• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    So, appearently a bunch of "GOP" lawmakers proceded to rip Ted a new one for supporting the filibuster.

Complained that now they have to come home and face constituants who insist on them standing behind their principals...

I wish they'd name those rat bass turds. So we could wrachet up the heat.

Texas senator Ted Cruz on Friday indicated that the battle among GOP Senators over gun control was so fierce that, at several points throughout the debate, some of his Republican colleagues yelled at him “at the top of their lungs.”
    “I don’t know that there is an issue that has generated more heat internally in the Republican conference,” Cruz said at a Texas tea party rally. “We’ve had probably five or six lunches with a bunch of Republican senators standing up and looking at Rand [Paul] and Mike [Lee] and me and yelling at us at the top of their lungs, I mean, really upset. And they said ‘Look, why did you do this? As a result of what you did, when I go home, my constituents are yelling at me that I have to stand on principle.’ I’m really not making that up. I don’t ever bother to argue with me, I just let them yell and say, ‘Look, you know, vote your conscience.’”
    Cruz who, along with senators Rand Paul and Mike Lee, launched an effort to filibuster any gun-control legislation brought to the Senate floor, called Republicans who did not back the effort “squishes.”
    The trio were criticized by conservatives outside the halls of Congress as well; the Wall Street Journal ran two editorials attacking their efforts.
    Though their motion was defeated, they consider themselves to have achieved an important strategic victory. “We are winning,” Cruz told the crowd.

Cruz: GOP Senators Yelled at Me for Supporting Gun Filibuster | National Review Online
    Hurley's Gold

Edwarethered

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    La Marque, Texas
    Oh dear, they're getting yelled at when they get home for not doing what they were sent to Washington to do? Who would have thought..

I hope that if Ted and them keep this up, we might be able to get a bunch of spinless assjacks out of office next election.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    I sent him an email, made three points.

1. Thank you
    2. Tell those damn yankees, they don't vote for Cruz, I voted for Cruz.
    3. Ask those damn yankees, Why are they mad Cruz is motivating their base constituency?

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    That's good to hear. Now and then I wonder if there are real people up there and if they actually listen to anything we are saying. Receiving form letter after form letter gets old. I wonder if I am talking to a wall. That was nice to hear Cruz say what he did.

ScorpionHunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2012
    Driftwood
    God forbid that these guys would have to stand on principle. Cruz's victory in Texas should give courage to anyone wanting to challenge non-conservative Republicans in a primary.

biglucky

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Dripping Springs, TX
    The trio were criticized by conservatives outside the halls of Congress as well; the Wall Street Journal ran two editorials attacking their efforts.
    Though their motion was defeated, they consider themselves to have achieved an important strategic victory. “We are winning,” Cruz told the crowd.

As if there are any actual conservatives at the Wall Street F*#king Journal.... what a laugh.

Driller

Life Member
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Conroe,TX
    Wow to actually represent your constituents on the principles you got elected for. What an interesting concept. WAKE THEM UP TED!

Driller

Pilgrim

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Volente
    Here's to hoping they don't cave in to the pressure of their own party members. We need a serious house-cleaning in the Republican party...

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I voted for Cruz and support him 100%. He went to Washington to stir things up and that's exactly what he is doing! He can stand the heat and he'll keep those Knot Heads in line by stirring up their constituents. I am very proud of Ted Cruz!

Not since the Viet Nam War have I seen the American people so riled up! Obama brought millions of us who detest politics back into the fight and now, the people are forcing our elected representatives to speak for US!

Flash

AcidFlashGordon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So, appearently a bunch of "GOP" lawmakers proceded to rip Ted a new one for supporting the filibuster.

Complained that now they have to come home and face constituants who insist on them standing behind their principals...

Aren't our elected official supposed to represent the people that elected them, not their own principles? If those whiners are so upset, then they'd BEST start listening TO their constituents, NOT toeing the party line. I think it's time to send the wah-bulence for the complainers. Maybe their constituents will realize that those they elected aren't doing their job and elect someone who will.....like Senators Cruz, Paul and Lee are doing.

XinTX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    South of Houston
    Actually, their PRIMARY reason for being there isn't to represent us, it's to 'protect and defend' the Constitution. I do think he's been doing that. Job well done so far.

Stumpy

Landman/Presbyterian
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    Slaton, TX
    Actually, their PRIMARY reason for being there isn't to represent us, it's to 'protect and defend' the Constitution. I do think he's been doing that. Job well done so far.

Yea buddy!

Sent from the mind of a genius. Forrealz.

AlamoMIA

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Arlington, Texas
    I think it is safe to conclude that the " unnamed " Republican senators in question are self-evident by virtue of their votes to prevent the planned filibuster.

Top Bottom