• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JCC

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2018
    US
    This might be the closest to "standard AR" that I see on their website. I have not priced it.

https://www.lwrci.com/p-839-ic-di-standard-556.aspx

I think the main point is there are a lot of options out there that are good. Some prefer certain brands for different reasons. Some want to put one together from different manufacturers. We all like what we like and we may not be able to say why except to say "I just do".

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Target Sports

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Show me where I said Colt was better than any other rifle at 1k?

Right here

Its a damn fine rifle and proven. What else compares seriously?

So nothing else seriously compares to Colt? Hmm, that sounds like a claim of superiority to me.

LOL no, I meant better as in performance, reliability, accuracy, resale and combat proven effectiveness. All of those are the things I value.

Again, those all sound like you're trying to claim that no other rifle at the price point can beat Colt in those aspects.

Yeah, my BS meter is going off. You've been claiming that Colt is the best, and your own words prove that. Knock off the back tracking, no one is going for it.

Are you going to answer my question, or are you just going to keep trying to avoid it? What makes Colt functionally better than other ARs that are priced under $1000?

Last edited:

JCC

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2018
    US
    I'm pretty sure my next rifle will be the FN military collectible unless I can find a deal on a Colt SOCOM but I'm willing to look at some others.
    Colt SOCOM with KAC handguard is what I lost in the boating accident. This is a good video from another good channel. Comparing Colt and FN.

Boldkharma

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2008
    Plano

Still didnt say that in those posts jeesh. I asked what compares. Your the one who said they were all better. And you have still not proved they are better.

Boldkharma

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2008
    Plano
    Colt SOCOM with KAC handguard is what I lost in the boating accident. This is a good video from another good channel. Comparing Colt and FN.

Yes,

I watched that awhile back good stuff.

JCC

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2018
    US
    You are in good company with a lot of people who like what they like and have their reasons. We are all free to do that.

Boldkharma

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2008
    Plano
    Right here

So nothing else seriously compares to Colt? Hmm, that sounds like a claim of superiority to me.

Again, those all sound like you're trying to claim that no other rifle at the price point can beat Colt in those aspects.

Yeah, my BS meter is going off. You've been claiming that Colt is the best, and your own words prove that. Knock off the back tracking, no one is going for it.

Are you going to answer my question, or are you just going to keep trying to avoid it? What makes Colt functionally better than other ARs that are priced under $1000?

Your going off your rocker a bit. I never said Colts were functionally better than any other rifle at 1K so why would I argue with that? I asked what rifles are "better" at that price point. You dont have anything to prove there are any better rifles than the Colt at that price, maybe some are comparable that's why I asked.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I agree with you. My point was if there is an arguably better rifle at the 1k price point then my Colt I'd like to try one. I have not seen one at this point. I could say that a couple may be comparable but better? I didn't see it.
    Many things can make something better. For example: Timney, CMC, Geissele and many others are better than that Mil-Spec trigger. A better BCG can improve reliability and easier cleaning. A stainless steel barrel (from reputable manufacturer) can improve accuracy, although it may not have the same lifespan. Not to mention furniture, that can improve comfort which can possibly improve accuracy (i.e. free float hand guard).

Now can some or all of that be had for less than a grand? Depends on what you start with and what your personal tastes are.

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    7BD03147-96B0-46DB-8B3F-FFBC1270E4C5.jpeg

Attachments

• 7BD03147-96B0-46DB-8B3F-FFBC1270E4C5.jpeg
      7BD03147-96B0-46DB-8B3F-FFBC1270E4C5.jpeg
      12.6 KB · Views: 189

JCC

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2018
    US
    It will also depend on which Colt model and year of manufacturing. They have been known to source some of their parts from not good places.

and

Boldkharma

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2008
    Plano
    Many things can make something better. For example: Timney, CMC, Geissele and many others are better than that Mil-Spec trigger. A better BCG can improve reliability and easier cleaning. A stainless steel barrel (from reputable manufacturer) can improve accuracy, although it may not have the same lifespan. Not to mention furniture, that can improve comfort which can possibly improve accuracy (i.e. free float hand guard).

Now can some or all of that be had for less than a grand? Depends on what you start with and what your personal tastes are.

