Another state.) used to mail my 'cashed' and cleared checks back to me.

Now, almost all of them PHOTO COPY my cleared/cashed checks and they show on my statements.

(Photo copies and your other statement STUFF can show ONLINE if you choose to do online banking which was in an information and updated NOTICE that came with my PAPER statements. I don't do online banking, etc. Never did! To each their own.)

They show the date, the check number and the amount of the check.

Some of them show the NAME of the place including things like estimated taxes paid to the Fed - U.S. Treasury too.

Old Lady Cate

Catherine1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    USA
    Just looking at my bank statement, it pretty much already names every place my card is used. As far as I can remember, it's always been that way, so I'm not sure what difference it makes now.
    Now the CODED gun/ammo information IS going to the .gov folks more because of the new rules and regulations.

So even if you buy ammo and reloading stock and NO GUN - it is CODED and sent to a big data base for information gathering is HOW I read it in the past when all of these NEW rules and regulations came out. OFF of financial websites many months ago to one year (?).

Especially when it comes to GUN STUFF and more codes.

That BS was inside one of their new bunch of .gov salami that they pushed not too long ago.

And as the one man said HERE who works with debit cards and banking, if the financial institutions don't FOLLOW the new .gov rules and regulations - they will be in deep dung!

Cate

Catherine1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    USA
    I have never assumed that any retail purchase was totally private. For decades we have been near totally trackable by banks who have "know your customer laws" to follow. The solution is to create tons and tons of information. Buy everything possible in places coded Gun Store! And then use that to our advantage. There is a point where the monetary value talks and we law abiding gun owners should be a large enough segment of the population that we are worth keeping amused. There are upwards of 300,000,000 firearms in the country by low estimates. Add to that ammunition for each, accessories, range time, varying hunting & other licenses and pretty quick you are talking real money. Also, in many states the actual purchase also becomes stale before all that long as resale, moves, family matters, and the like makes the initial point of sale record moot.
    When that KNOW YOUR CUSTOMER LAW first became a LAW and into power - I called the District of Criminals and asked some questions about law abiding customers and criminals. This was years ago!

I got the lady stuttering. Grin.

The BANKS and credit unions always had their rules and ID qualifications for regular customers.

Then it went to cash limits and amounts. Bla and bla.

I sold a boat of my late husband's many years ago when he was still alive. The amount came to just under $9,000. cash at the time. I had NO issues with the bank. The buyer, who I did know, wanted to pay with cash and not a bank check. NO problem.

Now, I want to know how Biden, Trump, R/L presidents/politicians are covering their own MONEY trails and ties along with their GRIFTER CHILDREN, brothers, etc.

Follow the money for them and the BIG MAN'S CUT - no they can't really do that or REFUSE TO DO IT but they sure can for some working or retired Jane or Joe, eh?!

Old Lady Cate

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    UPDATE -

They're backing off.

Visa Inc., MasterCard Inc., and Discover Inc., have paused their work on a plan to track when cardholders make purchases at gun stores.

The payment processing companies said Thursday they have suspended their work on the International Organization for Standardization's new merchant category code (MCC) for firearms and ammunition stores. The move was first reported by Bloomberg.

""Today, there are bills advancing in several states related to the use of this new code. If passed, the result will be an inconsistency in how this ISO standard could be applied by merchants, issuers, acquirers and networks," said Seth Eisen, senior vice president of communications for Mastercard. "It’s for that reason that we have decided to pause work on the implementation of the firearms-specific MCC."

wakosama

Collapse now - Avoid the rush
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2022
    Spring
    the 'new' MCC... you forgot about the 'old' tracking system in place to monitor purchases to track trends in buying and selling to tailor market to the consumer practices. 'they' always knew what and when you bought 'EVERYTHING' because it was just 'good business' to monitor it. that gun you bought at Academy 3 years ago is in the database somewhere and was used to justify whatever manufacturing quotas were used to produce the next product runs designed to maximize profits based on purchasing trends.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    the 'new' MCC... you forgot about the 'old' tracking system in place to monitor purchases to track trends in buying and selling to tailor market to the consumer practices. 'they' always knew what and when you bought 'EVERYTHING' because it was just 'good business' to monitor it. that gun you bought at Academy 3 years ago is in the database somewhere and was used to justify whatever manufacturing quotas were used to produce the next product runs designed to maximize profits based on purchasing trends.
    I'M SURE MARKETING AND SELLING TRENDS GIVE COMPANIES WHAT PRODUCTS SELL AND WHICH DON'T AND JUST SIT ON THE SHELVES

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Wanted to bump this. In April 2024, visa will support MCC (merchant category code) 5723 Guns and Ammunition Stores but only for “merchant locations that are covered under california law and which are located in the US and, in the state of California”

Last edited:
    Top Bottom