• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I'm a guy who counts his blessings and takes inventory of all the ways I've been blessed. Last night, another blessing made the list!

I got a call about 7:30 last night from my next door neighbors who invited me over for a feast. They had Hallibit (sp?) steaks with some kind of exotic topping, Crab legs and wonderful taters!

So we sat, ate wonderful food, exchanged stories, and had a great time for about 2 1/2 hours. They traveled to Alaska for 10-12 days a while back and I took care of their two dogs while they were gone. The dinner was a "Thank you"!

Today, I'm in my home, got all the laundry finished and folded, scrubbed the bathtub and washed the shower curtain.

I have guns, ammo and reloading to tinker with, a fantastic little dog who watches over me 24/7. There are 10#'s of BBQ Ribs in the refridge all cooked and the Texans game is due on the big screen in 20 minutes.

The Harley awaits (offering wind therapy at my whim) while the Jeep and Toyota stand ready to roll. I have good friends and I'm reasonably healthy.

I don't know what I did to deserve this kind of retirement life at this stage of my journey but I sure appreciate it!

Life is good and I am a very rich man!

Flash
    DK Firearms

Pilgrim

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Volente
    Awesome, Roger! Please let me add my blessings to this thread...

My 8-year old and I woke up this morning and played a few of his favorite games together. Suddenly he jumped up, gave me a huge hug and said, "I love my best friend!"

Had a cup of coffee outside with my wife and three dogs this morning. The sky is bright and blue in our peaceful neighborhood. We marveled at how, just 6 years ago, we lived in Commiefornia looking up at a sky full of brown smog while listening to police sirens and car alarms blaring around us every hour on the hour.

Finished reloading 500 rounds of 9mm last night and popped the boxes into my safe. I looked at all the firearms I've collected in the 6 years I've been in Free America and realized that, collectively, I acquired them all in less time than it took to take home my first shotgun and pistol when I was in Commiefornia... with it's two-week "cooling off" waiting period per firearm.

My game studio is doing great. Just hired 5 new employees and will be moving to a larger studio by the end of the year. Making more money now than ever before and living in a house 3 times less expensive than I would have had if I still lived on the west coast.

I don't think I thank God enough for how he's led me here.

What about the rest of you? Count your blessings...

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    What a terrific story! This is so much better than listening to the doom & gloom that we get dumped on us every day!

Anyone else care to join in?

Our whole life can change just by changing our perspective or way of looking at things!

I just ordered two scopes and two sets of scope rings for goodies that I traded for. OH BOY! More projects to do!

Flash

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    What a blessed weekend.

Received notification Thursday that the wife took a blue and red ribbon for her bread and butter zuchinni pickles and black-eyed peas and an honorable mention for her papaya-raspberry jam.

Friday we took possession of my 3 year old grand daughter and we played, sang, rocked, wrestled most of the day Friday.
    She is high functioning autistic and has problems articulating words.
    For the first time, she said "I love you paw-paw" just as clear as day.
    What a day.

Saturday the granddaughter and grandma went shopping and I went to my friends place ... a gun store, gunsmith shop and range.
    Ran about 50 rounds through my new Kel-Tec KSG ... and 50 rounds don't last long. LOL
    Watched some live/animated space movie that the grand daughter was really into. She was hilarious.

Sunday spent more time with the grandkids as my daughter came over and spent the day.

What a great weekend filled with family.

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    That's a great way to start the new week!

My fiend Bonnie stepped in a hole in her apartment complex and broke one and maybe both legs. She's getting set up with appointments and I'll make sure that she gets where she needs to be. She has helped me a lot and it will be a positive experience to help her.

Flash

Pilgrim

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Volente
    That's a great way to start the new week!

My fiend Bonnie stepped in a hole in her apartment complex and broke one and maybe both legs. She's getting set up with appointments and I'll make sure that she gets where she needs to be. She has helped me a lot and it will be a positive experience to help her.

Flash

Send Bonnie my best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    I too am one who counts his blessings everyday. Despite losing my job last week I know that God will provide and when he closes one door He opens another. I eagerly anticipate the next chapter of my life! The outpouring of support from all my friends and my church has been heart warming to say the least.

As I sit and type this post I take stock of my life and know that Dang! I have it pretty good. I have an adoring wife, healthy and happy kids, two new Grand nieces or nephews on the way, and I live in the greatest state in the greatest country on Earth.

What more could I want.

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Bonnie has one leg broken in two places and has a plaster cast on that leg. The other, however is badly sprained and simply has an air cast on it.

She has NO pain meds but I remember that she had one of my TENS units. She can plug in that unit and get some relief.

It's a rough turn of fortune for her but she has friends to help (including me) and she has one half of the bones broken that we first thought. It could have been much worse.

Yesterday, we talked about some menus that she could cook with her limited mobility. It may be comprised of TV dinners but it's easy to cook and she won't need to wash dishes.

Blessings? It could have been MUCH worse!

Flash

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    We scrubbed Bonnie's plans and I went to get her today. She lives 25 miles from me. We got her set up, she can hobble around and I'll make sure she will have enough to eat. I love living alone....just Jake and me but I couldn't do anything else. So....she'll be here for a while but she's safe and I'll get her to her Dr appointments.

She has a wheel chair that she bought and a walker that she borrowed. At least, she can move around the house as she needs to. My place has no carpeting. It's ceramic tile and that helps the wheeled gizmos to roll easily.

Good point, too. Jake loves her and is excited to have her here.

Yes....it's a blessing. It isn't often that I get a chance to come through for a friend who is in need.

Flash

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GURUNANDA9
    Top Bottom