• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    So has anyone tried to carry a whetstone on board a long flight?

I've had my Fallkniven DC4 whetstone in my bag many times on flights. There's all sorts of metal objects on a plane you could pull off and sharpen even without a dinner knife. Point being, the security rules are asinine.
    Hurley's Gold

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    If the goal is just to own mg's and other NFA stuff, then you could become a manufacturer and build as much of it as you want.

I'd love to be a deputy in Texas Gun Town, tho...

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    What about other options. It seems like there are a lot of organized law enforcement agencies out there for just about everything these days.

How about a school or private university, they have PDs also?
    MUD district??
    Buy some land, put a runway on it, and convince a small city near by you need your airport police, and will pay all the expenses.

Their has got to be easier ways than forming a city.

For the LEO's out there, what happens when a person is elected or appointed as head of an agency, (Sheriff, Constable, etc.) that does not have a personal TCLEOSE certification? Is there a crash course, or accommodation made that allows them to function in that capacity?

So has anyone tried to carry a whetstone on board a long flight?

When the lesbian Lupe Valdez was elected Sheriff of Dallas County she was not certified. She had to do so to be able to carry and be sworn. If I remember correctly, it took a while.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    I'm looking into DeLoreans.

Not that bad of a drive for you, the company is in Humble just off the Beltway. Plenty to choose from on the premises.
    DeLorean Motor Company | The Best Source for your DeLorean

Might give up the idea of a PD or other LEO agency. Just all chip in and create a company, get the required business and manufacturing licenses and start building them. Have a bunch of company officers that can legally possess the corporations assets and away you go.

pvtsnowball82

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Outside San Antonio
    Don't bother starting a new town. It would turn out to be a great place to live; so nice that Californians would hear about it and move in droves. Then they'd ban Happy Meals and require dogs to ride in child seats D:

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Holy hell. I thought it was a few weeks of training, pick up your gun/uniform/donuts, slap on the butt and a "go get' em tiger!"

We will have to scale it back to once a year then...unless we can change the space/time continuum. I'm looking into DeLoreans.

Deloreans are easy; finding plutonium post 9/11 is a bitch. ;)

codygjohnson

Eats breakfast everyday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Flower Mound
    Don't you watch TV TXI? You don't need plutonium if you can time driving the DeLorean(modified with that thing hanging off the back) under the power line right as the lighting strikes. Duh! Haha.

Naw man naw. It's all about the latest upgrades yo.
    a693481c-4a66-1f33.jpg

clonies

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2010
    Houston
    Hmmmm. Buying up land and machine guns? I haven't read the whole thread to see if it was mentioned but....*cough*cough* Waco siege #2 anyone?

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    Hmmmm. Buying up land and machine guns? I haven't read the whole thread to see if it was mentioned but....*cough*cough* Waco siege #2 anyone?

Yeah you should definitely read the thread. I don't recall the Branch Davidians legally incorporating, having their own CLEO, loading the ballot box of a small town, or taking over their own municipality.

I still approve of this thread!

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Waco was a travesty. It could have been handled much better. They were kind of wackos, but then again, so were the Branch Davidians.

(you see what I did there? )

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    Definitely see what you did there.

And like it.

I lived in Waco when all of that was going on. My senior prom almost got cancelled b/c the FBI/ATF took over the venue for our prom and was using it as a HQ/Press Pit. I will never forget how sick to my stomach I was when people in my high school cheered when the flames started.

midnightyell

Makes Aggie Jokes Reality
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2012
    Cypress
    I don't understand how this thread has been here this long and no one has made up a flag for Texas Gun Town. If it's going to be a reality, it needs to have a flag...

That's F-L-A-G. With an L! Jakassh and AKMike need not apply!

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michaelm18
    Top Bottom