• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Really all i can say is that all the parts numrich sells for them won't fit.

Other than that, its a Colt. Bad DA trigger, good SA. Simple action once you learn your way around. The best lockup of any revolver out there

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>

I fondly recall that our lovable ‘’Barney Fife’’ type ‘’Dago‘’ City Marshall carried one that hadn’t been fired or cleaned in decades.

Some Friends took it out to test; only 2 of the contained rounds would fire.

They cleaned & lubed it, re-loaded it, & returned it to the Marshall.

To my knowledge, it was never fired again.

Small town Deep South. . . . . .

<>

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I’m going to pickup one that’s 1980 manufactured, barrel shroud. Tell me about them.
    I think you're buying a hunk of metal because of what's stamped on it.

I say that because you're asking about it here. I think if you knew a lot about them already, had some sentimental attachment or whatever, and the price was right you wouldn't care what we said.

I would carry this opinion about any purchase btw.

Personally, the name Colt holds little value to me. There are names that scream quality and Colt isn't one of them.

Without knowing the price or value I am guessing there is a better quality revolver available in a similar price range with more modern and desirable features.

It's not the '80s anymore.

All that being said, if your finances allow and you have some need for it then get it. Enjoy it and I'm happy for you.

SGT Dave

Very Tired
    Sep 5, 2012
    Kyle, TX
    I inherited one from a grandfather. It was an actual police service issue made in the mid-60s, and even has the original belt holster with the police department info stamped on it. It was my first gun and EDC until about 10 years ago. Had to kill a skunk with it once that was killing the chickens. Still works great for any targets within 7yds or less.

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    1c412af4ebc4c09564c38c206c512628.jpeg

1980. Double action is actually decent!!

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    Hey I want the Bianchi Iwb but, I probably want the style to guard the hammer from digging into my side.
    I would think anyways.

I can’t find what I’m looking for, suggestions?
    Model #?

Polkwright

Mar 3, 2021
    Houston, TX
    Nice guns, perfect size and six shots. I have no problem with them other than they are hard to get repaired properly. You have to find somebody that knows how to work on them. I have a late 1950's Agent that I shoot exactly once a year with low power loads. My grandfather-in-law gave me the grips (and that knife) from the one he used to own so I went and found one. It makes me feel like Paul Drake in Perry Mason.

Agent4 (1).jpg

Top Bottom