I'm not really interested in building my own. I buy off the shelf, again personal preference.

Boldkharma

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2008
    Plano
    It will also depend on which Colt model and year of manufacturing. They have been known to source some of their parts from not good places.

Those were an awful fail, I agree. Colt should have stuck to what they do best.

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    The M16 I carried in the Marines was made by H&R. It worked just as good as any of the Colt rifles.

If it's Mil-spec there's nothing to differentiate it from other Mil-spec rifles, like a GM. We actually had damn few Colt rifles. Most were H&R or the GM versions.

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Still didnt say that in those posts jeesh. I asked what compares. Your the one who said they were all better. And you have still not proved they are better.

Before, you backtracked and tried to say that some guns may be equal to Colt, but not better. Before that, you asked what guns even seriously compared to Colt. You're just digging yourself into a hole.

If you want to play that game, then let's play.

The Colt LE6920 - $996.01
    https://www.budsgunshop.com/product...920+Law+Enforcement+30+1+223REM/5.56NATO+16.1

367311.jpg

What does $1000 of Colt rifle get you?

1-7" Twist, chrome lined, 16.1" Gov profile barrel with an A2 bird cage flash hider

A2 front sight with a Magpul MBUS rear sight (a backup rear sight)

Generic handguard, grip, and adjustable stock

And the same basic trigger, hammer, and bolt that almost every AR-15 ever made has.

It weights in a 6.95 lb.

It is a VERY basic rifle. $300 budget ARs have this same basic configuration. It's a great basic design, but for $1000, it's not offering much.

What does the competition offer?

PSA PA-15 - $519.99
    https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-pa15-16-nitride-a2-midlength-556-moe-ar15-rifle-fde.html

516446841.jpg

1-7" twist, 16", Nitrided barrel (all things being equal, provides a more accurate, more corrosion resistant barrel), M4 extension, A2 flash hider.

A2 front sight with Magpul MBUS rear sight, just like the Colt.

Magpul hand guard, adjustable stock, and grip.

Enhanced single stage trigger, standard bolt and hammer.

Weight 6.5 lb

So for roughly $500 less, I get a rifle with a better trigger, better furniture, a potentially more inherently accurate barrel, and a similar configuration as the Colt. Why is the Colt worth twice as much? What does it offer over the PSA? I have experience with PSA parts, and they're great. I'd have zero qualms about trusting my life to one in even the most adverse conditions.

How about this one, it's about the same price as the Colt.

LWRC IC DI-GI - $999.00
    https://www.gunbuyer.com/lwrc-ic-di-gi-223-rem-5-56nato-16-1-barrel-30-1-icdir5b16e.html
    lwrcicdir5b16e_3_2.jpg

1-7" twist 16.1" barrel, Cold-Hammer-Forged, NiCorr-treated ,Spiral-Fluted Barrel with an A-2 flash hider.

No sights, but lets be honest. You'd end up buying better sights for the PSA or the Colt too, because all they have is an inexpensive rear back up sight.

The hand guard is free floated (better accuracy). The grip is a Magpul MOE+ grip which is light years ahead of those cheap plastic ones most ARs come with. The stock is a LWRCI Compact Stock w/ QD sling.

It offers a lot more for the price. What justification does Colt have for asking $1000 when I can get this instead?

How about this?

https://www.primaryarms.com/springfield-armory-saint-16in-556-nato-ar-15-rifle

or this

https://www.primaryarms.com/aero-pr...le-16-5-56-15-m-lok-anodized-black-apcr600306

What does Colt offer that demands a premium over these rifles? Why should I or anybody else pay more for a Colt, when we can get more for less elsewhere?

Colt is asking $1000 for a $500 basic AR-15 based on their name alone.This is why they failed in the civilian market. If I only have $1000 to spend on a rifle, it's damn sure not going to be a bare bones model.

Attachments

• 367311.jpg
      367311.jpg
      5.8 KB · Views: 298
    • 516446841.jpg
      516446841.jpg
      5.9 KB · Views: 308
    • lwrcicdir5b16e_3_2.jpg
      lwrcicdir5b16e_3_2.jpg
      18.1 KB · Views: 296
    Top Bottom