Venture Surplus ad

Definition of "Yield" (For the Driver in the Minivan With the Handicap Hangar)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Simply put, if you pull out into traffic from a parking lot onto a road where I am traveling at 60mph and I have to slam on my brakes to avoid hitting your crippled ass, you did not yield.

I am not sure if your disability is a syphilis addled brain, or you are just so stupid you earned a handicap hang tag, but your driving skills suck. If you are so disabled that you can not exercise the judgement needed to look before pulling onto a highway, then you should consider not driving.

Pro tip: The octoganal red sign with the word STOP on it means just that, stop and look. The octoganal red sign is the same in every country I have visited, and regardless of what the letters on it look like, they all mean stop and look before proceeding.
    ARJ Defense ad

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    Same thing happened to me on S. Bell returning from Shady Oaks. White mini-van pulls out into 45mph traffic with hardly room to squeeze in...then proceeds at 25mph for the next mile or so...brilliant! Especially brilliant since it was raining AND there was plenty of space BEHIND me! Interestingly, had a handicap plate.

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    when I was walking the other day in the neighborhood . I was coming up on the intersection that is one of main entrances to the development. I saw a grey honda van coming up to stop made eye contact with drvier . Not only did she not stop at sign and yeild right of way she sped up and blew through it. I tried to follow her so I could snap a picture of her plate but I lost her. How long would that have taken her to stop 12 seconds ?

Blind Sniper

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2013
    Bay City, MI
    when I was walking the other day in the neighborhood . I was coming up on the intersection that is one of main entrances to the development. I saw a grey honda van coming up to stop made eye contact with drvier . Not only did she not stop at sign and yeild right of way she sped up and blew through it. I tried to follow her so I could snap a picture of her plate but I lost her. How long would that have taken her to stop 12 seconds ?

I fucking hate people like that. I've almost been hit three times this year walking to the neighborhood grocery store, just because people either don't follow the rules of the road (up here at least, foot traffic has right-of-way if there aren't any signs or lights) or are too busy fucking around with their phones to pay attention to the road.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I can almost assure you that the bad driver you reference is from Abilene

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I $#@!ing hate people like that. I've almost been hit three times this year walking to the neighborhood grocery store, just because people either don't follow the rules of the road (up here at least, foot traffic has right-of-way if there aren't any signs or lights) or are too busy $#@!ing around with their phones to pay attention to the road.

In Houston, it is called pedestrian polo. And you even get extra points if they are on a bike.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    You must have scared her.

cncfan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2015
    Houston
    Now that you have shown what you think of people that are disabled I am really glad I have never been in the same room as you.

Still not quite sure what being disabled and failure to yield have in common. I see many more drivers that do not display a disabled tag making stupid decisions on the road than ones that do display one.

I would type what I think of you but I do not want to get kicked for a personal attack on such a great person, I am sure you are a outstanding example for others in your family to follow.

Last edited:

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Now that you have shown what you think of people that are disabled I am really glad I have never been in the same room as you.

Still not quite sure what being disabled and failure to yield have in common. I see many more drivers that do not display a disabled tag making stupid decisions on the road than ones that do display one.

I would type what I think of you but I do not want to get kicked for a personal attack on such a great person, I am sure you are a outstanding example for others in your family to follow.

Relax. He was not insinuating that handicapped people are bad drivers. He could accuse YOU of having a huge chip on your shoulder, though

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge

Guess that was you that pulled out without looking. My rant was not toward the disabled. It was toward the worthless sack of pus that blew out of a parking lot on to the feeder road who had a handicap hang tag. Get over yourself and put on your big boy pants. And don't forget that if you pull out of somewhere and cause someone to hit the breaks, you did not yield.

cncfan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2015
    Houston
    Simply put, if you pull out into traffic from a parking lot onto a road where I am traveling at 60mph and I have to slam on my brakes to avoid hitting your crippled ass, you did not yield.

I am not sure if your disability is a syphilis addled brain, or you are just so stupid you earned a handicap hang tag, but your driving skills suck. If you are so disabled that you can not exercise the judgement needed to look before pulling onto a highway, then you should consider not driving.

Pro tip: The octoganal red sign with the word STOP on it means just that, stop and look. The octoganal red sign is the same in every country I have visited, and regardless of what the letters on it look like, they all mean stop and look before proceeding.

Guess that was you that pulled out without looking. My rant was not toward the disabled. It was toward the worthless sack of pus that blew out of a parking lot on to the feeder road who had a handicap hang tag. Get over yourself and put on your big boy pants. And don't forget that if you pull out of somewhere and cause someone to hit the breaks, you did not yield.

“Not toward the disabled”, If you do not consider parts of your post “toward the disabled” ,you need to go find your self a pair of big boy pants. Does not take someone disabled to pull out in front of anyone but you somehow feel the need to mention it a few time in your post. If that floats your boat and makes you feel like a man go for it. And no it was not me but if it makes you feel better just consider it was me and maybe you will feel better.

txinvestigator…..no I have no “chip” but if you feel the need to jump in and defend Hoji feel free.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    “Not toward the disabled”, If you do not consider parts of your post “toward the disabled” ,you need to go find your self a pair of big boy pants. Does not take someone disabled to pull out in front of anyone but you somehow feel the need to mention it a few time in your post. If that floats your boat and makes you feel like a man go for it. And no it was not me but if it makes you feel better just consider it was me and maybe you will feel better.

txinvestigator…..no I have no “chip” but if you feel the need to jump in and defend Hoji feel free.

Snivel much? "Parts of my post" were directed at the addled prick that caused me to get sideways from jamming my brakes. Again, get over yourself.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom