• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Anyone have any input on what the affect of high price ammo is having on gun ranges,personally I'm concerned if this situation continues with the loss of quality places to shoot. Short term we may see more shooters out at the range long term not sure.

jasont

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Houston
    Cost and availability of ammo will improve in the coming months and eventually get back to normal. I don't go to public ranges but the one I drive by often has been packed the last few weeks.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    The one I go to has been fairly busy on the rifle range but the pistol range hasn't seen as much action.

I think it has more to do with availability than cost. It's still reasonably priced at academy and WM when they have it.

1stpalindrone

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2013
    Denton Area
    Im with Younggun, granted there are a lot of folks price gouging ammo I think range time is more about being able to find ammo to play. I figured I'd have more room at the ranges I frequent the last few months but it's been packed at several ranges lately, even during the day.. More on the rifle range but plenty out with pistols too.

satx-satx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    San Antonio, TX
    In San Antonio the pistol ranges have been packed. A Place to Shoot's range had ammo in stock, but I didn't check how much or what they were charging. The one trend I am seeing is a lot of new shooters at the range.

Top Bottom