• ...and so much more!
  • V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Had a gentleman who was put in charge of his church security and he was telling me what all preparations they were taking in case of an acticve shooter. They have a fairly good plan in place for an active shooter except for when I asked................

What if the shooter is already inside because he is one of the members of the church?

c.tiberius

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 28, 2015
    Had a gentleman who was put in charge of his church security and he was telling me what all preparations they were taking in case of an acticve shooter. They have a fairly good plan in place for an active shooter except for when I asked................

What if the shooter is already inside because he is one of the members of the church?
    I thought of that as well. Another good reason for the congregation not to know who exactly has a LTC and carrying. We probably can't stop casualties but we'll stop mass casualties

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    What training are you guys taking, recommend for church security?

At a minimum, everyone needs to get together and discuss any scenario that anyone can think of and talk about who will do what based on where they are standing. Agree on some basic hand signals since you should count on not being able to hear each other. Discuss fields of fire and how to move so no one catches friendly fire while moving towards a bad guy. Having paper or a whiteboard to draw it out may help you understand if you don't want to walk through the scenarios.

It would be helpful after a few meetings when you feel like things are going well to bring in a pessimist who is against the idea so they can bring up some of the what if's you might not think about.

Professional training is great, but there are small steps you can take to start off with. Most of that has to do with working as a team in this type of situation, not with shooting skills.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Just be careful, a lot of Houses of Worship are also schools - and carrying on school grounds is still problematic to say the least!

Eli

Texas Penal Code § 46.11. Penalty If Offense Committed Within Weapon-Free School Zone

(a) Except as provided by Subsection (b), the punishment prescribed for an offense under this chapter is increased to the punishment prescribed for the next highest category of offense if it is shown beyond a reasonable doubt on the trial of the offense that the actor committed the offense in a place that the actor knew was:

(1) within 300 feet of the premises of a school;  or

(2) on premises where:

(A) an official school function is taking place;  or

(B) an event sponsored or sanctioned by the University Interscholastic League is taking place.

(b) This section does not apply to an offense under Section 46.03(a)(1) .

(c) In this section:

(1) “Premises” has the meaning assigned by Section 481.134, Health and Safety Code .

(2) “School” means a private or public elementary or secondary school.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    If the church has a private school on the property, but it's the weekend and students are not there, what is the call?
    Plain English please, no quoting of codes, etc.

Since the school is a subdivision of the church and you are not entering the premises of the school IMO you are not in violation of 46.03

para_bellum

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 29, 2019
    Dripping Springs, TX
    Note: If notice has been given via a 30.06 sign and you are caught carrying in church it is a Class A Misdemeanor (Reference: Texas Gun Law, Armed and Educated, 2019 edition, pg. 266) That's a lot worse than a Class C which is close to a speeding ticket. You can get your license suspended.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Note: If notice has been given via a 30.06 sign and you are caught carrying in church it is a Class A Misdemeanor (Reference: Texas Gun Law, Armed and Educated, 2019 edition, pg. 266) That's a lot worse than a Class C which is close to a speeding ticket. You can get your license suspended.
    No it is not.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin

That has changed. It is a class C unless you are ordered to depart and refuse

para_bellum

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 29, 2019
    Dripping Springs, TX
    That has changed. It is a class C unless you are ordered to depart and refuse
    Is it this?
    https://www.newsweek.com/texas-gun-laws-september-1-effect-schools-churches-restrictions-1457123

(There needs to be a wiki page or something)

EDIT: below is a decent 2019 reference. The posters above are correct, it seems churches are similar to other 30.06 zones (ie. you get a 2nd chance and must leave if given verbal notice)

https://www.nraila.org/articles/201...these-measures-all-take-effect-on-september-1

Last edited:

Eli

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Ghettohood - SW Houston
    If the church has a private school on the property, but it's the weekend and students are not there, what is the call?
    Plain English please, no quoting of codes, etc.

Felonious without written permission. What's worse, there is no signage requirement for schools, so you may not realize you're violating the law!

Eli

texasnurse

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2016
    My preacher is LTC and encourages congregation to carry, i conceal carry in church using a crossbreed supertuck, usually my XDS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

etxranch

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2019
    US
    If no 30.06 sign conceal carry is legal. (In the eyes of whoever made that law). Somebody needs make a law for a 2A sign to be displayed everywhere.

Top Bottom