Hurley's Gold

Cops followed me home after the Saxet gunshow!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    the police don't need a reason to stop you. they will make up what ever they can to stop you. i was pulled over for making a right hand turn from the middle lane when i didn't, after they ran my license i asked the policeman what the real reason why he stopped me, he told the the neighborhood i live in has some drug activity and it was about 3am {i was called in for a problem}. so you see they will just make up what they want to. some times it might be for a good reason, or maybe not. I told my wife one day that a policeman can come into your house and shoot you dead just for his fun, all he has to do is start yelling don't touch that gun! and your dead, he might get in trouble, but your still dead. and i know most police are law abiding people 99%, but history shows not all, after all all police are human.

Welcome to the Forum!

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    the police don't need a reason to stop you. they will make up what ever they can to stop you. i was pulled over for making a right hand turn from the middle lane when i didn't, after they ran my license i asked the policeman what the real reason why he stopped me, he told the the neighborhood i live in has some drug activity and it was about 3am {i was called in for a problem}. so you see they will just make up what they want to. some times it might be for a good reason, or maybe not. I told my wife one day that a policeman can come into your house and shoot you dead just for his fun, all he has to do is start yelling don't touch that gun! and your dead, he might get in trouble, but your still dead. and i know most police are law abiding people 99%, but history shows not all, after all all police are human.

upload_2019-8-10_15-4-46.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2019-8-10_15-4-46.jpeg
      upload_2019-8-10_15-4-46.jpeg
      9 KB · Views: 375

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    . . . AANNDDD, we're off and running again!

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I was followed out of Georgetown while moving out of an apartment.

It could have been because I locked the keys inside and kicked the door open before hauling a bunch of stuff down to a flatbed trailer, idk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sublime

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2019
    Dallas
    Did I tell you'll about the time we blocked the entrances to a street that broke off into three cul de sacs? Teens were all over and coolers of alcohol abounded. We made them pour it out but we seized about 3 coolers. They never made it into property. We use to have cash pots in briefing to whoever violated the civil Rights of the most people on any given shift. We always profiled whites that were in the black part of town. Of course any black guy in the white section was automatically guilty of something.
    The good old days.....

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Mohawk600

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    Did I tell you'll about the time we blocked the entrances to a street that broke off into three cul de sacs? Teens were all over and coolers of alcohol abounded. We made them pour it out but we seized about 3 coolers. They never made it into property. We use to have cash pots in briefing to whoever violated the civil Rights of the most people on any given shift. We always profiled whites that were in the black part of town. Of course any black guy in the white section was automatically guilty of something.
    The good old days.....

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    wow

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    When I was 16 years old, a cop took a small bag of marijuana from me, put it in his front pocket and said his girlfriend was really going to enjoy smoking it. I grabbed my crotch area, shook it up and down, and told him not as much as she liked smoking this last night.
    If you're not a dumbass you could have avoided this incident.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Cool story brah.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    I've been written up for chicken-shit stuff before - light over the license plate (years ago it was a bulb and the cop kicked it with his toe and broke it in order to write up the ticket) and the infamous partially blocked license plate (the dealer plate holder just barely touched the top of the capital "T" in Texas). Stopping someone turning into their own driveway for a turn signal is equally chicken-shit. I'm probably 99.9% pro-LEO, but when they do stuff like that, it really pisses me off. There is that small percentage of cops that are just ass-hats, or those who are doing the dirty work for the major ass-hats running the government.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I've been written up for chicken-shit stuff before - light over the license plate (years ago it was a bulb and the cop kicked it with his toe and broke it in order to write up the ticket) and the infamous partially blocked license plate (the dealer plate holder just barely touched the top of the capital "T" in Texas). Stopping someone turning into their own driveway for a turn signal is equally chicken-shit. I'm probably 99.9% pro-LEO, but when they do stuff like that, it really pisses me off. There is that small percentage of cops that are just ass-hats, or those who are doing the dirty work for the major ass-hats running the government.

Knowing and working with a lot cops, the vast majority of the time they use such tactics (i.e. pull someone over for small items) it is because they suspect something else is at foot (i.e. someone cruising in a known drug area late at night) and it gives them the probable cause to make the stop. While some make consider it trivial and even bordering on harassment, they are still within the law in doing so.

I volunteer to help train police cadets, and the main reason I do so is it helps them make mistakes and even better, learn lessons in a training environment before they start patrolling the streets. A second reason is I learn a lot from these sessions, and not only know the law better from them, but also know what is being taught to the recruits. The law is constantly changing, and it's an excellent opportunity to keep up on it. Lastly, it can be very entertaining. I may have a slight case of Schadenfreude, but as long as their mistakes don't have serious consequences being they are made in a training audience; watching these aspiring peace officers screw up in creative ways can be good for a laugh. Recently while we were in the middle of one scenario, a "shots fired" call came over the radio (it is one a dedicated channel, so the dispatchers know it's the academy doing training) from another scenario. The two cadets from our scenario ran off to respond, as that is what they are taught to and should do in a real world situation. But this was night tactics training. The FTO had to chase them down to tell them to stick with the scenario they were in. He did acknowledge that under normal circumstances, they made the right call. Another scenario had cadet take a weapon (a blue simunition Glock) taken from a criminal who had been shot in a gunfight and place it on the sidewalk. That confused me as I had never seen it done before. Turns out the FTOs tell the cadets that with training weapons used in scenarios that are functional (we use several with blanks as simunition sounds like paint ball guns and not real weapons), they are not to secure them as they normally would given the hazards over the blue training guns. When the come in contact with such an item while the scenario is playing out, they place it to the side and tell the FTO running the scenario it's secure. Unfortunately, this cadet didn't realize that only meant functional training weapons, and not the blue Glocks!

My second point with those stories is to emphasize that cops are people too, and do make mistakes. Hopefully they will always be minor ones that they can laugh at afterward, but given the stress of the job and the broad issues they have to deal with, I will always give a peace officer a little latitude as I respect and appreciate what they do and put up with on a daily basis to keep all of us safe!

Top Bottom