• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2011
    Richardson
    anyone watching this on the History channel?

so far it makes me wonder, we should worry more on Nuclear weapons control than trying to ban "assault clips." :patriot:
    Hurley's Gold

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    So atom bombs work by shooting a bullet with something on the tip into a pile of uranium or something like that... so how come we havent made nuclear bullets with a hollow point, with a uranium core, so that when the tip crushes it pushes something into the other thing and makes a big boom?

Not too familiar with how it works, i forgot... been a few years since my high school chemistry teacher taught us how they work, he was an ex marine. Coolest, most badass asian teacher in the world, because he actually taught us things lol...

Anyways, i'd google "how an atom bomb works", but i'm scared too, because then big brother will just watch me closer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2011
    Richardson
    So atom bombs work by shooting a bullet with something on the tip into a pile of uranium or something like that... so how come we havent made nuclear bullets with a hollow point, with a uranium core, so that when the tip crushes it pushes something into the other thing and makes a big boom?

Not too familiar with how it works, i forgot... been a few years since my high school chemistry teacher taught us how they work, he was an ex marine. Coolest, most badass asian teacher in the world, because he actually taught us things lol...

Anyways, i'd google "how an atom bomb works", but i'm scared too, because then big brother will just watch me closer

Not the smartest idea, then our shooting ranges would be radioactive. We'll have frogs with 8 legs and 18 eyes.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio

That's one of the two ways of doing it. It's the easier and less efficient method. I don't think many of them were made... The other (preferred) way is an implosion device.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Not the smartest idea, then our shooting ranges would be radioactive. We'll have frogs with 8 legs and 18 eyes.

I meant for military use only! But just imagine how dangerous an assault clip full of those atomic point bullets would be haha. You could take out a shit ton of major cities in an enemy country with one 32 round high capacity assault clip

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2011
    Richardson
    I meant for military use only! But just imagine how dangerous an assault clip full of those atomic point bullets would be haha. You could take out a shit ton of major cities in an enemy country with one 32 round high capacity assault clip

oh haha, got you. "assault clips" yea okay..................... hair-clips.jpg

ghostscout

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 17, 2010
    Cedar Park/ North Austin

Well, the military uses depleted uranium rounds....about as close as youll get

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    lol a standard bullet isnt going to be big enough to reahc critical mass, i mean unless it was going super fast... now if you had a subcritical mass and another subcritical mass as the projectile, yeah tha tis feesable...

though i would say your best bet would be one nice sized chucnk of fissionable stuff, and compress it to critical mass.

this can be done with the liberal application fo high explosives, liek Octol, the shit they used in that bomb in clear and present danger to drop ont he flamboyant drug family doods car.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

ofcourse woring with this sort fo stuff is dangerous, and ya would have to make it yourself since it is regulated by the gov't.

and besides, who would want a nuke anywaY? far to dangerous to work with IMHO, but i guess if you had a big enough piece of desert, it could make for a fun 4th of july...

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    That's one of the two ways of doing it. It's the easier and less efficient method. I don't think many of them were made... The other (preferred) way is an implosion device.

Yep, and there are countless methods of enhancing warheads too, such as jacketing them with a thin layer of gold to go for an X-ray kill. Your recipe may vary....

Top Bottom