1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast
    crg1.jpg

CRG-1: PISTOL GUNFIGHTING
    September 26-27, 2015
    Houston, Texas
    Instructor: Jon Payne

All training must begin with fundamentals. This comprehensive fundamentals class is designed to prep you for the more advanced courses such as Close Range Gunfighting. Through a carefully designed and detailed curriculum we are able to bring you up to a level of skill in a short two day class that previously would take over 4 or 5 days to achieve at other schools.
    You will learn a complete presentation of the modern combative technique of the pistol which will put you in good standing for any defensive situations you may encounter in the real world.

We will also be incorporating fundamental Point Shooting techniques which will prep you for the more advanced courses such as Advanced Reactive Gunfighting. You will learn the components of various point shooting methods and integrate them into your existing skill sets. This knowledge will put you in good standing for any defensive situations you may encounter in the real world.
    No experience or prior training is needed to attend this class and it is specially suitable for beginners, or as a tune-up for accomplished shooters.

DURATION:2 days
    TIME:9:00AM to 5:00PM
    AMMUNITION:Approximately 300 rounds (Minimum)
    YOU NEED TO BRING:Spare clothing appropriate to the weather. Lunch, snacks and water (minimum of 1 gallon per person) for the entire day. Baseball or other style hat, sun screen, bug repellent, allergy medication (if needed), chair (if you have a problem with sitting on the ground, note taking paper/pen/pencil and a boo boo kit (band aids, gauze pads, antiseptic wipes, antibiotic ointment and tape).
    REQUIREMENTS:Modern defensive pistol with a holster specifically made for that pistol and designed to be worn on the belt at the "strong side". Three (3) magazines and one magazine pouch. A belt of the same width as the belt loops for the holster and magazine pouches, range safety gear (eye protection and ear protection).
    NOTES:

Range information, directions, local hotels, and contact information will be Emailed after purchase, contact the office if you haven't received information for your class.

If you have any further questions or need to contact your instructor, please don't hesitate to call us!

enroll here

DK Firearms

Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast
    If you've just obtained your CHL or never attended a professionally taught training course; this class is right up your alley. If you've been to the huah shootem up schools and need a tune up; this class is for you. If your support side needs some work so you can handle that smoke wagon righty or lefty; this class is for you. We have a few spots left, at $350 it's one heck of a bargain. The student to instructor ratio during live fire drills will be at least 2.5 to 1. I will have one assistant at the minimum and more if needed.

The two most dangerous places in today's world:
    1.) a gun free zone
    2.) your comfort zone

Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast
    I am willing to do a special class for TGT members. I need a minimum of 4 enrollments at a cost of $300. The 16 hour class would be condensed to 6 hours of training. All material is still covered due to the reduced class size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast
    There are only a few weeks left until this class kicks off. This will be my last scheduled CRG-1 for the foreseeable future. Due to certain responsibilities at SI and the addition of some new Texas Staff and Affiliates my focus will be on intermediate and advanced courses. In other words, get in will the getting is good. After Sept the only ways to get CRG-1 from me will be a private lesson or hosting me in an area where I haven't already taught the material.

Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast
    If you're ready to progress and wonder where to start after getting your CHL or you've just purchased your handgun there is no better place to start than CRG-1.

Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast
    Looking for a few more for this class. Sept 26 isn't far away. This will be hard core focus on your fundamentals. Want to be a better shot and better fighter with your pistol? This is how to do it.

Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast
    I could do it in front of myself....with no witnesses to confirm or deny my claims!

Too funny. You know I got my second traffic ticket in Leander back in the late 80's. Used to hang out at a gunshop there owned by my now deceased friend Mike Cleckler. He owned Cleckler's Corner gunshop and BBQ. I've attended church services at the Leander Church of Christ, my father-in-law attends there. Duckshot, you shoot at Shady Oaks?

duckknot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2013
    Leander, TX
    Too funny. You know I got my second traffic ticket in Leander back in the late 80's. Used to hang out at a gunshop there owned by my now deceased friend Mike Cleckler. He owned Cleckler's Corner gunshop and BBQ. I've attended church services at the Leander Church of Christ, my father-in-law attends there. Duckshot, you shoot at Shady Oaks?
    I've lived in Leander for about 2 years! Where was the shop located?

I have shot there....not the biggest fan of indoor ranges but it is a beautiful facility with great people! I try out reloads there from time to time!

Top Bottom