• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    La Fonda on Main is a good mexican place (with nice outdoor scenery if you can get a table)

Freetails is a microbrewery that makes great beer and very good pizza (the cheese is really good). Wednesday is "date night" where you can get a pitcher of beer (my favorite is Freetail Ale) for $15 plus tax/tip; Their Bat Rasterd is supperb, but it only comes in snifters). Also a great place to sit outside.

My dad's favorite place is Chaco's, which can be a good or bad experience. Good, cheap food.

Sarika's at Medial and Fredricksburg is a great Thai food

Guido's is my favorite sushi place

Melano's (sp?) and Warzback and lockhill is pretty good Italian.

Sarita's at Lockhill and NW military has my favorite salsa/chips

Naple's is a good pizza place. NW military and Huebner.

I know there are more, but I can't think of them.
    Hurley's Gold

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Steer clear of the Tower of the Americas to eat, but it's a great place to have a drink afterward (especially in the evening!).

Otherwise, there are a ton of great restaurants downtown. What kind of fare are you looking for?

Most restaurants actually on the Riverwalk are chains, whereas if you go "off Riverwalk" you can find some great local restaurants closeby, such as Azuca on south Alamo Street, La Foccochia Restaurant at South Alamo and S. Presa, Bohanan's for steak, Mi Tierra, etc.

But if it has to be on the Riverwalk, some recommendations would be Casa Rio, Republic of Texas, etc. Try looking through this.

Cheers! M2

I have to disagree. I ate there like 8 years ago and it was bad food
    I ate there a couple of months ago and the Charter House, whom runs the resturant now, has excellent (and pretty expensive) food.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    If you're willing to travel about 15 minutes out of San Antonio, the Old Alsace restaurant in Castroville is a great German/French steakhouse. Take HWY 90 W out of San Antonio to get there. It's just off Castroville's town square.

X2 on C-Ville. I lived in C-Ville for years, and there's some good eats there now. If you stop by, grab some "parisa" at Dzuik's Meat Market. You will become addicted to it.

Near downtown I'd say La Margarita or Mi Tierra (right by each other).

Near Terrell Hills/Alamo Heights I'd go with Water Street Oyster Bar (start w/ salad with walnut dressing and some oysters).

Lots of good food around town, depending on where you are at.

Top Bottom