• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    They seems similar on issues at face value, but Cruz is head and shoulders better. Cruz can debate, he can speak, he's extremely intelligent, he's presented cases to the Supreme Court and he's kicking ass in the Senate. Like it or not lots of people don't vote based on issues; they vote based on the candidate.

Cruz is just in a whole different league. He'd significantly outperform both Rubio and Rand Paul in debates, and he'd pull in more cash as well. He's presidential material (unlike McCain, Romney, etc.)

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    I love all the people who say the TEA Party is dead. Just ask Senator Ted Cruz if we're dead. David Dewhurst looked like a shoe-in until the TEA Party got behind Ted. Imagine the landslide Ted Cruz will win if runs against one of the old, doddering buffoons such as Pelosi, Biden, or Clinton.

mosin

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    Laredo
    They seems similar on issues at face value, but Cruz is head and shoulders better. Cruz can debate, he can speak, he's extremely intelligent, he's presented cases to the Supreme Court and he's kicking ass in the Senate. Like it or not lots of people don't vote based on issues; they vote based on the candidate.

Cruz is just in a whole different league. He'd significantly outperform both Rubio and Rand Paul in debates, and he'd pull in more cash as well. He's presidential material (unlike McCain, Romney, etc.)

I'd happily take cruz perry or paul. It sucks perry is so terrible in a debate setting, I really like most his politics he was my guy then cain afterwards. Rubio is establishment in tea party clothing. That becomes more apparent daily.

GRAYWOLF

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    I was in FL when Rubio came on the scene and was not all that impressed with him. One of his speeches he said "Government is there to do what you can't do for yourself." As far as I know he never clarified what he meant by that, though many people were asking.

I was leery of Cruz even after (and in spite of) Ron Paul endorsed him, but I have been impressed with his showing, so far.

Perry lost me when he tried to force TX girls to be guinea pigs for his pharmaceutical buddies.

Rand is no Ron, but he is a lot better than anything we have seen in the last couple of decades!

mosin

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    Laredo
    I was in FL when Rubio came on the scene and was not all that impressed with him. One of his speeches he said "Government is there to do what you can't do for yourself." As far as I know he never clarified what he meant by that, though many people were asking.

I was leery of Cruz even after (and in spite of) Ron Paul endorsed him, but I have been impressed with his showing, so far.

Perry lost me when he tried to force TX girls to be guinea pigs for his pharmaceutical buddies.

Rand is no Ron, but he is a lot better than anything we have seen in the last couple of decades!

Rand stands a better chance than his father did with the republican base with his slightly more hawkish foreign policy. The issue like usual is going to be in trying to keep the conservative vote cohesive in the primary.

oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cruz would be my pick from this group, Paul is an open border guy(will vote yes on Amnesty bill), Perry to weak IMO.

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    Cruz would be my pick from this group, Paul is an open border guy(will vote yes on Amnesty bill), Perry to weak IMO.

What Paul are you talking about? Rand has repeatedly said we shouldnt reward illegals with amnesty.

Rubio is dissapointing me more and more but I truly believe Cruz or Paul would be a great 2016 candidate. Paul has the nefit of his fathers base plus being better supported by some of the more center political types.

Charlie47

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2011
    Frisco, TX; DFW Metroplex

I AGREE with this statement 100%! Perry has proven that he does NOT handle the stress of campaigning! In addition, as a native Texan I don't always agree with things Perry has done! Example: Forcing young girls to get a vaccination! etc!

Dred

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Lot of pasture left to cross get'n to 2016. If Cruz can keep shoot'n from the hip without get'n his boots ruined - we have a winner. Remember, he's young and he's built up one heck of a steam head. Reminds me of an old story about some advice a young bull receives from an old bull while planning their next move.

Cruz has yet to demonstrate stamina, but the man's got one hell of a rapid fire.

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013

To be accurate, TX girls were allowed to opt out of the vaccination program with their parents permission so it's inaccurate to say he tried to "force" girls to take the HPV vaccine. Further, as a father of three grown daughters, had the vaccine been available when they were younger I would have allowed them to take it as the benefits outweighed the risks. Having said that, Ted Cruz is my guy all the way as I don't think Rick Perry is anywhere near as sharp as Sen. Cruz is.

Top Bottom