Creative Ideas For Inherited Reloaded Ammo?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • letsget86d

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2024
    Fort Bended Knee
    Long story short: my Dad passed away several years ago, he did a lot of reloading, and I have several thousand rounds of ammo he reloaded complete with his reloading notes. I can't bring myself to shoot any of it because it's basically priceless to me. Right now it sits in ammo cans surrounded by large amounts of silica gel. I am looking for something creative I can do with this ammo to honor my Dad. Any ideas?

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Long story short: my Dad passed away several years ago, he did a lot of reloading, and I have several thousand rounds of ammo he reloaded complete with his reloading notes. I can't bring myself to shoot any of it because it's basically priceless to me. Right now it sits in ammo cans surrounded by large amounts of silica gel. I am looking for something creative I can do with this ammo to honor my Dad. Any ideas?
    Shoot it.
    ETA-
    Shoot it into fun targets. Cases of bud light, tannerite, anatomically correct ballistic gel torsos, feral pigs, etc.

CharlieWH2O

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2015
    Galveston County
    Shoot it in his firearms. No better tribute. Perhaps keep some to make up a display to honor him. You might include a favorite photo of him. Lots of possibilities.

1725230815570.png

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Enjoy it as he intended.
    Shoot it.
    What they said.^^^^^
    Your Dad loaded it to shoot or to make sure you had when he was gone. Don't waste he effort by letting it serve no purpose.
    Maybe a Father's Day shoot? Or maybe on his birthday or something.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Dermako

Semi-Retired of that
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 16, 2019
    DFW
    I’ll put it this way.
    I’m a pretty avid reloader and shooter.
    If something was to happen to me I would hope that my kids and grandkids would pop off every round in every ammo can I have. That would make me happy.
    I do have a little display the kids had made for me a number of years ago that I’ll post a picture of a bit later.

Dermako

Semi-Retired of that
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 16, 2019
    DFW
    I’ll put it this way.
    I’m a pretty avid reloader and shooter.
    If something was to happen to me I would hope that my kids and grandkids would pop off every round in every ammo can I have. That would make me happy.
    I do have a little display the kids had made for me a number of years ago that I’ll post a picture of a bit later.
    Kids got me this a number of years ago.
    I thought it was really unique.
    Calibers are .308, 6.5 x 47 Lapua, .223.
    IMG_1255.jpeg

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    Shoot it. That's the reason he reloaded it.

Top Bottom