Lynx Defense

Collins Introduces Bill To Eliminate Unconstitutional Sporting Purpose Distinction

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dc dalton

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    NE PA
    Not sure how far this will go but it's worth a try I guess.

Today, Representative Doug Collins (R-GA) introduced legislation to eliminate the "sporting purpose" distinction contained in the Internal Revenue Code and the Federal Criminal Code. H.R. 2277 restores Second Amendment protections to all firearms.

Rep. Collins Introduces Bill To Eliminate Unconstitutional Sporting Purpose Distinction In Gun Laws | dawsontimes.com

Text of the bill: Proposed Federal Gun Legislation HB2277 - American Gun Owners Alliance
    Military Camp

AlamoMIA

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Arlington, Texas
    Call me a dreamer if you will - but I believe that Texas will eventually withdraw from the United States of America. I doubt that I will live to see that day, but it will come. How do I know this ?

The curtain is closing on the United States of America established in 1791. When the environment will no longer support the herd, the wise members disperse to ensure their own survival.

Texas will within 10 years spearhead a new economic " union " with Mexico, Central, and South America.

Incurable corruption in Washington, D.C. will eventually bring the U.S. to a standstill necessitating the states to resort to independent courses of action.

Jeffrey

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Longview, Tx
    Ummm, the SCOTUS in U.S. Vs Miller specifically mentioned military purposes. Doesn't that kinda toss a turd into the whole "sporting purposes" argument?

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Ummm, the SCOTUS in U.S. Vs Miller specifically mentioned military purposes. Doesn't that kinda toss a turd into the whole "sporting purposes" argument?

Well they also stated that a shotgun with a barrel of less than 18 inches has no use in the militia. I think that the widespread use of shotguns with barrels less than 18 inches these days by the military and LE could be used in an argument that their decision could be questioned as it may not be valid any longer.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    Call me a dreamer if you will - but I believe that Texas will eventually withdraw from the United States of America. I doubt that I will live to see that day, but it will come. How do I know this ?

The curtain is closing on the United States of America established in 1791. When the environment will no longer support the herd, the wise members disperse to ensure their own survival.

Texas will within 10 years spearhead a new economic " union " with Mexico, Central, and South America.

Incurable corruption in Washington, D.C. will eventually bring the U.S. to a standstill necessitating the states to resort to independent courses of action.

I don't know about "union" - maybe we should avoid that mistake this time around - but the USA is sinking like the Titanic and the liberals are pumping in more water.

AcidFlashGordon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I don't know about "union" - maybe we should avoid that mistake this time around - but the USA is sinking like the Titanic and the liberals are pumping in more water.

Kind of like this?

obamabailintotheboat.jpg

ATX_Shawn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Austin

I hear ya. IMO.. that's not secession that's the system falling apart. I too am a dreamer and I'd like to see Texas go its own path BEFORE shit falls apart.

Top Bottom