• ...and so much more!
  • deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I have a gas grill and keep 2 of my three bottles full. My grill also has a single pot burner.

Also have a Coleman cook stove which I converted to propane. I have 10-12 of the little propane bottles. If I run out of that I can reconnect the Coleman fuel can. I have 2 gallons of Coleman fuel.

I also have some little solid fuel canisters with a small cooking surface made for them.

If all that don’t work I have a bbq smoker that has a firebox with a grate I can grill on with my big pile of firewood.
    Venture Surplus ad

Last edited:

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I have a gas grill and keep 2 of my three bottles full. My grill also has a single pot burner.

Also have a Coleman cook stove which I converted to propane. I have 10-12 of the little propane bottles. If I run out of that I can reconnect the Coleman fuel can.

I also have some little solid fuel canisters with a small cooking surface made for them.

If all that don’t work I have a bbq smoker that has a firebox with a grate I can grill on with my big pile of firewood.
    I have a Coleman dual-fuel two burner stove that uses gasoline or the Coleman fuel plus my grill and smoker

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    I have a gas stove/oven and a wood burning fireplace. Which I used during the 3 days of our last freeze and loss of electricity.

ETA ; I also have a 5000 watt generator I can start up so the wife will have the fridge, TV and some lights going. And keep my securty cameras working.

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    1666244453506.png
    1666244608132.png
    1666244531152.png

reddog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2013
    Terlingua
    Living off grid you get to see a lot of methods of getting around the no power thing. You can get 2-3-4-6 burner gas stoves that fit on a counter or have their own folding legs and run off a propane tank, 20# of gas will last forever cooking. There are gas griddles that are larger and then of course gas grills and the wood fired and charcoal grills. There are always the colman stoves, they will run fine on unleaded but I'd use them outside, the only problem I've had with them is getting clogged nozzle and poor burn. I myself currently am using a full size propane stove in my kitchen running off of a 30# bottle that I fill maybe once a year with all the cooking and baking that my family does.

Royalecheese

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2017
    Until my wife showed me I was wrong and bought me a Kamado Joe I had no idea how inferior my previous attempts to cook meat really were.
    62C7C83A-A955-42B1-93F2-81BD67747FA3.jpeg
    1966B829-5C46-43D8-9455-E6D810A91C73.jpeg

I wasn’t so stupid that I gave into her asking me to throw away the propane grill…. but I haven’t used it in three years.

O.S.O.K. 1961

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2018
    SATX Northwest Quadrant
    Until my wife showed me I was wrong and bought me a Kamado Joe I had no idea how inferior my previous attempts to cook meat really were.
    View attachment 350464 View attachment 350465
    I wasn’t so stupid that I gave into her asking me to throw away the propane grill…. but I haven’t used it in three years.
    My son has one of those and loves it. I do have to say, it's a bit of a rigamarole to use... and I guess you need the special charcoal? I personally like the simplicity of a wood fire. Especially since I can get a cords of wood delivered for very reasonable prices.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    View attachment 350464 View attachment 350465
    Is this one that Costco sells? Pop bought the Costco one, and he loves it. Meat turns out so good too! Last time I looked they were over $900. He offered to buy me one, but I don’t think I could afford the meat to cook in it. Maybe I should just buy the smoker myself and let him supply my briskets.

Royalecheese

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2017
    My son has one of those and loves it. I do have to say, it's a bit of a rigamarole to use... and I guess you need the special charcoal? I personally like the simplicity of a wood fire. Especially since I can get a cords of wood delivered for very reasonable prices.
    I use the lump wood charcoal as recommended (B & B brand in my case), but would not want to go back to briquettes. I get B & B from Kroger and it costs $12 for a bag. Best of all I can get a dozen or so uses per bag. I guess it breaks down to about the same cost over time, but I am in love with the taste and can‘t go back now.

Top Bottom