• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    This is the latest communication from Senator Ted Cruz.

Flash

April 30, 2013
    Greetings,​
    Last week, I attended a memorial service for those lost in the tragic explosion in West, Texas. The outpouring of support for the community has been extremely encouraging, but they still need your help. Click here to see what you can do.​
    As we enter this week's recess for state work, I look forward to the opportunity to meet with many of you to hear how we can better champion growth and opportunity, get our fiscal house in order, and address the many challenges facing our nation.​
    Before the Senate adjourned for the recess, it moved to advance a job-killing measure to tax Internet purchases, and the Senate Judiciary Committee held hearings on the Gang of Eight's immigration bill. Please keep reading for more and share this newsletter with your Facebook friends and Twitter followers.​
    All the best,​
    tedcruzsig.png

Ted Cruz​
    STOP THE INTERNET TAX
    On Thursday, the Senate voted to proceed to the Internet sales tax bill. Unfortunately, the Senate Majority Leader scheduled the vote while Sen. Cruz was in Texas attending the memorial service for the West explosion. Had Sen. Cruz been present, he would have emphatically voted against this legislation because he believes the Internet should remain a haven for entrepreneurial growth. We should protect and cherish the freedom of the Internet -- not pass a massive new Internet sales tax that would impose billions of dollars of new taxes on America's small businesses.​
    In addition to being bad policy, Sen. Cruz also opposes the way this legislation has been pushed through the Senate -- skipping the committee process in an attempt to stifle debate. That is why Sen. Cruz joined a bipartisan coalition of senators urging Sen. Harry Reid to allow for a thorough vetting of the bill through regular order.​
    SECURING THE BORDER
    On Tuesday, Sen. Cruz questioned Department of Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano about the border security measures included in the Gang of Eight's immigration bill. Sen. Cruz asked, "If there are no objective metrics, if it is simply the subjective assessment of a host of factors, how can we have any confidence that the border will be secured and that any trigger will be meaningful?"​
    Secretary Napolitano failed to provide specific, measureable ways DHS would verify border security if the immigration bill was made law and millions of illegal immigrants were given legal status. Sen. Cruz believes that we must have a clear definition of what metrics must be reached in order for the border to be secure. He wasn't satisfied with the answers provided at the hearing, and it still remains unclear how the provision in the bill will help achieve a secure border -- a goal that should receive bipartisan support.​
    FREEDOM MINUTE
    In his "Freedom Minute" segment this week, Sen. Cruz reflected on the tragedies in Boston and West, and the tremendous display of resiliency and the American Spirit in both communities. Listen to the "Freedom Minute" here and then share it with your friends.​
    CBS NEWS PROFILE
    On Wednesday, CBS News ran a profile piece on Sen. Cruz and his fight to champion liberty and the Constitution in the Senate. Watch and share the video.​

Austin Office
    300 E. 8th St, Suite #961
    Austin, TX 78701
    Phone: (512) 916-5834​
    Dallas Office
    10440 N Central Expwy, Suite #1160
    Dallas, TX 75231
    Phone: (214) 361-3500​
    Houston Office
    1919 Smith St., Suite #800
    Houston, TX 77002
    Phone: (713) 653-3456​
    San Antonio Office
    3133 General Hudnell Dr., Suite # 120
    San Antonio, TX 78226
    Phone: (210) 340-2885​
    Washington Office
    B40B Dirksen Senate Office Building
    Washington, DC 20510
    Phone: (202) 224-5922​

Guns International

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I called Senator Cruz's office this morning, thanked him for his service and asked if he could look into the house to house searches conducted in Boston. I posted about this in Yahoo and one Liberal responded saying that those searches were "voluntary." According to my information, "voluntary" went something like this:

"Let us search your home. If you refuse, we will return with a warrant, drag you out in handcuffs, at gunpoint and search anyway!"

The LEO's in Boston made a mockery of Civil and Constitutional Rights over ONE 19 year old criminal!

Flash

XinTX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    South of Houston
    I called Senator Cruz's office this morning, thanked him for his service and asked if he could look into the house to house searches conducted in Boston. I posted about this in Yahoo and one Liberal responded saying that those searches were "voluntary." According to my information, "voluntary" went something like this:

"Let us search your home. If you refuse, we will return with a warrant, drag you out in handcuffs, at gunpoint and search anyway!"

The LEO's in Boston made a mockery of Civil and Constitutional Rights over ONE 19 year old criminal!

Flash

From what I've seen, they didn't even bother asking. Just pointed guns at people and told them to get out of their own homes. Then patted them down as they're walking out.

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    The killing and maiming of innocent bystanders in Boston was a heartbreak and a disgrace. What happened to apprehend these two criminals was appalling. Our Constitution was trampled in the dirt.

Flash

Last edited:

AlamoMIA

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Arlington, Texas
    In other words......the U.S. Constitution may be dispensed with for " officer safety ".....................................Huh ?

What ever happened to "public safety" ? People ordered to exit the safety of theirr homes into what might well have turned out to be a free fire zone.

Last edited:

AlamoMIA

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Arlington, Texas
    What about PUBLIC safety. These people were forced to leave the relative safety of their homes for an outside location that might well have erupted into a free fire zone at any time for all those mind-numbed robots knew.

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Personally, I think the "He killed a cop....let's get him!" went into warp drive. There was NO excuse for what they did to search for him. As it turned out, they would have found his stinking carcass a few days later even if the boat owner hadn't seen damage to his tarp.

Flash

Top Bottom