Not open for further replies.

Kyle

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Conroe
    425778d6-4f75-64b5.jpg

i was baptized catholic and coverted to ricky bobby.

Some areas of the country do consider NASCAR a religion... I wanna go fast

HEY EVERYONE!!! I sent this message from my freakin phone!

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    i find it odd that christians and catholics like to blame an entire religion for the acts of a single lunatic. any time a christian does things in the name of their religion its written off and they refuse to remember their own scriptures mention many times in their bibles to do violent disgusting acts against others who dont believe in jesus or god. these christian dogs need to wake up and quit criminalizing an entire religion that is the basis for your own.

the truth doctor.

ill probably take a forced vacation. but im sick of these comments about other people and their religions.

You are hypocritical. You denigrate an entire group on the heinous acts of a few, just like you bitch about Christians. Perhaps you should talke your own advice.

Edit; I see. Made up story to feign anger.

I'll never get these few minutes back

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    This is exactly why there has to be context, study, mentoring and direction when reading the bible. It's not one book, it's a whole bunch of books crammed together, written by different people at different times in history under different circumstances w/ different callings and purposes. Any idiot can pick it up, read a verse or even a whole book, and take the entire thing out of context.

bagged02

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Granbury, TX "South Ft.Worth"
    Anyone can do anything, crime or unethical. Its that one person that did the incident, not a entire group. If Jose canseco used steroids, dont say all MLB did. Little different, yes but similar in many ways

Kyle

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Conroe
    This is exactly why there has to be context, study, mentoring and direction when reading the bible. It's not one book, it's a whole bunch of books crammed together, written by different people at different times in history under different circumstances w/ different callings and purposes. Any idiot can pick it up, read a verse or even a whole book, and take the entire thing out of context.

Im a non practicing catholic. I went to church probably 3-4 times a week (bible study, alter boy.. you name it) up until a few years ago... I have this exact conversation with a few people/friends who tend to be a little on the crazy side IMO... Lets just say they TRIED to "save" me. I went to their "church" because they had been asking me too for a while, they know where I stand on this stuff but they ignore it.. but I didn't want to be rude; how bad could it be right? Plus I am all for learning about other's beliefs systems as to further my understanding. To my extreme surprise, they directed the service to me and asked me to approach the "stage" (their word, not mine)... I did hesitantly.. They gathered in a circle around me and started praying over me, trying to force me down to my knees. I got pissed, said some choice words and walked out. One of them had the nerve to call me and ask what my problem was. There is A LOT more to this story and ive contemplated writing a book about my experiences here in the bible belt...This is the gist of it though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Cardwellfamily5%
    Top Bottom