• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I had my timing off a little bit. Normally I like my hash crispy. I cook it in the air fryer. My eggs were about a minute to long, but still had plenty of yolk
    Capitol Armory ad

Attachments

• IMG_1603.jpeg
      IMG_1603.jpeg
      385.9 KB · Views: 32

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    I had my timing off a little bit. Normally I like my hash crispy. I cook it in the air fryer. My eggs were about a minute to long, but still had plenty of yolk
    needs ketchup or hot sauce

I like a good CBH. Got some scrapple in the freezer I might have to thaw for breakfast. Serve it with eggs and homemade bread toast.

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    As much as I like Corned Beef Hash, I'd rather eat the Roast Beef Hash, but have not seen it since move up here.
    If it's the Hormel Mary Kitchen Roast Beef Hash you're looking for, the Walmarts around here usually have it; we keep it well stocked, not as salty as the CB and it fries up nice and crispy.

How do you make your eggs? Never seen them rounded like that.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    If it's the Hormel Mary Kitchen Roast Beef Hash you're looking for, the Walmarts around here usually have it; we keep it well stocked, not as salty as the CB and it fries up nice and crispy.

How do you make your eggs? Never seen them rounded like that.
    Poached egg pan. I can’t make them old school way. This is your basic double boiler. There plate that fits inside the rim on top of the pan. It has the holes for the eggcups + holes to allow steam on top. There is also a clear vented lid.

Fill the pan with water to the fill line an drop in the plate. I spray the egg cups with Pam+ a dab of butter before adding the eggs to the cups. Top with the clear lid and in 3 minutes the eggs are to my liking.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Thanks! I never did try poaching anything. Your result is like my steam method in the skillet, and shaped fancier.:)
    I love poached eggs. I think it goes back to as a kid if sick we were fed poaching eggs on toast.

I have out of boredom watched poached eggs videos on YouTube. That water in a pan method leaving the whites sprawled out getting trimmed to make them more uniform cracks me up.

I was also surprised by if you have to make several in say a restaurant once poached the egg goes into an ice bath to stop cooking. Then a quick dip in the boiling water and a good amount of Hollandaise sauce no one’s knows any difference.

There seems to be several different methods and contraption to poaching eggs

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    needs ketchup or hot sauce

I like a good CBH. Got some scrapple in the freezer I might have to thaw for breakfast. Serve it with eggs and homemade bread toast.
    You can see the bottom of the Cholula bottle in the top of the picture. I’m not sure if I like the Cholula on this or Tabasco. Really the best thing on poached eggs is Hollandaise Sauce.

Top Bottom