• ...and so much more!
  • leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    >
    This morning, my TV is buzzing with items like "War drums beating'. . . "Biden warns Putin". . . . "U S steps-in with Ukraine cyber-attack help".

But, WHY ?

I don't think we are under any treaty obligation of in any long term strategic alliance with Ukraine; or, am I mistaken ?

Meanwhile the ChiComm's pose imminent threats to Taiwan, South Korea, and even Japan; which we are under obligation to defend, but Biden is silent !

Something is ROTTEN in D.C. !

Please correct me if I'm wrong on this ?

leVieux

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    President House Plant couldn't issue a warning to a rock and be taken seriously at this point.

I don't know our diplomatic relationship with the Ukraine either, but it would seem this action would be more to bait us into a US vs. China+Russia conflict with the goal to shift even more power east.

m5215

Pistoleer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2018
    McKinney, TX
    From what I understand back when Ukraine got its independence they agreed to give up the nukes they had from the Russian occupation in exchange for security/defense agreements with the US. From what I heard from a Ukrainian on the matter many Ukrainians now feel like they should never have given up the nukes they had as it would have made any aggressor think twice about attacking them and also it is generally thought that the US has not come to their aid as they hoped with the current situation with Russia. Because of this situation, I very much doubt North Korea will ever give up its nukes because they can clearly see what has happened to Ukraine because of it.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    leVieux,
    You are not wrong; in fact, I’d say you’re right. The best America can do / should do is, keep our nose out of the Ukraine / Russian affair. IMHO.

Several years ago, I spent a bit of time in Kiev and Lviv, Ukraine. Met the U.S. military attaché at our embassy - a lady, U.S. Army full bird colonel. I was a “tourist” (ex-Army officer, myself) and invited to a Ukrainian military class studying English - mainly so they could hear what American English sounded like as compared to the British English they were being instructed in. Poor slobs… err…I mean cadets were subjected to my Texas drawl.

Most Americans haven’t a clue what a quagmire getting involved in Ukraine would be. First off, roughly the eastern third to half of Ukraine is populated by ethnic Russians (including the Crimea). Most of the adult population speaks Russian. Ethnic Ukrainians can speak Ukrainian and Russian but most of the Russian population doesn’t understand Ukrainian. What they’ve got going on over there, mainly in the Donetsk Oblast is more akin to a mini-civil war. A goodly percentage of the total population remains loyal to Russia and even those who support an independent Ukraine, hate to see the pervasive corruption at the national level. It would be a lose/lose proposition for the U.S. to get involved.

Last edited:

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Heck, let's just sit back and let Russia and China take over the entire world. Who cares about anybody else?

Of course, after a while they will be visiting our shores. And not as tourists.

Ignoring and appeasing Hitler worked out so well, after all. We would be speaking German now, had we not gotten involved. And more American lives were lost in the end because we took so long to get involved.

This does not take going to war. Strength is the best way to prevent a war. Give Ukraine some appropriate arms to make it too costly for Russia.

Isolationism ends up with you being isolated, and everyone else against you.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    From what I understand back when Ukraine got its independence they agreed to give up the nukes they had from the Russian occupation in exchange for security/defense agreements with the US. From what I heard from a Ukrainian on the matter many Ukrainians now feel like they should never have given up the nukes they had as it would have made any aggressor think twice about attacking them and also it is generally thought that the US has not come to their aid as they hoped with the current situation with Russia. Because of this situation, I very much doubt North Korea will ever give up its nukes because they can clearly see what has happened to Ukraine because of it.
    Yeah....they should have talked with Israel about that first.....

Sent from my SM-G715A using Tapatalk

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    If Russia take over Ukraine, how does that affect me? If Russia doesn't take over Ukraine, how does that affect me? Funk Russia and Ukraine.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    What I see is simply Biden's string-pullers making noise. It's not like there is strong government leadership making plans to do something in the Ukraine. They have to make it appear that Biden isn't weak on foreign policy and afraid to use military strength to effect change. Biden probably can't even spell "Ukraine"!

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Except this is like us sticking our nose into Mexico, not a US state.

Of course. "We" have gone into Mexico twice in public and several times undercover. And we should be able to do it again if circumstances warrant.

Last thing needed now is any serious row with Russia. Besides, we and Russia have numerous "common interests", which could best be addressed cooperatively.

leVieux

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    Of course. "We" have gone into Mexico twice in public and several times undercover. And we should be able to do it again if circumstances warrant.

Last thing needed now is any serious row with Russia. Besides, we and Russia have numerous "common interests", which could best be addressed cooperatively.

leVieux

I agree a war or even a skirmish with Russia is not a good idea. It does suck that we kinda told Ukraine we'd have their back then we don't. Not the first time we've done that. Probably not the last time.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Thaskinny1
    Top Bottom