• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Somebody, I think it was either @TxStetson or @deemus had recommended a dash cam in another thread. But I can't seem to remember which thread it was or which cam. I figured I'd create a separate thread for recommendations.

I have been watching some videos on YouTube and this has me motivated to get cams for our cars.

What do you folks recommend please? Also for you Houston folks if you have a recommended local installer especially somewhere on the west side, I'd greatly appreciate that.

I know I'd like it wired into the car even if I have to have it professionally done and I want rear and front facing cameras. I don't mind something a little more expensive.
    Guns International

hooper

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 19, 2020
    Houston Area
    I run a DDPai, front only at the moment.
    Has an SD card and syncs to your phone if you so desire. SD Card gets overwritten as time passes by. I want to say I can get 13 hours on the card.

They have at least (2) models I have the Mini-One which is the cheaper one like 70 bucks on Amazon.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Evidence to save you or give to LE if needed, and can delete if needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Kind of like a BOS, no....

:green:
    Not at all. I watched a video of a guy that was brake checking a car really... really... bad. End up both drivers pulled over. Dude that was getting brake check got in front of his car, which had a dash cam. Other driver started towards him. He pulled a pistol, never aimed it, just held it pointing down by his side during the entire altercation. He could not be charged with brandishing a weapon because of the way he managed but it for sure changed the outcome of that event.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Just curious, what are the reasons for wanting a dash cam?

I've had two accidents where I was not at fault but video evidence would have been helpful. One several years ago where a small car full of people pulled out on a feeder road and then proceeded to move across all lanes of traffic without hesitating before abruptly coming to a stop in my lane.

No license, no insurance so I called the cops. They tried telling the HPD officer that a different person was driving their car. It was a mess. Initially he was going to cite me for the accident and it took a lot of convincing on my part about what happened. Video would have helped immensely in making my case but thankfully it all worked out minus the $250 deductible I had to pay to get my car fixed.

The other was when somebody ran a stop sign and hit me in the intersection. They wouldn't talk to their insurance to give them their story for over a month and then tried to claim my headlights weren't on so their insurance wasn't accepting full liability. Thankfully I had some pictures to help prove my part of the case and eventually things got worked out. My insurance claim rep said dashcam footage would have helped tremendously in expediting the process.

There are other instances of hit and runs, people hitting parked cars and leaving and even outright insurance fraud where having a cam provides proof as to what occurred.

sidebite252

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Lake Texoma
    This is a pic of the setup in our Jeep Jk. It’s from 67 Design and pictured is the go pro set up but it also holds my iPhone and I can turn my phone any position and recorded video with phone as well. It’s not cheap but it’s solid as a rock and holds up well off road.

IMG_5798.JPG

kenboyles72

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2017
    Gladewater,TX
    I just got a cheapie from wally world, surprisingly it takes some good 1080 videos. One day after work, had to go by wally world and two drivers, on purpose, tried to back into me. Yes they did this intentionally. So I went back in and bought what they had and mounted it before I left. I just want evidence in case something does happen, specially now with all the riots/protests going on, no telling what these nuts will do around here.

mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston
    Just curious, what are the reasons for wanting a dash cam?
    I want one for my company vehicle. I drive it to and from work every day, company pays gas, maintenance, tolls. Huge benefit to me and my family.
    I have a 1800-imasnitch decal on the back and my branch seems to have an innocent until proven guilty policy.

If anyone ever call in on my id like.to be able to ask the date and time and sit down with my manager to review the tape.

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk

mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston
    This is a pic of the setup in our Jeep Jk. It’s from 67 Design and pictured is the go pro set up but it also holds my iPhone and I can turn my phone any position and recorded video with phone as well. It’s not cheap but it’s solid as a rock and holds up well off road.

View attachment 224291
    Do you put it away every time you stop? Looks valuable enough to get a window broken.

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk

sdismukes

Bending nails and making sawdust
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2014
    Erath County
    It doesn’t appear to have GPS. If you want to be able to show your route on a map and what speed you were driving that would be very useful.

Anyone have a recommendation of a dash cam with GPS??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom