• ...and so much more!
  • jimbo

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    north richland hills, texas
    I heard that Clark Armory had some good prices on ammo. From Dec 2023 to June 2024 I placed 6 orders for various handgun ammo. Mostly 9mm and 45acp which I ordered 1000 rounds and a couple orders for 500 rounds.. Over $99 I got free shipping and no tax. That was really a great deal. The only problem was that they were really slow with delivery, about 3 t0 3 1/2 weeks was the norm but the price was so good that I was ok with the longer wait. Several times I got nervous and emailed the customer service dept ( they would never reply to voice mail) to ask for a status and usually received the shipment in 4 or 5 days. These 6 orders I placed totaled $915. THEN I placed 2 orders in July this year, one for some 45 Colt and one for 9mm. these orders totaled $350. Again after about 3 weeks I emailed for a shipment status. This time I did not receive an answer. It has now been 11 weeks since I placed the orders. I have emailed every day for 3 weeks and I have not received an answer. I called Mastercard today to see if they can help me get a refund and they are going to investigate.
    My advice to my TGT friends is do not do business with them because CLARK ARMORY SUCKS!!!

DaBull

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 19, 2021
    San Antonio, TX
    That sucks. I bought from them once and received it, but don't recall their shipping speed.

If you bought a seasonal production round, perhaps they advertised a little too early to capture the market and now its slow to arrive. Still, they should respond to your emails or proactively send a warning email.

I had a company in PA (can't recall the name) advertise ammo as in stock, bill my card, THEN tell me its on a ship and would send it as soon as they receive it. After a month, I called and said ship today or send me a refund. They said they would have to refund but could not guarantee the same low price if I reordered. I told them that's not a problem since I would never be ordering from them again as I don't do business with companies that lie about their inventory, then stick me with interest payments on my credit card while they pocket the cash.

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    That’s just bad business and will certainly lose customers.

I use TargetSportsUSA and have had good luck with them. I pay about $90 per year and get an 8% discount off their list prices and free shipping with no minimum purchase.

They don’t have lightning fast shipping, but I’ve always received my order within two weeks.

For instance, I recently ordered a few boxes of .243 Winchester, 100 gr (Sellier and Bellot) for 14.99 per box of 20.

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Cass County TX.
    Hey Jimmy, from their web page, just now. It is their Bank's fault. Or so they state. Based upon your experience, it is questionable at best.

See paste below

We deeply regret having to share this information. After being in business for 10 years Clark Armory is temporarily closed. In the attempt to grow and expand our reach we implemented new systems and processes to keep up with larger companies. In doing that we seemed to have ended up getting connected with an Anti 2A bank that has closed our merchant account and is holding all of the revenue generated in the last 3 weeks. We are fighting to get it released so we can refund people but they are claiming that they can hold the money up to 180 days. We are working with our lawyer to get this handled sooner. First Fresno Bank located in California currently is holding all of the funds and we are encouraging customers to file charge backs if they do not release the funds. We are extremely sorry for the inconvenience that this has caused you and thank you for all the support over the years.

DaBull

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 19, 2021
    San Antonio, TX
    Hey Jimmy, from their web page, just now. It is their Bank's fault. Or so they state. Based upon your experience, it is questionable at best.

See paste below

We deeply regret having to share this information. After being in business for 10 years Clark Armory is temporarily closed. In the attempt to grow and expand our reach we implemented new systems and processes to keep up with larger companies. In doing that we seemed to have ended up getting connected with an Anti 2A bank that has closed our merchant account and is holding all of the revenue generated in the last 3 weeks. We are fighting to get it released so we can refund people but they are claiming that they can hold the money up to 180 days. We are working with our lawyer to get this handled sooner. First Fresno Bank located in California currently is holding all of the funds and we are encouraging customers to file charge backs if they do not release the funds. We are extremely sorry for the inconvenience that this has caused you and thank you for all the support over the years.
    There is a Fresno First Bank (recently renamed FFB) in Fresno, CA, but no First Fresno Bank. You would think they would know their own bank's name given their recent difficulties. How did they even choose that one...its a single branch bank?

The recommendation to charge back suggests they are not making this up and somehow pocketing the money, but they really should contact each of their customers with outstanding orders.

DaBull

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 19, 2021
    San Antonio, TX
    Just noticed Clark Armory's webpage is powered by Shopify. Shopify terms of service prohibits the sale of

weapons, ammunition, explosives, or related accessories, such as holsters, or any form of gun or bullet storage

though I am not sure if this applies to individual seller or store/merchant accounts or both. It might be that working with Shopify doomed Clark once somebody in the Shopify network figured out that ammo was being sold.

Top Bottom