Join TexasGunTalk

Coronavirus Epidemic

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by gdr_11, Jan 29, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheDan

TheDan 4th Best Member TGT Supporter

Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    WTF!
    https://gov.texas.gov/news/post/gov...ary-closure-of-state-parks-and-historic-sites

I'm glad I went to Inks Lake on Sunday... It was really nice to get out of the house and hike around. I was planning on hitting up more parks, but I guess that's done.

Fishing is supposedly still an "allowed" activity. Where do y'all fish that isn't a park or private property?

jordanmills and seeker_two like this.
  2. kbaxter60

kbaxter60 Hill Country State of Mind

Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
  3. Davetex

Davetex TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Mar 27, 2010
    Pflugerville
    We still need his approval though. LOL

4. Vaquero

Vaquero San Saba Songbird

Apr 4, 2011
    Out West
    Heh

jordanmills, Southpaw and Dad_Roman like this.
  5. gdr_11

gdr_11 Well-Known

Aug 1, 2014
    My focus has been on minimizing transmission (nosocomial infections) rather than the treatment after the fact, so I am not qualified to comment on the mechanics of how the virus impacts the body or the efficacy of any treatments.

One of the realities that many cant grasp is that physicians and their medical scientific colleagues often have little background in prevention because their education, training and practices focus on treatment and not prevention. A good analogy is that doctors want to advise patients on nutrition based on the outcomes of poor eating habits. In reality, most have minimal nutrition education in medical school and only a few invest precious time in advanced nutrition education after graduation. A nutritionist or other para health professional is much more qualified on this subject than any doctor, including the Surgeon General.

Infectious control programs in hospitals are seldom, if ever, headed up by doctors because the reality of how bacteria and viruses move from one person to another is outside the parameters of medicine. This leads to organizations like the CDC issuing control recommendations that may not be the best methods for control. An example if this is that, across the country, institutions have blood borne pathogen kits to clean up body fluids with a sodium hypochlorite (bleach) solution rather than a broad spectrum disinfectant-detergent which would be more effective and far less hazardous.

So, I limit my comments to what I know and refrain from commenting outside of that. Medical professionals, however, are quick to offer opinions which is why we see all of the contradictory and ever changing flow of information.

All I have tried to do is to advise people how to stay safe in the face of all of the fear mongering

6. avvidclif

avvidclif Sturgis '95, RFTW 2010

Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    I think I saw a pair of those the other day while digging thru some stuff. Container and all.

7. robertc1024

robertc1024 Moderator Staff Member Moderator TGT Supporter

Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Vaquero likes this.
  8. Vaquero

Vaquero San Saba Songbird

Apr 4, 2011
    Out West
    Woke

9. Davetex

Davetex TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Mar 27, 2010
    Pflugerville
    Gdr_11.....Thank you sir.

10. DubiousDan

DubiousDan TGT Addict

May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    I'm waiting for someone to name a racehorse AOC.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.