• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mac7

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2015
    South of Dallas
    Not quite sure if this is the place to post this or not but I think that its a good start. If you would like a good read on ISIS or terrorism in general. I would imagine that people on here have thought of numerous situations and how to react. This is one that I honestly never occurred to me. The author also wrote "One Second After", which is another really good read on EMP's and the collapse of the infrastructure of the US.
    Again not sure if this is the correct subforum or not.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I am prepared for most contingencies, have food, potties and water for a month. I live off the hurricane coast so that makes sense. The other stuff I prepare for then put it out of my mind, go out and have a great life and never lose a moment of sleep over it.

Here's some wisdom gained over a long and eventful life.

The people in charge WANT you to be afraid. They want you to be fearful and cower from it because that makes you easier to control. They make you afraid for your life and the lives of your family, then they hold out the HOPE that they have the solutions to protect you!

You were born lonely and you will die alone.
    No one gets outta here alive.
    Nothing that you have will leave with you when you die.
    When your number comes up, it's time to go. Nothing will prevent or delay that.
    The rich and poor are equal when it comes to the Grim Reaper.

Wow, that sounds pretty negative, right? Instead, I view this as liberating and joyful! None of this crap matters!

So....from an old fart. Prepare as well as you can then blow off those concerns and go have a great life! Don't let the bastards steal happiness from you. Enjoy TODAY as that is all we have. Yesterday is gone and tomorrow hasn't happened yet. Today is all you have and there's virtually nothing you can do about the rest of it.

In my own words.."F it! It don't mean a damned thing!"

Flash

Last edited:

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    So....from an old fart. Prepare as well as you can then blow off those concerns and go have a great life! Don't let the bastards steal happiness from you. Enjoy TODAY as that is all we have. Yesterday is gone and tomorrow hasn't happened yet. Today is all you have and there's virtually nothing you can do about the rest of it.

Flash

+1 thanks Flash
    In the hurry, worry, scurry day to day existence such a message is easily lost.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    I live in Houston, and if a major disaster happened, there would be more than million people passing my house on the way out of town. I don't have any preconceived notion that I could do anything under those circumstances.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I quote myself......."Prepare as well as you can then blow off those concerns and go have a great life! Don't let the bastards steal happiness from you."

I didn't suggest that we lay down and take whatever "they" want to give us. If the SHTF, you'll find my dead carcass surrounded by a mountain of fired brass, I am prepared and mentally committed to resist all invaders. Beyond that, I'm gonna ride the Harley and walk my little dog, Jake.
    F... it.

Flash

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    It's Good Friday.
    I fully understand the origin and meaning.

Really, not a lot else matters. What I find "important" really isn't in the end.
    Have a blessed Easter.

SA Justin

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 25, 2013
    Not quite sure if this is the place to post this or not but I think that its a good start. If you would like a good read on ISIS or terrorism in general. I would imagine that people on here have thought of numerous situations and how to react. This is one that I honestly never occurred to me. The author also wrote "One Second After", which is another really good read on EMP's and the collapse of the infrastructure of the US.
    Again not sure if this is the correct subforum or not.

Started reading this. Absolutely terrifying...

Doesn't matter how prepared you are individually, we need some common sense law makers to protect our kids from this type of scenario.

The liberal protectionists who proliferate free fire zones at our schools need to wake up. Unless they will commit to an armed leo in every school, teachers need to be able to cc.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    I really enjoyed "One Second After". After checking some reviews, I'm going to order the Day of Wrath.......

Thanks for the heads up....

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    The Holy Bible is the most important book in the history of man and in my life.

This book is in my top 5 and has been for years now.

how_to_survive_end_of_world.jpeg

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Question
    Can anyone answer with confidence this question?

What vehicle would be immune from such an attack or solar flare ?

Old diesel ?

Top Bottom