• Status
    Not open for further replies.

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    Doubtful, it takes much more than ammunition to be prepared.

They don't need more than bullets, they have the power to take what we have.

His highness at work,

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/FR-2012-03-22/pdf/2012-7019.pdf

Cliffs notes:
    One of the most frightening Obama edicts to come down the pike is Executive Order 13603 on “National Defense Resources Preparedness,” issued a little over a year ago, on March 16, 2012. This executive order is frightening because of its sweeping scope, explicitly declaring that the president and his designated Cabinet and agency heads have authority to commandeer and control:
    all water,
    all human and animal food,
    all transportation,
    all energy,
    all construction materials,
    all “health resources,”
    all farm equipment,
    all fertilizers,
    all fuels,
    … and much more.

Last edited:

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I see the same problem for them. How many will walk off the job when they start getting orders to fire on civilians.

The gov can't run any operations like that without collateral damage. Hell, we've blown up schools in Afghanistan.

When I say neither side would e ready I meant it more in terms of just how ugly things would get.

This is a rabbit whole which has had many threads devoted to it so I'm gonna try not to hijack this one any further. Just take a little time and look at how past conflict have played out in situations where the citizens of a nation were well armed and determined and hard to distinguish from non combatants (Afghanistan, Iraq, Vietnam). Americans have a natural fighting spirit and resistance to authority.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    They don't need more than bullets, they have the power to take what we have.

His highness at work,

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/FR-2012-03-22/pdf/2012-7019.pdf

Cliffs notes:
    One of the most frightening Obama edicts to come down the pike is Executive Order 13603 on “National Defense Resources Preparedness,” issued a little over a year ago, on March 16, 2012. This executive order is frightening because of its sweeping scope, explicitly declaring that the president and his designated Cabinet and agency heads have authority to commandeer and control:
    all water,
    all human and animal food,
    all transportation,
    all energy,
    all construction materials,
    all “health resources,”
    all farm equipment,
    all fertilizers,
    all fuels,
    … and much more.

They would have a hard time commandeering all of that in the face off mass resistance. It only works if the people are willing to hand it over.

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    I see the same problem for them. How many will walk off the job when they start getting orders to fire on civilians.

When I say neither side would e ready I meant it more in terms of just how ugly things would get.

I don't know about the first part, but that's why I believe "they" will attempt whatever they do using law enforcement (DHS) rather than troops.

As to the second part, I know what you mean. It would be a bloody nasty mess, just look at what the Civil War looked like.

They would have a hard time commandeering all of that in the face off mass resistance. It only works if the people are willing to hand it over.

Oh I know, but look at what happened in Boston.

and for the record, his highness only reauthorized a power that's been around for decades.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Seems there are way to many variables to consider and I pray it never come down to a real "us VS them" fight. I wouldn't want my family to be out through that kind of ordeal and many such as my dad would wind up being casualties because I don't think he would be able to get certain medications that he needs.

As far as DHS, they better start hiring more people, lol. The numbers just aren't there.

In the meantime I will continue to enjoy shooting and prepare as best I can for the next ammo shortage and buy guns I enjoy shooting and making sure my children are raised to know the principles this country was founded on and why some things are worth fighting for.

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    There are over 22 Million Vets in this country (not on active or reserve duty). There are alot more people out here that are trained to fight and have fought than what the DHS can throw at us.

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    Seems there are way to many variables to consider and I pray it never come down to a real "us VS them" fight. I wouldn't want my family to be out through that kind of ordeal and many such as my dad would wind up being casualties because I don't think he would be able to get certain medications that he needs.

I know what you mean.

As far as DHS, they better start hiring more people, lol. The numbers just aren't there.

The revolution was fought and won by a mere 3% so I think you're right here as well.

In the meantime I will continue to enjoy shooting and prepare as best I can for the next ammo shortage and buy guns I enjoy shooting and making sure my children are raised to know the principles this country was founded on and why some things are worth fighting for.

As will I and most of my family and friends. It is about all we can do.

Flat Lander

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    Sundown
    They won't just attack civilians, it'll be something similar to Boston but nation wide. Frogs in a pot don't know they are cooking.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    They won't just attack civilians, it'll be something similar to Boston but nation wide. Frogs in a pot don't know they are cooking.

Just remember in their minds, we are no different than terrorists. We're the first people they point their finger at when this happens... Only later do they figure out it wasn't a right wing extremist...

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    All this while gun control has been boosted up. As far as the personell issue to pull it off-the only way I can see it being pulled off is by bringing in outside troops. Just can't figure out who, how, or why. I really wish we had an inside source.

Sent while trying to concentrate on 6 things at once.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom