• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BestCrispAir

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2012
    Dallas
    Bottom line up front - don't let your man use your "free" rental on Ladies' Night @ DFW Gun Range - $40 charge on a "free" rental.

My fiance and I went to the DFW Gun Range last night, where they advertise "Ladies Night" on Tuesdays, free shooting, free rentals from 4PM until 9PM. We have been looking forward to this since we saw the ad at their shop.

We went into the range before 4PM, and by a little after 4, we were in the range, prepping up to shoot. I shot two pistols, the Springfield Rangemaster 1911 (The beavertail bit me and it's not ambidextrous) and the Sig Sauer 1911 (It was awesome) . The Sig was the first one I shot, and it was a delight. I shot 2 rounds with the Rangemaster, but the Beaver tail was a bit too long and was tagging my fleshy space between my finger and my thumb too much.
    My fiance asked me what was wrong because I told him that I did not want to shoot the gun again. (We both double bag, so communication can sometimes be a bit tricky. Plus, I had not quite figured out what it was that I did not like about the Springfield right then.) He told me to go and ask if the ammo was sold by the box or by the bullet. He said that if it was by the box, then we would shoot up the box, and if it was by the bullet, we would turn the box in. I went, they said "By the box." So I went back in, and told him. He asked if I wanted to shoot anymore, and I said no. I had run through a box already with the Sig, so I was done. (New shooter, still getting used to everything.)
    My fiance shot some rounds through one of his guns, a Kel-Tec with a folding stock that is a picky ammo queen. (Guess what she likes best? Cheap Wal-Mart Federal!) He found a round-nosed load that works like a charm, so he was pretty happy about that.
    While I was in the store, I ran into some of my friends from my temple, and we were delighted to run into one another there. I told them about JPFO, which they did not know anything about. I was happy to relay the information.
    My fiance told me that we were being pulled off the range so that others could shoot that were waiting. I was fine with that, it was free, so how could we complain? We had been there almost 90 minutes at that point. We went to check out, where I was expecting to have to pay for ammo. We were charged 74.30. Yes, you read that correctly. My fiance was charged for a gun rental fee because I asked him to shoot two rounds through the first gun, and he finished my box in the other since we had to purchase the box. We have nothing at home to run the ammo through. He was charged 40.00 as a gun rental fee.
    I am irritated beyond comprehension right now because of this, as well as a number of other reasons.
    • During our shooting time, there was a large group of people in the first set of lanes. There were at least 8-10 people clustering around two people who were taking turns shooting, to the point that any person in the higher number lanes was having to bump past all of these people. That is dangerous to have so many people in one area of the range. They were pretty distracted as well, since they were taking videos of one another shooting.
    • The loudspeaker system was being used for non essential functions while we were shooting. One of the "announcements" that was made was one employee asking another about work and shift information. When I hear the PA, I automatically tune in and listen, but the constant messages that were announced made me disregard the PA system after about 15 minutes.
    • We were pulled from the range lane when the paper that we signed said that time was limited to one hour on Fridays and Saturdays. If you are going to charge us full price for a rental, full price for the ammo, and not state Tuesdays time is limited, then you are decreasing LITERALLY my bang for the buck factor.
    Will I be going back to DFW gun range? NO.
    ARJ Defense ad

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    I personally know the manager and owner at DFW. Can you clear up a couple of questions for me, and I will forward your complaints to them?

1) They charged you the rental fee because your fiance, a male, used the rental gun for only 2 shots?

2) They made you stop shooting after 90 minutes, and it was on a Tuesday and not a weekend?

3) Was their any conversation between you and the person who checked you out regarding the reason you were charged a rental?

4) I am not clear, what guns did you rent?

Thanks

kusai

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Bedford TX
    Went there twice,
    First time, was charged $40 for ammo, range fee
    Second time: was charged $40 for range and I still had ammo. Did'nt realize untill I had my CC statement

BigBoss0311

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    McKinney, TX
    Based on multiple experiences, I do not use DFW Gun range, and do not recommend them. Unfortunately there are not too many places in Dallas I recommend.

BestCrispAir

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2012
    Dallas
    I personally know the manager and owner at DFW. Can you clear up a couple of questions for me, and I will forward your complaints to them?<br> <br>
    1) They charged you the rental fee because your fiance, a male, used the rental gun for only 2 shots?<br>

Answer: My fiance used rental gun #1 for 18 shots, the Sig was the first pistol that was rented, #2 Rental Gun, the Rangemaster to finish my 2nd box of ammo, since I only fired two shots since we had to purchase the whole box.
    2) They made you stop shooting after 90 minutes, and it was on a Tuesday and not a weekend? <br>Correct<br> <br>
    3) Was their any conversation between you and the person who checked you out regarding the reason you were charged a rental?<br>Yes, the man told my fiance that since he had shot the rental guns that he was being charged a 40.00 rental fee.<br> <br>
    4) I am not clear, what guns did you rent?<br>I rented a SIG 1911 and a Springfield Rangemaster<br> <br> <br>
    Thanks
    Sorry if anything I wrote was confusing or misleading, but I am pretty irritated. I tried to respond twice, but the format editor kept putting my response as part of your quote, so I changed the color of my responses in hopes that it will make my response easier to follow.

BestCrispAir

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2012
    Dallas
    Sorry if anything I wrote was confusing or misleading, but I am pretty irritated. I tried to respond twice, but the format editor kept putting my response as part of your quote, so I changed the color of my responses in hopes that it will make my response easier to follow.
    Addendum...not irritated with y'all here on the forum, or anything like that. :O)

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX

Thanks, that helps. Your fiance, who is not a woman, shot the rental gun, correct?

I do not think it was right to pull you off after 90 minutes. Was there a bunch of people waiting to shoot? They have 14 lanes.

It is not proper to use the intercom for non-shooting line related things.

I do not know their policy on how many people they allow inside the range area per lane, but it sounds like that one lane did have too many.

That said, I do not think it unreasonable to charge a male for shooting a gun rented on a "ladies night special".

Would care to PM me your contact info and I can have the manager or owner contact you directly?

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    Never had an issue there in the last 4 years. The staff there have always been top notch to me and my wife.

J. Fred

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 10, 2011
    Devil's Backbone,RR32
    I've been going there for over 5 years now. For the last 1.5 years I have averaged once a week.
    I've always been treated with courtesy and fairness.

Top Bottom