• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoytinak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas of course
    Anyone here done it? I picked up a new 10/22 Friday, ordered a Green Mountain .17HM2 barrel and a heavier bolt handle and extra power spring (to slow the action down) and Tuffer Buffer that will be here tomorrow. This should be all that's needed from what I've read on rimfirecentral, so....we'll see next weekend when I get a chance to try it out.

Also is it bad that I've already picked up 500 rounds of .17HM2 and I don't even have the rifle built yet?

A pic of my new 10/22. :p
    [/URL
    Guns International

mclarenross

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thats all I did. I got in on one of Green Mountain's sales and bought a 17" HM2 barrel for one of mine for $23. Got a heavy bolt handle and spring from one of the guys on RFC (dont remember who) and went to shootin. It shoots MOA out to ~75. My little 4x scope and wind past that make groups open up a bit. Havent had a single FTF or FTE yet. I shot a dragon fly that landed on the target stand at 50 yards with it.

P.S. No its not weird to have bullets for a gun you havent build yet. My Dad has ~500 loaded rounds and that many again in loading components for 6.8 SPC and is still waiting on an upper.

We have 35 Whelen ammo for a Mauser were building and still havent ordered a barrel.

9x19

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    I run a 17" Green Mountain barrel (made for the 96/22, but the shank is the same size as the 10/22) and a Magnum Research heavy bolt handle. Mine runs fine and is more accurate than I can hold off-hand!

[FONT]
    1017C.gif
    [/FONT]

hoytinak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas of course
    You can only convert a .22lr to .17HM2 or a .22WMR to .17HMR.

I got my 19" .17HM2 Green Mountain barrel and heavier charging handle in yesterday. Still waiting on the Hogue stock I ordered, it should be here Thursday so hopefully I'll have a little range report this weekend.

Top Bottom