Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
    • This poll will close: .

Joseph Bell

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    San Antonio, Texas
    I would like to see who all would be interested in taking a Combat First Aid/Self Aid class. It would be a two to three day through and through class covering the following:

• Gunshot wound trauma & emergency treatments
    • Major blood vessels & arterial trauma & emergency treatments
    • Sucking chest wound treatment & needle decompression
    • Opening Airways J-hook/Nasal tubes/Tracheotomy overview
    • Partial & Full amputation treatments
    • Broken bones & Spinal trauma & stabilization
    • Dehydration, Heat stroke, Hypothermia & treatments
    • Annual Red Cross CPR/First Aid certification

The instructors would be current and former 68W (Army Combat Medic) MOSQ instructors. These guys are top notch medics who have been training new medics for several years. The course would be a cut down version of the Army Combat Life Saver course, removing a lot of the information that is not relevant to civilians or otherwise illegal or that would cause major liabilities (i.e. IV Therapy, NBC stuff, Military medical evacuations, etc).

I am looking for people who would actually attend, not the “I would go to that, but have no intention in going because I like to type on a keyboard types”. No offense, but this course would require a lot of planning and would be very expensive for my company to set up. So I need no shit, people who are willing to sign up and attend this type of course, telling me yay or nay.

Currently I am looking at the price range of $350-$400 per student; this would include all medical supplies, course materials and possibly a tactical individual first aid kit (IFAK). The course price may be a little more or a little less, it will depend on how much of a discount I can get on bulk supplies and the training facility. The time period would be between November and February and the location would be in the San Antonio area.

Hurley's Gold

Top Bottom