Not open for further replies.

ShmeatDealer

World-Class Hunter
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2024
    Canyon, TX, USA
    Disclaimer: I am jaded and Biased against the police in this nation. This is not a personal attack on every individual Law Enforcement Officer, this is a generalized rant, I understand that most of you will not agree.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hate Cops. I worked as a Federal Law Enforcement Operator for a year and a half, and the folks that worked with me and my outfit are the reason I do not do it today, these people drove me to take up my hobby as my main job, and it has been a blessing, but I feel as though people in my camp (politically) are oxymoronic when it comes to this stuff, and I want to have a conversation about it.

For the same reasons I used to hate liberals and leftists for hating cops, while also hating guns and personal defense, I have began to disdain the bootlicking right. How can people that say they are pro-freedom, champion personal defense, challenge gun laws, and claim to love their neighbors simultaneously be advocates for the literal fingertips of the system that would take their rights? I’m not saying we need NO policing, but the current trajectory is straight into authoritarianism. Any time I talk to someone about the issue, it gets conflated with “defunding” or “abolishing” police, but what I think almost every American would really agree on is that the way these agencies are organized clearly doesn’t work, and neither does the prison system, and they need to change.

When the party that says “Don’t send Ukraine Money, it doesn’t work” is the party that keeps the checks blank for police efforts, doesn’t it seem odd? Doesn’t it seem strange that our own, domestic system doesn’t work and our solution is to, no matter what, give them more resources? I think that if we are going to, as a society, keep cops around and well funded, the very idea needs to change entirely.

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    I'm not going to say that 100% of LE officers are good guys, but the VAST majority I have met are. Just like the people here on TGT, most are great people, but there is a sprinkling of assholes.

I support the police and see their frustration when being hamstrung with criminals that have way too many rights.

DaBull

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 19, 2021
    San Antonio, TX
    Cops may appear to be authoritarian during stops and calls, but I think that is a survival mode given the dangerous parts of the city they are asked to patrol. They scream orders, get physical, draw down, and take proactive precautions so they can go home at the end of their shift. For that they are called racist because much of their aggressive behavior is oriented toward the minorities who live in the areas they patrol.

Compare this behavior to a soldier in Fallujah or Kandahar. The soldier is convoying down a hostile city street, watching ever man, burkha'd woman, and kids' hands for a weapon or hostile intent, ready to shoot to defend the convoy at a moments notice. Get too close and you might get a burst of 5.56 or 7.62 overhead or into your engine block. Are they racist because all of the civilians around them are brown? Nope. They are in survival mode and it is entirely justified.

I think cops in cities with a crime problem are operating in an environment that looks a little too much like hostile territory, particularly given the recent defund the police and F the Police movements that have taken hold.

Last edited:

Mills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2020
    Texas
    IMG_7243.gif

ShmeatDealer

World-Class Hunter
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2024
    Canyon, TX, USA
    Cops may appear to be authoritarian during stops and calls, but I think that is a survival mode given the dangerous parts of the city they are asked to patrol. They scream orders, get physical, draw down, and take proactive precautions so they can go home at the end of their shift.

I worked under the Department of Homeland security, there were times I was with joint task forces with PD’s and other agencies. I have respect for the guys that make it to a certain level and are dedicated to actual police work, but the career revenue collectors and general unsightly appearance of most cops is enough to make one sick.

Any law that is enforced by fine is only impacting the middle class and their families. Anyone that feels and swears a duty to uphold the law, must uphold all laws. Granted the amount of laws that are unjust, the oath bound are actors of injustices, otherwise they are liars that break sworn oaths, right?

ShmeatDealer

World-Class Hunter
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2024
    Canyon, TX, USA
    Yes. Did you really operate with blank checks?
    I could be mistaken, but I don't believe most police departments have that...
    Figure of speech, I meant that as a whole, law enforcement is given an excess of resources and money, beyond what is necessary for operational costs and it isn’t sustainable or efficient. It also isn’t conducive to a safer nation.

DaBull

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 19, 2021
    San Antonio, TX
    I have respect for the guys that make it to a certain level and are dedicated to actual police work, but the career revenue collectors and general unsightly appearance of most cops is enough to make one sick.

Any law that is enforced by fine is only impacting the middle class and their families. Anyone that feels and swears a duty to uphold the law, must uphold all laws. Granted the amount of laws that are unjust, the oath bound are actors of injustices, otherwise they are liars that break sworn oaths, right?
    Is a career revenue collector a cop that works speed traps and writes tickets to fund the town/city/county? I would think that has more to do with the guys working at that certain higher level and their poor budgetary habits (given you say law enforcement is funded beyond their needs) than a personal choice.

By unsightly appearance, do you mean overweight? Unpredictable meal times means unhealthy fast food, or missed meals that end in food binges. Shift work disrupts fitness habits and disrupts sleep which is linked to both overeating and fat stores. Stressful jobs also affect overeating and fat stores through stress hormone release and by disrupting sleep as above. There is a personal responsibility component, but the context is against them.

As for breaking their oaths, I don't think anyone is in favor of corruption. But that is different from discretion. Personally, I would rather get a fine that go to jail. The "speeding ticket bank account" can accept unlimited funds; a jail has limited bed space. Glad cops have the discretion to save time and jail space by writing fines when it makes sense.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom