Military Camp

DFW Gun range that will let you bump fire your gun ??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    ... no. it is unsafe and full retard.

Please explain what makes a slide fire stock or any other for if bump fire unsafe given an adequate backstop.

The. Outside of your opinion of what constitutes wasting ammo, explain how it would be considered "full retard".

Lighten up.

To the OP, I doubt you will find a range that will allow. If you are using a slidefire stock you may have a chance but from what I understand many ranges won't even let you pull the trigger fast with a traditional grip.

Good luck.

dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    Is there a gun range in the DFW area that will allow you to bump fire your gun??

Thanks to all responders

I don't know of any in DFW area, but in Pasadena, Tx. the Pasadena Gun Range will rent you an full auto Uzi (at least a couple of years ago, they did). So they may let you bump fire your gun.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    I don't know of any in DFW area, but in Pasadena, Tx. the Pasadena Gun Range will rent you an full auto Uzi (at least a couple of years ago, they did). So they may let you bump fire your gun.

Hell there ain't much they will not let you do there from what I remember. Shot my .50 BMG for the first time indoors a few years back.

I may be there in a day or so and will ask them for those of us in the Houston area.

Offcamber

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Fort Worth
    Private lanes at shoot smart maybe. They let you do a lot in those that you cant do in ordinary lanes.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Please explain what makes a slide fire stock or any other for if bump fire unsafe given an adequate backstop.

The. Outside of your opinion of what constitutes wasting ammo, explain how it would be considered "full retard".

Lighten up.

To the OP, I doubt you will find a range that will allow. If you are using a slidefire stock you may have a chance but from what I understand many ranges won't even let you pull the trigger fast with a traditional grip.

Good luck.

The OP did not mention the "SlideFire" stock. Bumpfiring is not allowed at any DFW range as it is majority opinion that the practice is unsafe as the firearm is not being used as designed or intended.

You know as well as everyone else who uses the "Full Retard" saying is just comedy from a movie.

Relax with the whip. :rolleyes:

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    The OP did not mention the "SlideFire" stock. Bumpfiring is not allowed at any DFW range as it is majority opinion that the practice is unsafe as the firearm is not being used as designed or intended.

You know as well as everyone else who uses the "Full Retard" saying is just comedy from a movie.

ding ding ding

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.

Slidefire stocks were made to allow easier bump firing. The fact that it wasn't mentioned in the OP doesn't give any reason to believe it wouldn't be used.

Not the way to answer a new members question concerning doing something that many members do.

Last edited:

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I belong to two gun clubs and dropped my membership to a third club. None of the clubs would allow that type of rapid, marginally controlled fire. One club allowed class 3 FA and 50 caliber as long as the rounds were completely contained to the berm.

Flash

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I find that, the average shooter typically does not have a solid grasp of the fundamentals. This is especially true of the average public range customer. I have seen people have such horrible stance and grip of even a low-recoil rifle like a .223 AR, that they basically let the gun rock them back and kept firing, riding the recoil up until they were shooting the ceiling of the indoor range at 3-10yds. I've actually seen that happen a lot. I have also seen a few people bump fire or inadvertently bump fire a few guns, firing rounds into the ceiling of an indoor range. In a few cases, it was unexpected burst fire from an improperly functioning Glock, and improperly functioning H&K USC/UMP conversion. One time I saw a guy let his girlfriend shoot his newly acquired Ingram M11 clone. She was obviously a completely new shooter, and because she knew nothing about the fundamentals, she basically bump fired the gun, sending about a 5-7rd burst mostly straight into the ceiling baffles at 3yds and closer, sending debris and shrapnel (nothing serious) all over nearby shooters.

I have seen people on outdoor ranges do similar things, unable to "rapid fire" at a 25yd berm and keep all the shots on the berm. Again, poor stance, poor grip, inability to understand the fundamentals.

A person can be a good shooter and entirely capable of safely and effectively bump firing or using a slide fire stock, and heck, with a slide fire stock a good shooter can probably maintain a somewhat decent grouping at closer ranges. A majority of people I come across at public ranges are not what I would call "good shooters".

Considering some of the examples above, and some of the average shooters at most public ranges, is it any wonder that so many ranges are risk averse enough (especially in such a litigious society nowadays) to not allow people to bump fire, use slide fire stocks, or do many other things? I think it makes total sense from a business owner's standpoint.

Doc Roe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    ... inadvertently bump fire a few guns...

And that is why my one AR no longer has an adjustable trigger installed. Mechanical malfunctions do not a safe firearm make. The first and only time it ran away on me, I could swear my heart stopped for a second (thank God only two extra rounds went off before the magazine decided it couldn't keep up with the action cycling, and it's only a .22LR, so recoil was almost a non-issue). Thankfully the guy we bought the rifle from had found the original trigger group and was able to reinstall it later that night.

On-topic, I'm pretty sure your only option is private land for this sort of thing. Every range I've been to has a rate of fire limit of between 2 rounds per second and one round every five seconds. The former seems reasonable (for experienced shooters or those practicing defensive shooting), the latter not so much.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    For those keep saying no ranges allow bump fire, and for the OP; Shoot Smart allows rapid fire, holster work and even bump fire. To do so you must shoot in Bay 2, the private lanes

Doc Roe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    For those keep saying no ranges allow bump fire, and for the OP; Shoot Smart allows rapid fire, holster work and even bump fire. To do so you must shoot in Bay 2, the private lanes

Hmm. Looks like I just found another reason to swing by there when I can. Would be nice if they had that sort of thing on their website (if they do I haven't seen it).

Top Bottom