• ...and so much more!
  • Pilgrim

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Volente
    Hey TexMex,

Here's what I typically get with my Kidd rifle when I do my part.

photo_zps627000bb.jpg

RWS 50; 5-shot group forend supported on bags only. 3-inch shoot-and-see target from Birchwood Casey.

2be40505.jpg

Wolf Match Target and Wolf Extra; same support

e2232958.jpg

Wolf Match Target; same support; gusty day (had to really be patient with each shot)

Granted, most of these were fired in relatively calm conditions. I get all kinds of fliers if the winds have kicked up...

Last edited:

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    Really similar to my results...thanks for posting. I guess your rifle favors the Match target over the match extra ? I had a few groups that looked great a few shots in, then spread out as I got to the last few. One or two fliers on several were on the last damn shot. That first pic is a nice sub 1/2 inch group. Good shooting. Amazing how much the wind does play a factor over 25yds.

Pilgrim

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Volente
    Yeah even a light gust can throw your groups off. I just noticed you use Mueller APVs on your rifle. I have the Mueller Tactical on mine. I think they're amazing scopes for the price. I love my Leupolds but some of my Muellers come pretty damn close at nearly half the price...

35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    I think you need to swap scopes before you throw that Kidd in the trash. Try the scope from the ER Shaw gun. Also, are sure the fliers aren't due to parallax?

Pilgrim

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Volente
    I think you need to swap scopes before you throw that Kidd in the trash. Try the scope from the ER Shaw gun. Also, are sure the fliers aren't due to parallax?

Wait, don't throw the KIDD in the trash sell it to me at a steeply discounted price! I heard they suck but I'll take it off your hands because I like you TexMex :)

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    FYI, here are two 50 yard groups I shot with my 10/22 with a Kidd 16" fluted bull barrel. I've since shoot some Wolf Match which also preformed very well. The target Remington ammo on the right was 5 shots, the standard ammo on the left was 10 shots.

10-22-shoot-1-OPM_zps93f71fd5.gif

Edited to add: Of all of the ammo I've shot, I had a few flyers in the first 20 rounds or so, then they settled down. The Wolf came around after only one 10 round mag, and I'm thinking that's accountable to the very liberal amount of lub they put on them which I'm guessing helps "dress the barrel" with fewer shots.

Last edited:

Pilgrim

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Volente
    Extremely nice group on the right there, navy. I'll have to buy a box (or more) of the Remington Target to see how it does in my rifle...

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    IIRC the Remington target is re-boxed Eley ammo. Not sure which grade though.
    Sorry to hear you hate your Kidd TexMex
    I wouldn't say I hate it, I just expected it to outperform it's budget counterpart. I might even consider swapping barrels to see if the accuracy follows.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Extremely nice group on the right there, navy. I'll have to buy a box (or more) of the Remington Target to see how it does in my rifle...

Thanks. That was a perfect shooting day, and I'll admit that although that rifle shoots very well, I'm hard pressed to duplicated that level every time.

Top Bottom