• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Orbie

Born Texan
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    San Antonio
    I guess this section is for venting so here I go.

I will start by saying that I'm fortunate that my wife, family, and myself are healthy and so much else could be wrong. I am far more fortunate than I deserve.

BUT WTF! I sent a barrel and upper receiver to a member here and the USPS has "lost it". Tracking number can't be found and it's as if I never sent it. I have sent a lot of firearm parts to this member and the USPS has never wronged me before. I'm pretty worried but I'm hoping all be ok. To top that off, I have 2 pixels that have gone out on my 65" TV. This problem will only get worse as it expands in the coming weeks. My wife pointed out the damage to the TV today when I got home. I'm just ranting in here because I can't yell at anyone. Not expecting a response but I feel a tiny bit better by typing it all out while I drink some crown.

Se7en62

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2015
    That Holler Up Yonder, Texas
    Had a YHM QD Flash Suppressor get lost in the mail after buying off of Armslist. The shipper didn't insure it and shipped it in a bubble wrap envelope. Someone at the USPS stole the part and an empty torn open package was delivered to me. Luckily the shipper understood his folly and refunded me my money in whole.

Never use the USPS for firearms...I only use UPS and I insure them everytime.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I guess this section is for venting so here I go.

I will start by saying that I'm fortunate that my wife, family, and myself are healthy and so much else could be wrong. I am far more fortunate than I deserve.

BUT WTF! I sent a barrel and upper receiver to a member here and the USPS has "lost it". Tracking number can't be found and it's as if I never sent it. I have sent a lot of firearm parts to this member and the USPS has never wronged me before. I'm pretty worried but I'm hoping all be ok. To top that off, I have 2 pixels that have gone out on my 65" TV. This problem will only get worse as it expands in the coming weeks. My wife pointed out the damage to the TV today when I got home. I'm just ranting in here because I can't yell at anyone. Not expecting a response but I feel a tiny bit better by typing it all out while I drink some crown.

What brand/type TV?

Last edited:

Vec

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 8, 2015
    suburbs
    "friends don't let friends ship USPS"

if someone has to ship me something i will pay extra to have it shipped UPS and insured for the full amount+.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    "friends don't let friends ship USPS"

if someone has to ship me something i will pay extra to have it shipped UPS and insured for the full amount+.

I have been having MAJOR problems with mail delivery the past 2 months or so.

I got a package delivered this past Tuesday (Sept. 22) that up until the time it was delivered showed an "expected delivery time" of Thursday, Sept. 17th.

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    A few years ago, Amazon almost always shipped stuff I ordered UPS and I never had a problem. Now most stuff is USPS and I've had things late or not received at all.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Never use the USPS for firearms...I only use UPS and I insure them everytime.

Shudder every time I see Amazon send Prime shipping through USPS.
    Ordered a DVR on Saturday, guaranteed delivery for Monday, arrived Tuesday.

Factory seal on box was broken, no manual, parts partially unwrapped, and it was obvious it had been broken into, in transit. Despite the lack of manual, got it working and it seems fine, but I bitched at Amazon for the third time this year over USPS substandard service.

Amazon offered to replace, refund, or take $70 discount.
    Since it works, took the money.
    Figured if it starts costing them, they'll realize the wisdom of shipping through a quasi govt agency who employees thieves.

karlac

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Very not true! Shipping of high end NFA is best shipped USPS Registered Mail. Fedex & UPS won't pay off claims on high dollar items.

I'd have to agree with Registered mail.
    Have a gem dealer friend who ships his stones via USPS Registered.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Sorry to hear about your troubles, but rest assured your are not alone!

Just this past week we've had both $700+ dollars in air conditioning repairs and had to spend an additional $300+ to replace a TV that just stopped functioning. Of course, all this happens while I was TDY to Turkey. Seems like it always happens when I'm gone.

And, in a mail-related rant, I sent some Smarties (European chocolate candies) that I mailed from Incirlik Air Base on 14 September and they just arrived in New York (the APO entry point). That's ten days, hell I've been back almost three! Had I know then would take this long, I would have just hand-carried them back!

Lastly, I just realized the nice 1911 grips I just bought aren't for 1911 ambidextrous safeties! Now I have to either figure out a way to modify them or just put them on my GI 1911, which I wasn't planning on doing.

But honestly, if that's the worst we have to deal with, I think we should consider ourselves lucky!

Hope it gets better!

Cheers! M2

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    i had my cell phone fall ou of my shirt pocket yesterday and now the screen doesnt work. im not due for an upgrade until february. all my spare cash is tied up in a pair of arisaka projects i have going AND i have to buy my wife a new phone because hers has not been working for almost a year now (well it works but the screen never turns off and it drains the battery in about 30 minutes...). so now im going to get her a new phone for her birthday this weekend. i was going to get a new car for her because we have too many asses and not enough seats in the frontier. by the way, the frontier was my ex wifes but i got it in the divorce and i currently owe $6000+ more than its worth so it looks like im not going to be able to get rid of this thing for another couple mononths. i like the truck, except every time i see it i remember it was my ex's. my wife really likes the truck, except that it was my ex's. i hate that whole situation...

also, i have 4 children. all of them girls...

i still get out of bed and work my butt off everyday. money is money. things is things. both can be replaced, though sometimes it may hurt your budget for a little while. it could always be worse.

a while back i started saying "without the bitter the sweet couldnt be as sweet." basically meaning without the bad things the good things wouldnt seem so good. keep your head up.

karlac

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Soon as you finally weaken and splurge on something, $omething unexpected alway$ come$ up.

Today it was a $720 AC repair bill on the upstairs unit that went out last night.
    Last week it was an $800 ER vet bill.

Had a feeling when I bought that recliner/loveseat combo Linda had her heart set on two weeks ago ...
    But the house is cool, and it sure is nice to sit and watch Longmire together with the pup.

Last edited:

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    I ordered some OpusX cigars a couple years ago from a member on here. He ships them from DFW to Houston, USPS lost them for 3 weeks...they were completely dried out when I finally got them.

The bright side is they fully recovered and smoked wonderfully.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Orbie

Born Texan
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    San Antonio
    Wow. After reading some of yalls responses, I don't feel so bad. Also I got a text yesterday afternoon that my upper and barrel arrived. I freaked out because I paid priority shipping and it should have been 2 days instead of 7.

Top Bottom