• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Have not dealt with him beyond a quick chat at the gun show in Austin about a year ago. Most people in town recommend "The Gun Shop" up in Buttercup Creek shopping center, but my experience with them left me a bit aggravated. I went in and asked if they had any AAC TiRants in 9mm, or had any on order, and pretty much got blown off like I was beneath them. That's why I ordered mine from Talon ... at least I know Rob is going to take me seriously.

Kinda went off-topic but figured I'd give you a run down on my Austin C3 experience.

Mongo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Houston area
    Scott Ingam is a C2 in Austin. I believe you can find his contact info in the SAR magazines with the business card index. He's a good C2 and a great guy. I have never transferred (live in Houston) any guns trough him but have known him for a while.

SuperSix_9

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2010
    Kempner
    I am a National Guard Soldier and defense contractor so I deploy often, Chuck is a great guy and very professional. Two years ago, I had one small hiccup when I purchased a Walther P22 and GemTech suppressor through him, basically he forgot to order the adapter; because it was his mistake,he didn't charge me for the adapter but ordered one had had it shipped to me and he paid for it.

I am curently deployed again and buying more guns, for this trip I tried to use Lucy Creek Arms to buy a 9mm pistol for my wife and a Bennelli for me, the guy from Lucy creek kept replying to my email that he would send his FFL to the two dealer but after two weeks I got tired of no reply and waiting. I emailed Chuck and he replied back that the FFLs had been sent. Once the gun arrived Chuck emailed me the the shotgun had a scratch on but I knew that when I bought, I say this because to me, this was him looking out for me. I also have a semi MP5 SBR with him until I get back.

As the only other gun shop in my area is Guns Galor in Killeen, Chuck will get all of my gun business from now on!!

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    Chuck is a stand up of a guy - as good as they come. Very knowledgeable and helpful. I know him personally and have purchased through him. I would trust him with any transaction I had.

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Brad,

This is the email fro chuck to a customer of his that has been posted on several websites:

To whom it may concern regarding business with “Charlton F. Tooke” d.b.a. “Chuck’s Class 3”

I have proudly tried to serve the NFA firearms community since going into business in 2000. Up until recently I have done so with nothing but compliments from customers, many of which have become good
    friends over the years.

Due to events beyond my control in my personal and professional life, I will no longer be able to do so.

All I have to offer is my sincere apologies to anyone receiving this notice. None of the recent downfalls
    in my life were planned, and I certainly did not wish it to affect anyone doing business with me.

Anyone with any unfinished business with me can contact my lawyer.

Michael Baumer
    7600 Burnet Rd, Suite 530
    Austin, TX 78757
    512-476-8707

I have entered into Chapter 13 bankruptcy protection. Even though I more than qualified for Chapter 7, and
    could “walk away” I have elected to go the 13 route. Everyone who is owed any monies from me will be paid 100%

I am truly sorry that things have led to this.

Charlton F. Tooke

Basically, if someone paid chuck for an item and he never paid the manufacturer, you are an unsecured creditor in bankruptcy court.

If your item is in and has not been transferred, you are an unsecured creditor. The attorney may complete the transfer.

If you have an item and the form 4 has been returned, approved, you may get your item.

The first thing to do is contact Chuck's Bankruptcy attorney.

Chuck has referred numerous trusts to me and has been a reliable, upstanding guy. I really hate to see this happen to him. Obvisoult there has been some personal tragedy in his life.

Chuck says he will make all of his customers whole and as such he has filed Chapter 13 which is a reorganization.

YOU MUST CONTACT HIS ATTORNEY Immediately.

AusTex

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    This is very sad to hear about. He did my cobra transfer just fine. I didn't like his location as it was a heck of a long way from my house but that was not his fault.

Jeremy.

reubjames

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Buda
    This is a shame but would explain why I haven't been able to get a part I've paid for from him.

He did one suppressor transfer for me as well as one regular pistol transfer. Chuck was always a stand up guy. Too bad this happened.

reubjames

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Buda
    He never delivered the suppressor mount I paid for along with the suppressor I ordered. I'm in contact with the lawyer mentioned above about getting a refund on that item.

The first I heard about this issue was yesterday on this forum. I was patiently waiting for my part for the last few months. I knew Chuck was busy and I didn't need the extra mount that fast since I already had a couple more. AAC listed the particular mount as Out of Stock for a long time so I never pressed the issue.

I did get the suppressor I ordered and was able to pick it up from him in mid August (after waiting 13 months). I must have just missed having to deal with the bankruptcy issue. He seemed very distraught and busy when we met in August. Things must have been going down the tubes for him then. Too bad, he was a nice guy to deal with.

I'd be a little more upset if he still owed me a $1200 suppressor and not just a $125 mount.

Top Bottom