• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • San Antone RR

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    San Antonio
    7 shots into a target on concrete with residences 30 or 40 yards across the street? I hope the camera angle was MUCH different than the shot angle or those guys are going to be in some real trouble with their superior officers.

The suppressor doesn't seem to do much.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Kinda ballsy to be shooting a gun in a neighborhood, but unless you are listening for it a suppressed .22 doesn't attract much attention.

There's some smarter ways of dealing with the snake in my opinion, but a rimfire pistol isn't exactly a killing machine after the round has ricocheted off concrete and zipped a quarter mile away.

swsmailman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    East Texas
    Easiest way to deal with snakes when I was growing up was grab the shovel by the door and cut its head off, where is this guy located anyways?

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    The shooting was all good. The one guy apparently was the sheriff.

But seriously, I'm surprised that house across the street didn't take a few ricochets, and might have, but just didn't strike glass.

San Antone RR

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    San Antonio
    House directly downrange is on the market. Bet the realtor won't be the happiest person in the neighborhood when the prospective buyers ask about the driveby. Camera angle and shot angle appear to be pretty close and those 22 rounds will certainly have carried as far as that house.

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    He said they found all the slugs.

I don't think I would have wanted to get that close to that frackin' snamke. Cottonmouths can get damned agressive!

Outbreak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2010
    Abilene, TX
    Honestly, I'm a relatively new homeowner.I don't own a shovel yet.

Right now, if I found a snake on my driveway, it's the .40 snakeshot I have laying around. My uncle gave me a couple rounds of it. Once my .22 Sparrow gets in, and the form 4 comes back, the p22 with the can will probably be the weapon of choice.

Burt Gummer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Williamson County
    Before I saw the "sheriff" shirt I thought these were a bunch of d-bag stoners or something.

This is ridiculous, shooting a snake in a residential area, poorly I might add, then posting you in uniform on You Tube.
    What a genius.
    If you are going to do something idiotic and dangerous, don't advertise your department on video.

MiTX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Austin
    I killed the last snake that trespassed on my lawn with rocks!
    Wounded it with the first one, killed it with the second.
    It was a 4 1/2 rattlesnake and he was not a happy camper.
    I cannot shoot out here, as the houses are too close, but after it tried to strike my daughter that bad boy was gonna die!
    They are easier to kill when coiled up.

Burt Gummer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Williamson County
    I killed the last snake that trespassed on my lawn with rocks!
    Wounded it with the first one, killed it with the second.
    It was a 4 1/2 rattlesnake and he was not a happy camper.
    I cannot shoot out here, as the houses are too close, but after it tried to strike my daughter that bad boy was gonna die!
    They are easier to kill when coiled up.

I kill em with a shovel or bricks/rocks. Shooting in a neighborhood is reckless.

Double Naught Spy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    North Texas
    Took Herpetology with James Dixon around 1990. He liked to start of every class with a couple anecdotal musings, usually accompanied by newspaper clippings, photographs, or brief video. After a while, several patterns emerged in regard to how people often deal with snakes and gators that are not very good.

When dispatching snakes, people often choose an implement that is too short for the job. There were several incidents of people getting bitten as a result of trying to use machetes and a few that were bitten trying to use hoes or shovels. Several more folks were bitten because they tried to use a stick.

When it came to the use of firearms, many of the folks that are especially paranoid about snakes tended to have some of the poorest decision making abilities about when and where to discharge their guns. There were several folks who managed to shoot themselves in the foot , apparently after stepping on a snake. One guy managed to shoot both feet, once each with a shotgun. There were a few buddy shoots as well where the shootee was either still on or close to a snake when the shooter discharged his gun, shooting his buddy along with the snake. My favorite was the guy that shot out the bottom of the cabin cruiser with a shotgun because a cottonmouth had climbed into the boat and was sunning itself on the rear deck.

Dixon also explained how to not approach an alligator, rolling up his sleeve to show us the bite marks.

WhoDat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    Austin, TX
    Yup.

I hate Moccasins, but their were lots of better ways to kill that vermin. Personally, I would have opted for death via Nissan.

I killed several dozen Cotton Mouths with a Daisy 880, when I was a kid. So, I don't see the need for shooting a .22, in a suburb.

But Moccasins do need killing. I had a co-worker bitten by one of them, in his garage. He almost lost his arm. And, now that I have young kids, stuff like that dies. Now, this video has reminded me to patrol the acre of land I just moved to. Grabbing the shovel and Gamo, now... LOL I'll post pics of anything I kill.

Not very smart discharging a firearm towards concrete or in a neighborhood, use a shovel .

Top Bottom