• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • c_m_shooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    Paradise
    Complete the paperwork and send them a check. It will be on your doorstep in a month or two. If you aren't that patient, get your paperwork in order, drive to Alabama or Ohio and pick one out off the rack. I was planning on ordering a CMP Special, but was in Ohio for some family stuff a few weeks ago, so made a litle trip to Camp Perry one day and picked out my rifle. I ended up selecting a service grade Winchester and a couple cans of M2 ball on clips. You get a free T-shirt for every thousand dollars you spend in the store.

c_m_shooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    Paradise
    The RWVA is only $20 a year to join. They are the group that puts on the Appleseed shoots. One of their appleseed shoots would also qualify for the training portion of the requirements if you don't already shoot in competitions or have a CHL.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    I joined TSRA for $3.00

and Instead of taking a class, I will be doing this part that is highlited in red boldened italics

Marksmanship or other Firearms Related Activity:
    You must provide proof of participation in a marksmanship related activity or otherwise show familiarity with the safe handling of firearms and range procedures. Your marksmanship related activity does not have to be with highpower rifles; it can be with smallbore rifles, pistols, air guns or shotguns. Proof of marksmanship participation can be provided by documenting any of the following:

- Current or past military service.
    - Current or past law enforcement service
    - Participation in a rifle, pistol, air gun or shotgun competition (provide copy of results bulletin).
    - Completion of a marksmanship clinic that included live fire training (provide a copy of the certificate of completion or a statement from the instructor).
    - Distinguished, Instructor, or Coach status.
    - Concealed Carry License.
    - Firearms Owner Identification Cards that included live fire training.
    - FFL or C&R license.
    - Completion of a Hunter Safety Course that included live fire training.
    - Certification from range or club official or law enforcement officer witnessing shooting activity. A form for use in completing and certifying your range firing can be downloaded from the CMP web site at http://www.odcmp.com/forms/marksmanship.pdf

So according to that, I just have to go to a range, give that form (I already printed it) to a range officer while I shoot and have him fill out that I did all those things?

Sounds easy.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Okay on the CMP Checklist, it says

http://www.odcmp.com/Clubs/Forms/ClubRifleApp.pdf
    6. Fill out the Order Form, indicating the type and grade of rifle(s) you desire. Please note: THESE
    RIFLES ARE FOR CLUB USE ONLY. Effective 09/22/03, you must have a club officer sign the
    Order Form which allows you to order on behalf of the CMP Affiliated Club.

Does that mean I have to have a TSRA club officer to sign my form? WTF?

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I qualified three times by shooting in CMP sanctioned matches. The paperwork was too intense for me so I never ordered any rifles.

Flash

Kingsnake

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    Houston
    The application process can get a bit complicated, but it is worth it.

A few years ago I ended up with an excellent condition M1 Carbine for under $500.

Top Bottom