• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Dadgum it. DTV raised the bill $7.10. They make it difficult to find out what the increase was for without calling them.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    We quit DirecTV years ago after they kept screwing us with higher and higher bills. It was getting stupid the amount they were charging us. So we went to Grande since they had a newer service that was fast and cheap. Now Grande has turned into the same screw you game and is over charging us. We have had to call and call and call to bitch about service and get the rates lowered to then again start all over. We are going to cut the cable soon and go to an antennae and Roku Hulu Netflix and tell the rest to **** off.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I dunno about DirectTV, but most cable companies will negotiate. I would call and tell them I don't want to pay that rate and ask what they can do to lower it.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    We have had to call and call and call to bitch about service and get the rates lowered to then again start all over.
    I have to do this every year with TW, but at least they do match whatever their current promotion for new subscribers is, at least so far.

ed308

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    DFW
    Just call them and tell you want to go to another carrier. They'll offer you a deal to keep you. I'll be doing the same once my contract is up.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    If you call and push the buttons to disconnect your service, you will be sent to a person who will try and talk you out of it.
    Then you put the hammer down and they will give.

I've had them for 12 years and that's what I do when I feel they are charging too much.
    It also works when I have wanted a simple equipment upgrade and they want to charge me, but they are offing 4 times what I am asking for to a new subscriber.

Top Bottom