• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jtriron

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2010
    HoustonTexas
    Looking into buying an AR 15 complete gun. Is there any advantage to ordering online as opposed to buying outright here in Houston ? What's the method of the transfer if I decide to order online ? And suggestions will be much appreciated.
    Capitol Armory ad

AusTex

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    Find the gun from out of state(no sales tax) purchase the gun. Find the nearest gun shop, gun smith, pawn, whatever shop that carriers a FFL (Federal Firearms License). Get the Fax #, Email address, Or shipping address from the Seller of the gun and ask them how they prefer to receive a FFL. Most are accepting Fax at this point in time. Now you go to your local shop that you will have the gun shipped to and say I need you to send/fax/email a copy of your FFL to ( Mr seller ).

They send out their FFL to the seller, the seller receives the FFL, The Seller packs up the gun and ships it to your FFL dealer. When the gun comes in you go down to your FFL dealer and pay their fee, fill out the paperwork like any other gun purchase, get approved and take that puppy home.

Call around in your area some FFL's charge $40.00 per transfer this is ridiculous... I would not pay more than $20 and I have not payed more than $10.00 down here in Austin for the past few years.

Ohh and if you buy the gun complete from an INDIVIDUAL you go find a gun shop(ffl carrier) and ask them will you accept firearms from private individuals? If they say yes you tell your seller to include a photo copy of his drivers license and give the seller the address to your gun shop and have him put that sucker in the mail.

Also word for the wise.. Please ask the seller of the gun to really pack the gun appropriately. Meaning don't put it in a soft case and put it in a box. Have them put it in a hard case, use the air bags, re enforce with cardboard! Do whatever they have to do to get it safe. I recently purchased a $1500 rifle and by the time it got to Austin it was smashed. Fortunately for me there was a small part that came loose inside the gun case that scratched up the barrel. Because of those scratches we knew that damage had occurred. My gun smith went out and tested the rifle and he could not get the gun to hold 2 inch groups at 100 yards. The barrel had been tweaked and bent. If it was not for those scratches I probably would have just taken to gun and gone and had myself a very expensive very non-accurate gun.

jtriron

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2010
    HoustonTexas
    Find the gun from out of state(no sales tax) purchase the gun. Find the nearest gun shop, gun smith, pawn, whatever shop that carriers a FFL (Federal Firearms License). Get the Fax #, Email address, Or shipping address from the Seller of the gun and ask them how they prefer to receive a FFL. Most are accepting Fax at this point in time. Now you go to your local shop that you will have the gun shipped to and say I need you to send/fax/email a copy of your FFL to ( Mr seller ).

They send out their FFL to the seller, the seller receives the FFL, The Seller packs up the gun and ships it to your FFL dealer. When the gun comes in you go down to your FFL dealer and pay their fee, fill out the paperwork like any other gun purchase, get approved and take that puppy home.

Call around in your area some FFL's charge $40.00 per transfer this is ridiculous... I would not pay more than $20 and I have not payed more than $10.00 down here in Austin for the past few years.

Ohh and if you buy the gun complete from an INDIVIDUAL you go find a gun shop(ffl carrier) and ask them will you accept firearms from private individuals? If they say yes you tell your seller to include a photo copy of his drivers license and give the seller the address to your gun shop and have him put that sucker in the mail.

Also word for the wise.. Please ask the seller of the gun to really pack the gun appropriately. Meaning don't put it in a soft case and put it in a box. Have them put it in a hard case, use the air bags, re enforce with cardboard! Do whatever they have to do to get it safe. I recently purchased a $1500 rifle and by the time it got to Austin it was smashed. Fortunately for me there was a small part that came loose inside the gun case that scratched up the barrel. Because of those scratches we knew that damage had occurred. My gun smith went out and tested the rifle and he could not get the gun to hold 2 inch groups at 100 yards. The barrel had been tweaked and bent. If it was not for those scratches I probably would have just taken to gun and gone and had myself a very expensive very non-accurate gun.

Thanks Bro. good info.

Top Bottom